“Service not at par with good food.”
Review of Anzani

Anzani
Ranked #3 of 808 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Nepali
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Having dinner with friends is expected to be minimal stress.. There is good food, good wine great ambience but below expectations with service. Seat/table assignment, informed the service guy that there will be 7 of us all together and was seated in a small area where i had to follow up on additional stools. Ordered a bottle of red wine, was served 3 glasses initially but had to call for the waiter twice to add more glass. I also wanted to have additional orders but had to search the area for someone to take our order while the restaurant was not full... Asked for a glass of water that isnt cold but a lady came with a cold glass of water about 7minutes later, and asked to have it replaced... Anticipation is one of the key factors for a good service as expected from a high end restaurant... Hopefully next time we come back we dont have to scour the venue for someone to take our orders...

4  Thank I_luv_cebu_food

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Having visited Cebu a few times before, I decided to try out Anzani for Valentine's Day after hearing all the positive word of mouth about the great view, food and service.

After a 2.5 hour dinner, I was left wondering why this place had such a great reputation.

Don't get me wrong, the food was good. It wasn't stunning (some dishes were over seasoned), but it's definitely some of the best Western food you'll find in Cebu. However, the horrendous service left a lot to be desired. Nothing ruins a dinner more than bad service.

We arrived at 8pm and were promptly at an indoor table facing the stunning mountain view. The decor and ambiance is was great! Unfortunately, the evening started going downhill from there. We waited 30 minutes to be given a menu, water, and bread. The drinks menu was never offered (you'd think that they would offer that up first since restaurants get the fattest margins from drinks), but I had to go up to the bar beside the cash register and look for one myself. Surprisingly, no one stopped me to offer any help. It wasn't until a more senior waittress saw my frustrated look that she quickly found one and gave it to me.

No recommendations were made when ordering. Worse yet, when one of the servers came to offer us more bread, she didn't know the types of breads she had in her tray (they were olive, tomato, and Moroccan).

The food was slow the entire evening and there was so much chaos going on around the bar and cash register. The restaurant has way too many staff and they don't know how to properly utilize them. It seems that it wasn't only our table that was experiencing this chaos. The table behind us got the wrong dishes two times in a row. We sat with a main dish and no utensils for 10 minutes until someone finally brought some over. Valentines might be a busy time of year, but a highly acclaimed place like this should be able to get it right.

Now let's talk about the food.

We ordered the foie gras and it was ok, nothing to write home about. The mushroom cappuccino was good and very rich, maybe too rich (probably our fault for ordering foie gras then a cream based soup afterwards). For main courses, we had the halibut fillet and wagyu shank. The temperature on the halibut was perfect but the dish seemed slightly bland. The wagyu shank was too salty.

After such a long wait, we skipped dessert.

Overall, this restaurant needs a lot of work on their service. The senior waitress did a good job given the chaos. However, training from management seems non existent. They have good staff who are genuinely nice, but it's such a waste to see that the systems are not properly set up or they have not been properly trained.

This place has potential to be a great restaurant. But for now, it only has potential...

4  Thank CPA902
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went there sometime summer as I was intrigued withe the reviews from top lifestyle magazines , so I called in to book our reservation. And when we came in the restaurant they gave us the table closely the main entrance which is find the noise from the outside" street" annoying from the sound of the motorcycles. And the waitress wasn't quite flexible / pro active about my request of canceling my cocktail order as I decided to get a bottle of wine instead from the cellar and this is what she exactly said : the bartender already made it . And it took quite a long time to have it served. The food was just ok, except the clam pasta has lots of grainy texture to it, it seems like your eating sand together with your pasta. Nevertheless the waitress was attended to pour wine to our glasses and I was impressed with the interior . Perhaps the next time I would just come in to lounge in the patio restaurant overlooking the mountain.

2  Thank Bluecrescent
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a very nice evening at Anzani. The restaurant is beautiful and the view from the terrace is great, remember to ask for a terrace table if booking in the weekends. The service is great and nothing is missing there. The food was good but not spectacular, the fish was not the freshest, but still tasty and the side orders to our steaks was slightly dull. Overall though a good restaurant and experience and recommendable.

3  Thank Nicholas M
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Have visited this restaurant twice since arriving here. It is a must visit for all. The food is outstanding , service is great and the view is spectacular! Even better the prices are very resaonable too!

5  Thank Sarah P