“Bed and pillows”

Ranked #16 of 89 Hotels in Cebu City
Philippines
“Bed and pillows”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Fast check-in transaction. Loved the location. My only problem was the bed and pillows. The bed was clean but a bit hard Not to mention the pillows too. Even had a hard time sleeping on my first night. During the day, I asked for a pillow replacement with a softer pillow, they graciously provided me with one but still it was a bit on the hard side. For my vacation staples, sleep is very important for me. I MUST HAVE a good night's rest during vacation. Not to mention the thin blankets. But overall, service, cleanliness were all good.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was in this hotel for 3 days for attending 10th Asia Pacific congress of cardiology in Radisson Blue hotel. Break fast was good. Staffs are well behaved and co-operative. it has an Apple store inside. It has good location. Rooms are clean and has a wonderful city view from window. it is value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This has been my hotel of choice in Cebu, but not anymore... Buffet breakfast is poor, unless you get there very early.. Breakfast in bed alternative is served cold and poses health risk... Rooms are showing signs of age, no flat screen tv even.. Front office staff are indifferent to problems... Going to try other hotels in the price range which I'm sure are superior.. My stays at Park Lane are over.... Nick... London

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nick K

Travelers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Franklin, Indiana
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I booked this hotel online through Expedia despite mixed reviews. I should have trusted my instinct and went elsewhere or to another property that I have stayed at in the past.
The front desk staff seems very unorganized and while not rude, not super helpful and very inefficient. They were not ready for me when I arrived at 2pm for check in. They took my passport and were gone quite a while making a copy, which they did not tell me they were doing and made me a bit uncomfortable that they did not talk through the process.
After spending quite a long time checking me in, the attendant then told me I would have to wait as my room was not ready.
I waited and additional 15-20 minutes and returned to the counter. Then the attendant told me she had to have a copy of my receipt or confirmation voucher. It was in my bags which I had earlier left with the concierge. I asked if I really had to go get all my bags and give it to her now and she said I did. She took it and then advised she either needed to keep it or make a copy. Seeing how long it took her to copy my passport, I just told her to keep it. Seems completely unnecessary, I made a reservation, she could see it, she checked my ID and now needed even more proof? It seemed part of the issue with check in and every interaction and the front desk taking so long is they were busy doing busy work that wasn't really necessary. Also in future interactions at the front desk they would always be busy recounting the money in their cash drawers, shuffling piles of their unnecessary paperwork and basically doing anything except acknowledging their guests and taking good care of them.

Finally after over 30 minutes I was checked in. But as she went to give me my key she because flustered again and decided she needed to switch my room and went to exchange the keys again.
The valet who helped me to my room, after I asked, was very polite so no complaints there.

The room- immediately disappointed. Very small. Very old. Very dated. The fixtures were dusty and old. There is one very small window. The room is very dark there is hardly any light by the closet or mirror. Doors and trim are all very dark painted wood making the room seem even darker.
I called housekeeping and requested 2 additional pillows as there were only 3 small ones. I also asked for washcloths as there were not any. They brought me towels and washcloths, no pillows. I had to ask again.
The bathroom is EXTREMELY small. You can barely navigate thought the door that opens in and the blocks access to anything but the sink and the toilet. You have to shut the door to get to the shower.

The tub is plastic with a gap between it and the floorboard so you constantly feel like you are going to fall through and feel the bounce in the space gap. The fixtures are all RUSTED and very old! Best part-- hot water is spotty and rarely available. Cold showers for the most part especially at peak hours.
Bed was "ok" but small. There are no electrical outlets near the bed so you can't charge your phone while in bed.
The wifi is awful!! Very slow and unreliable. Disconnects constantly. Extremely frustrating to lot even have this as a basic amenity. They also changed the password during my stay so in the middle of the night on Sunday I lost connectivity with no warning. I understand the need to change for security but it would be nice to warn me or at least provide the new password upon check in without having to ask. They also use a random code that is on a tiny piece of paper that you have to type each time. When you are constantly disconnected it becomes an added frustration. Clearly they are more worried about outsiders accessing their crappy wifi than making it easier on the paying guests.
Had to call everyday and ask for washcloths. Seems very odd.

