I booked this hotel online through Expedia despite mixed reviews. I should have trusted my instinct and went elsewhere or to another property that I have stayed at in the past.
The front desk staff seems very unorganized and while not rude, not super helpful and very inefficient. They were not ready for me when I arrived at 2pm for check in. They took my passport and were gone quite a while making a copy, which they did not tell me they were doing and made me a bit uncomfortable that they did not talk through the process.
After spending quite a long time checking me in, the attendant then told me I would have to wait as my room was not ready.
I waited and additional 15-20 minutes and returned to the counter. Then the attendant told me she had to have a copy of my receipt or confirmation voucher. It was in my bags which I had earlier left with the concierge. I asked if I really had to go get all my bags and give it to her now and she said I did. She took it and then advised she either needed to keep it or make a copy. Seeing how long it took her to copy my passport, I just told her to keep it. Seems completely unnecessary, I made a reservation, she could see it, she checked my ID and now needed even more proof? It seemed part of the issue with check in and every interaction and the front desk taking so long is they were busy doing busy work that wasn't really necessary. Also in future interactions at the front desk they would always be busy recounting the money in their cash drawers, shuffling piles of their unnecessary paperwork and basically doing anything except acknowledging their guests and taking good care of them.
Finally after over 30 minutes I was checked in. But as she went to give me my key she because flustered again and decided she needed to switch my room and went to exchange the keys again.
The valet who helped me to my room, after I asked, was very polite so no complaints there.
The room- immediately disappointed. Very small. Very old. Very dated. The fixtures were dusty and old. There is one very small window. The room is very dark there is hardly any light by the closet or mirror. Doors and trim are all very dark painted wood making the room seem even darker.
I called housekeeping and requested 2 additional pillows as there were only 3 small ones. I also asked for washcloths as there were not any. They brought me towels and washcloths, no pillows. I had to ask again.
The bathroom is EXTREMELY small. You can barely navigate thought the door that opens in and the blocks access to anything but the sink and the toilet. You have to shut the door to get to the shower.
The tub is plastic with a gap between it and the floorboard so you constantly feel like you are going to fall through and feel the bounce in the space gap. The fixtures are all RUSTED and very old! Best part-- hot water is spotty and rarely available. Cold showers for the most part especially at peak hours.
Bed was "ok" but small. There are no electrical outlets near the bed so you can't charge your phone while in bed.
The wifi is awful!! Very slow and unreliable. Disconnects constantly. Extremely frustrating to lot even have this as a basic amenity. They also changed the password during my stay so in the middle of the night on Sunday I lost connectivity with no warning. I understand the need to change for security but it would be nice to warn me or at least provide the new password upon check in without having to ask. They also use a random code that is on a tiny piece of paper that you have to type each time. When you are constantly disconnected it becomes an added frustration. Clearly they are more worried about outsiders accessing their crappy wifi than making it easier on the paying guests.
Had to call everyday and ask for washcloths. Seems very odd.
Overall this hotel is WAY overpriced for what you get. I strongly recommend against staying here. We stayed one night at the nearby Quest hotel before coming over to Parklane and would have much rather continued to stay at Quest which was much more updated, cleaner, better amenities, friendlier, and even MUCH cheaper.
The pool attendant allowed me to "sign for my drinks" and I assumed this was normal. After doing so, and I was leaving he chased me down yelling that I was not allowed to charge my drinks and I needed to give him cash now. How embarrassing. When I went to complain at the front desk she said I hadn't asked for the privilege. How would I know?
Upon checking out, we were rushing to catch a ferry and were told we had to wait for the room to be checked and for our mini bar charges. I had written down everything we had taken and offered to pay immediately. They said I had to wait and it would be just 1 minute. Over 10 minutes later of the guy paging someone on the walkie talkie and nothing. I offered to just pay for everything in the mini bar to get out. We barely made our connection.
We were so happy to end our stay at the Parklane and move on and will never stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DAYON KAMO!As you step into the lobby's modern-contemporary ambiance, one can immediately get the feel of authentic Cebuano hospitality. Featuring 241 stylish and well-designed guest rooms and suites equipped with facilities and amenities to complement the needs of every traveler and ensure a pleasurable yet functional stay.From the friendly and courteous staff, stylish and upscale accommodations, to creative, delectable cuisine and warm, elegant atmosphere, the Cebu Parklane International Hotel allows business and leisure travelers to experience the city's vibrant and colorful rhythms amidst an exciting backdrop of businesses, shopping, dining and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Cebu Parklane International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parklane International Cebu City
- Hotel Parklane International
- Cebu Parklane International Hotel Cebu Island/Cebu City