“Top Notch Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Davao City, Philippines
“Top Notch Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

We arrived in Cebu at 4 am and our next flight was at 7 pm. Needed a place to stay in while waiting for our flight. Checked with several hotels and all of them would not let us check in at 4 am and check out late in the afternoon. Looked through tripadvisor and found the page for this hotel. Gave them a call and they were so accommodating. We missed our flight and we called the hotel again. They let us stay the night even though we'd already checked out. There was already a cab waiting to take us to the airport when I returned the key to the receptionist. There's a buffet restaurant right next door too. I will never forget how great their service is and how helpful their employees are. Thanks again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank VanessaGJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed a week. Found staff to be very friendly and smiling, hotel very clean and location -- great (near Ayala and SM malls and IT park). Moreover, room rate very affordable and competitive. Enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Egj1969
Mandaluyong, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

West Gorordo Hotel is the perfect hotel for me! Because it's almost right next to our regional office in Cebu City!

Late night or early meetings are not a problem when I stay in this hotel.

I've been here for a few times already. I like the staff. I like that the Wi-Fi signal is strong and stable. I like the breakfast nook on the second floor here which serves choices of American and Filipino breakfasts. I like that many taxi's and jeepney ply the area so accessibility is no problem. I like that it's near the city center, everything you need to get, every where you need to go, it's no hassle.

The hotel provides you the standard shampoo, conditioner and soap upon request. I like how practical they are. And they are not cheap. They give you the entire bottle! But you need to give that back (by leaving it in your bathoom) when you check out (I haven't tried smuggling it out of the hotel to verify that you really NEED to give it back).=)

Some of the rooms here face the wall so you might want to mention you want a room with view of the city, or at least the road, a little sunshine.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Chuck B
Pasig City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

West Gorordo Hotel is one of my favorite hotels in Asia! Warm, efficient hotel staff welcome you when you get there. Located in Cebu City, it's near Ayala IT hub and other business areas. Ayala mall is in one end, SM mall is in the other.

I've been here more than 3 times, I think. It's always my choice in Cebu City.

Not all room though offer the view of Cebu City so make sure you mention that you want to see the outside world. There was one time I stayed there and forgot to say I wanted a view, so I just got a view...of the concrete wall. But all rooms got pretty strong Wi-Fi signal.

They are really practical around here: they don't provide shampoo/conditioner sachets in the bathroom. Such items will be given to you upon your request. I find it quite clever: that way, those don't get stolen and it doesn't clutter up the bathroom which I usually fill with my own stuff.

I usually see business people frequent the hotel. Not much vacationers.

The place is pretty accessible as public and private vehicle ply Gorordo Avenue, I think 24/7. A great line up of coffee houses including Coffee Dream and Vienna-Kaffeehaus can be found right across the hotel.

This hotel is quite far though from the gorgeous beaches this island province has to offer.

The airport is also 35-45 minutes far so you better get up early, eat your hearty complimentary breakfast, and to get Mactan Airport quick. It's one helluva traffic from Gorordo Avenue (Cebu City) to Lapu-lapu City! In fact these two cities are situated in two separate islands of this province. The great big Mactan Bridges (Marcelo B. Fernan Bridge) connect these (yeah, they've got two bridges, the old one and the newer one). Remember, Metro Cebu is just like Metro Manila -- congested with cars and people!

Room Tip: Make sure you mention a room with a view of the outside world. But all there rooms are pretty clean...