“Return Customer”

Ranked #32 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Albion, New York
“Return Customer”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife an I have stayed at West Gorordo a couple of times.The staff is friendly and were more than accommdating.The rooms were clean and comfortable. You can walk to the mall or to many restaurants. Were looking forword to our next stay in December 2014 or March 2015.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank philipinohusband

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Restaurant here is very good for the area with good prices. I've ordered the tofu rice with green onions, only 95 pesos which is great and much better quality than any restaurant by the mall. Highly recommended . The area is ok but always need to be careful with bags sunglasses etc as any other place you don't know well.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Las Pinas
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is an older establishment that is reasonably well maintained. I stayed here quite often when it was newer and there weren't other choices that were newer and in the same price range. Good location close to Ayala Mall and uptown Cebu. There are cafes and restaurants close by. Pleasant and friendly staff. Clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JEmmanuelLasPinas
kerala
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Do you want a reasonably priced, well appointed, well located hotel? Look no further! A suirprisingly well maintained hotel, with very nice staff from the doorman to the nice lady at the desk and the cleaners who do such an excellent job, they are all pleasant, helpful and cheerful all the time. The deep green of the corridors are a little depressing, but otherwise, the rooms were spotless. The bathroom is a bit small and the plumbing and fittings quite old. The room has a little balcony which is lovely to sit out on although the view is no great shakes - just nice to see the sky and the street it looks over is quiet. They have a restaurant downstairs, but I haven't tried it. They are walking distance from Ayala Mall, and very well located to get anywhere in Cebu.

Room Tip: I was on the fourth floor and it was great!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank KeralaLily
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I got wind of West Gorordo Hotel because of tripadvisor.com. I've gone through hundreds of choices and reviews for a place to stay when my friend and I went to Cebu City last February. Some of the reviews I read at the time were spot-on--it's a decent hotel sans amenities and frills--in a good way.

Aside from being one of the most affordable hotels in Cebu, West Gorordo has a very efficient and friendly staff that would be glad to assist you in your queries.

There is no swimming pool, coffee shop or a resto of its own--but it serves its guests well. (they have a floor where they serve plated, breakfast combos).

The hotel is near most establishments, like the Ayala Center Cebu. Across it, there are two coffee shops if you need to have your caffeine fix. There is a (purified) water dispenser at the hallway should you need to drink up. If you need a hair dryer, you can ask for it at the reception. Should you wish to ask for a Cebu city tour, the guys at the reception are more than willing to give you contacts and numbers.

Checking in at an early time was also not a problem for us--they easily accommodated us upon arrival (we were there at around 7am).

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay for us.

So if you're up to seeing Cebu especially if you're within a budget (and without being shortchanged), then West Gorordo Hotel is for you. It's simple, unassuming, and peaceful. Like the city itself.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank chill3968
manila
Reviewed April 12, 2012

we chose Gorordo Hotel based on the reviews here in Tripadvisor. When we got there, it wasnt as nice as I pictured it to be.. An old hotel renovated.. thats it. had a pretty old facade. I was really dizzy from the plane ride and had to take a few hours of rest. They gave us a room at the end of the 3rd floor. Ok...it looked like a motel than a hotel. My headache was unbearable and with the price of 1800.oo for the regular room.. I couldnt complain because I had a headache to take care of so I tried to doze off inspite of the pungent smell in the room. After an hour I woke up with an unbearable headache to top it all off, the smell had me almost vomiting. Tried the wifi , it was dead. I went to the end of the hallway.. and tried it. Finally , I decided to talk to the staff and check out other rooms for an upgrade.we already paid in credit card so I didnt want the hassle of deleting the charged bill....it was a mess. We opted for the upgrade and they gave us a big room of four beds at the 5th floor. it had a view, 2 water closets and it was very spacious. the interiors were definitely different from the 3rd floor. It was modern and not at all like a stinky motel.Thank God! I had a great rest after that and by evening.I was anticipating a good rest. We left early for a long trip and returned really late to rest, but to our horror, the staff was waiting for us to ask us to transfer to another room because they said the plumbing had to be fixed in our level. I refused. I saw the icky old room at the 3rd floor, bigger but with the same horrifying scent and to top it. It had a view of a wall! I already paid extra for the next night and refused totally to the transfer. Tired and all I just said No way! it was good that there was this one staff. he was a man, tall and thin who was so gracious and so helpful and tried to calm us down the whole time and told us to wait and we didnt have to transfer if we can wait. I think he called the plumber who confirmed that we didnt have to leave because there wasnt any problem with our room's pipes. But the horror! So yeah, i trust that they were telling the truth because people were coming in that night and i had the feeling that they needed the big room. So with that. Its up to you to decide if you can risk the extra headache together with your budget trip.

Room Tip: ask for the 5th floor.. never take the lower floors. and never take the inner rooms, your view would...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We arrived in Cebu at 4 am and our next flight was at 7 pm. Needed a place to stay in while waiting for our flight. Checked with several hotels and all of them would not let us check in at 4 am and check out late in the afternoon. Looked through tripadvisor and found the page for this hotel. Gave them a call and they were so accommodating. We missed our flight and we called the hotel again. They let us stay the night even though we'd already checked out. There was already a cab waiting to take us to the airport when I returned the key to the receptionist. There's a buffet restaurant right next door too. I will never forget how great their service is and how helpful their employees are. Thanks again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family