Overall this hotel is WAY overpriced for what you get. I strongly recommend against staying here. We stayed one night at the nearby Quest hotel before coming over to Parklane and would have much rather continued to stay at Quest which was much more updated, cleaner, better amenities, friendlier, and even MUCH cheaper.

The pool attendant allowed me to "sign for my drinks" and I assumed this was normal. After doing so, and I was leaving he chased me down yelling that I was not allowed to charge my drinks and I needed to give him cash now. How embarrassing. When I went to complain at the front desk she said I hadn't asked for the privilege. How would I know?

Upon checking out, we were rushing to catch a ferry and were told we had to wait for the room to be checked and for our mini bar charges. I had written down everything we had taken and offered to pay immediately. They said I had to wait and it would be just 1 minute. Over 10 minutes later of the guy paging someone on the walkie talkie and nothing. I offered to just pay for everything in the mini bar to get out. We barely made our connection.

We were so happy to end our stay at the Parklane and move on and will never stay there again.

Room Tip: go eleswhere
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank T0nyCr
Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I made fast booking while arrived to Mactan and saw the promo this hotel on the Hotels.com. 240 Euros 7 nights including breakfast. It was amaizingly affordable but somehing wrong with the hotel contract because in my Finnish voucher breakfast appeared to be complimentary but on the hotel promo ment only a room charge. Breakfast was still pretty fine but i woke up mostly late and near 10 am there was just left overs and US. men cap on their head having meal with young Filippinas.

Hotel itself is lovelly. Room was nice,.silent aircon and complete curtains set it dark ,.tv and bathroom needs already updating. Pool area near spa was mostly in the shadow of Mandarin hotel besides. Hotel has a nice looking kids playing room and spa with all extras. Service, mostly really so nice,.smiling and friendly. Location is fantastic nearby almost everything Cebu might offer to foreingers. Lovelly security forexample during the time of taxi booking, they really take good care of customers belongings and security.

Room Tip: Rooms on the main street side are noisy, really heavy traffic. Ask opposite side.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 15, 2014

If you're not an early riser and booking for a room. I recommend book it without a buffet breakfast. The buffet breakfast is about $20 and being served between 6am -10am. If you go there during the last hour 9am-10am, everything are leftovers. If you're unlucky like mine, you just left having either a hard boiled or scrambled eggs. Haha. Not worth it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Odie975
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Cebu Parklane was not included in the hotel list .that I was suppose to check for a company stay-in conference and roadshow due to a lot of negative reviews. I went to check the place.and find it ok and it still had an available function hall for my needed date. We booked around 50 rooms which the guests loved. Check in was also a breeze since they allotted a smaller conference hall on the second floor to facilitate faster check in for the group. The hotel has a pool, gym, sauna on the 4th floor which if free for its guest. Banquet staff are also very helpful and accommodating. I arrived later than supposed scheduled so I was a little worried that the function hall was not yet arranged, Everything was set up for the roadshow but I find it too plain Upon checking, there was no color motif request for the tables and chair in the booking request. Staffs were pulled out to help rearrange the hall. I appreciate that everyone was willing to help us. They even went out of their way looking for more decors to put on our assigned hall. Ms Anna was always attentive and would always check if we needed anything else. Food is also good.Buffet breakfast has enough choices to cater different food preference and enough food options for the kids.

Cons: erratic hot and cold water in the shower and sink. A little bit noisy on the rooms facing the road. Poor Wifi signal

Overall, we're glad that we choose Parklane as our hotel in Cebu. I guess, minor incidents could be avoided by telling them beforehand of your expectations and worries. They are more than willing to listen and attend to such issues.

Thank you for being a part of our event's success.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business