“If you book and reserve, you lose your reservation anyway!”
Review of Allsons Inn

Allsons Inn
Ranked #57 of 76 Cebu City B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“If you book and reserve, you lose your reservation anyway!”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I booked a room for a 2 month stay. I contacted them via Email in October 2011.

Jamie Craig replied to me. He was very friendly and we did some exchanges about prices and reservations. Then he said he's reserved a room for us for end of December to end of February.

Upon arriving in the Philippines (at another city), I rang them in November to confirm the booking. They said I don't have a booking. I emailed Jamie back and he said I had lost my booking because somebody else paid for our room in advance!!

If only he told me that a payment was needed to secure our room, then we would have done so. They are terrible. What's the point of reserving a room when you're gonna lose that reservation anyway??

I don't recommend them as you cannot trust what they say!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank dhaynosaur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I stayed in Allsons Inn for 3 nights in September and enjoyed my stay there. There is a 24/7 security guard that helps you get a safe cab whenever you need one and makes you feel safe. The rooms are for around 20 $ per night and include one meal (choice of breakfast/lunch/dinner) that is brought right to your room. The room is functional with a bed and small desk and even a tv. private washroom with hot water. the staff is friendly and helpful. the location is secure but not right in the center. however cabs are cheap and readily available. i would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank mla4ever
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We didn't book a hotel in advance for our Cebu trip thinking that we could always get a budget room for there are hundreds of them and since it's off-peak season, We were so tired from our flight and ourairport cab driver suggested we stay in this newly built pension house, he even had some flyers with him to show us the rates, We gave in and stayed in their double room just for a night so we could wash ands settle in, but definitely moved the following day. There are far better more places to stay in Cebu than Allsons. They say that the reason they are priced at such is because of the free breakfast that the room comes with, Also they are not a new place.

Bed was small- only two people can fit. Not advisable for couples travelling with a kid.
Free Breakfast - You can do better, Soggy fried stuff that tastes the same, probably all were fried in the same cooking oil.
Towels provided- You'd think twice before using it.
Toilettries- No toothbrush, just shampoo sachets and the two smallest soaps I have seen in all of my travels.
Check out is until12pm, Another catch I guess, of course if you are in Cebu as a tourist and busy touring around, tendency is you're unlikely to be back to check out at 12. So you'd have to pay extra on top of their published room rates, unlike in other place where it's at 2pm. we then had to pay extra when we went back from our tour. The guy in the reception charged us for the full four extra hours even if we checked out half an hour earlier that that. In the end I paid more or could have just spent the same amount in a hotel that allows late check outs for free or with minimal costs.

They surely must charge less for the facilities and service they provide. If you have money to spend, spare yourself from the hassle, search around and you'll definitely find something better.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank anythingoes

Travelers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

brisbane, australia
Reviewed February 26, 2010

This place is value for money hands down. P750 a night (reduced rate to P15,000 for monthly) is a winner especially with WiFi, breakfast, rooftop, security guard thrown in. Location is not convenient but cheap in Jeep or Taxi.

A word of warning to singles who are dating - Guys & Gals. I had a strange comment passed to a girl i had been regularly seeing about my previous (female) guests in the month prior. Just be aware of this issue from my post and another post that if you find a "keeper" that your dating, keep him or her away from the lobby area. Otherwise, TOP STAFF, top Place to stay ... thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank asitejust4u
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 3, 2010

Heres my 2 cents worth:
If you want to stay closer to the action (ie. crawling distance from Mango square) then perhaps look at a Ramos street hotel. This place is a neglible cab fare home from Mango and half way to Ayala (major shopping area) where you can also grab a bit to eat etc.

BUILDING: Newish building, i think less than a year old. Rooftop which opens for breakfast. Also can go up there to take in the views from the deck. *if only management put an outdoor table setting up there...

Rooms are basic but clean (don't like so much the colours eg. pink on one level, 5th floor is blue), views from room as well as roof top of course. Stones throw cab fare (c.40p to Ayala or Mango <US.80c). MONTLY RATE: Currently 15,000 PHP per month.

THE ROOM DEAL: includes WiFi internet (reliable), breakfast, 72 channel cable TV.
I paid 750PHP per night including above at the time of writing. A lot of the rooms closer to Mango square are that price (without those addons such as internet) upwards.

EXPERIENCE: hardly anyone - guests staying there... it was spot the traveler games all round which i loved. Loved the rooftop breakfast. If you want a hustling bustling hotel then this is not the place.

NEGATIVE: need a taxi to get to mango but cheap, can walk it if you want. No decent restaurants around, NO GENERATOR. if you have a power failure, thats it. You can get a backup WiFi card if its mission critical.

If you want a decent place to go to for food try: PERSIAN PALATE at ayala, mango square, robinsons (old mall) and Park Mall... great choice of Indian, Persian, vegetarian food (vegetarian being a rarity in this pork loving nation)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank scumwatch
miami
Reviewed January 16, 2010

Laundered my clothes with them and came back smelling like sewer. Now I can laugh but going to the airport with nasty clothes was really disgusting. And another guy was complaining about his missing underwear. Very nice little place to hang out though, it's a good price. Just make sure you keep track of what you owe because staff was scratching down numbers and tallying things up lack a 5 year old... haha :P don't let the security guard see you bring in more than one girls cause he'll get jealous and tell your other girlfriend .. hehe... whatever. Cool place though

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank ksantiMIA
ILOCOS SUR
Reviewed July 2, 2009

The ambience inside the room is great, its real comfortable to stay with.I'm so budget conscious and im so satisfy with their room rate which is very affordable.I will personally recommend this establishment because the young owner of the company will personally will assist your needs.

• Stayed May 2009