Cebu Parklane International Hotel
Harolds Hotel(Cebu City)
$114
$95
Agoda.com
Radisson Blu Cebu(Cebu City)
$204
$138
Radisson Blu
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsayala mallbreakfast buffetcebu business parkfitness centerbusiness tripflat screencentral locationchecking infried fishmeriendainternettaxidryerfilipinoproximitysecuritytoiletries
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This is a decent hotel The location is good, close to a major shopping and dinning area. The only issue I have had was that the internet was not working so great in some rooms. I stayed here twice, was better on the 7th floor, but not as good on the 12th floor.

Room Tip: Unless you want to spend 1800 pesos on the breakfast alone, Try to select the "in-bed breakfast" option at the check in. The exact same room will cost you almost twice if you opt for the buffet breakfast.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank thekhansahb
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Companies all over the world are looking to save on travel costs and accommodations, so if you're looking for a reasonably priced business hotel in Cebu, the Cebu Parklane Hotel is your best option. The service at this hotel matches the Marriott or even Marco Polo Cebu. Checking in is a breeze (I've visited Cebu for work numerous times and I've never waited more than 5 minutes to complete my check-in). The rooms are very clean, the bed is comfortable, airconditioning is easy to manage at your comfort level, and the room fridge has a good stock of local snacks in case you're hungry in the middle of the night.

The Cebu Parklane is smaller than the Marriott or Marco Polo, but it is centrally located. If you are looking to shop, the Ayala mall is less than 3 kilometers away (less than PHP 50 cab fare or a little over $1). If you are in Cebu for a business meeting, particularly at the Cebu IT Park, the hotel is about 5 kilometers away (about PHP 60 cab fare). The room generally comes with free breakfast served from 6:00 am to 10:00 am daily. Do NOT miss the breakfast buffet. You get a good choice of salads, a variety of local fruits, fresh bread, a good choice of cheeses (I'm a fan of Brie and blue cheese), and the local favorites served with garlic or plain rice (danggit, corned beef, longaniza, etc.). The brewed coffee at Parklane is perfect.

There are newer and bigger business hotels in Cebu, but Parklane is my choice in Cebu.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Philippina
Reviewed December 9, 2013

stayed at this hotel 1st week of November 2013.
my own opinion - I will not go back and will not recommend.
Hotel is old and dirty, beds very uncomfortable, the bathrooms seriously need major update, old TV and no Fridge. I paid P2,200/room about $56 CDN/night plus 22 percent taxes.
the room have a phoneline but cannot make free phonecall- even within the city.
to make a phonecall- you have to go to the lobby behind the reception area where they have a public phone. But still you have to go through the operator to make a phonecall! - so my reaction was? it is a very ***** arrangement!
the Buffet at Manuel's was pricey for the cold food!

I had no option because it was "Yolanda" typhoon time and I was stuck at the hotel for 2 nights.

the only good thing about the hotel was - LOCATION. close to AYALA if you like Ayala.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank wabby426
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I expected worse from the hotel when I read the reviews. However, I can't say it was the worst hotel. It probably doesn't live up to being a 4-star hotel. I'd say it should be considered 3 to 3.5 stars.

The location is close to a lot of other hotels. We were happy that it's just a good 5-10 minute walk to Ayala Mall Cebu.

The room is fairly decent but the carpets can trigger allergies. The TV is flat-screen but still CRT. It should be updated to at least an LCD or LED already.

The shower temperature can be erratic at times. The bath tub squeaks with every step. The hair dryer is does not have enough power to dry anything.

The breakfast buffet is okay. Nothing spectacular but decent enough to fill a stomach before a long day.

The function room is okay although the carpet is terribly dusty. The food served during snacks are not expected from a hotel- mostly random bread/pastries you can get from a local bakery for 20 pesos. The lunch meals are slightly better. I was disappointed that they did not bother to set up the tables for the second day of the event and just left the table as we left it the previous day.

Don't even get me started on the common restrooms for the function rooms. They were terrible. Definitely not hotel caliber. If you need to go to the restroom during an event, just go up to your hotel room instead if you can.

I was terribly disappointed at their hotel restaurant Kan Anan. Not only was the place open air, the food choices were limited and the buffet area did not have any cover. The food were no longer hot and when we requested for freshly grilled chicken, we were told to get from the chaffing dish with cold grilled chicken. It was a sad sad buffet. I did not get any feel of it being a hotel restaurant or a decent restaurant at all.

Also had a horrible experience of the front desk staff waking me up and calling me up at 5 am just to check if I was going to be the one to check out later that day. (Checkout time is 12nn!) I don't think that they should do that for any reason except an emergency.

Again, it's not the worst hotel but it needs to fix so many little things. I hope the hotel management gets to read this and improve in case I need to go back here for another business trip. Otherwise, I hope we get assigned to a better hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank M U
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We opted for the smoking room since i smoke cigarettes .- terrible decision. The dirtiest room ever. Dusty old carpet, bed even has stubble hair trimmings probably from previous guest! Had plastic bathtub which was very small, uncomfortable and squeaks when you step in them. This window was vibrating noisily probably from the metal framing it had. Every part of room was dirty. Your body itches when it touches the bed covers! Terrible. Just terrible.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple