“Old Hotel”

Cebu Parklane International Hotel
Ranked #14 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed December 9, 2013

stayed at this hotel 1st week of November 2013.
my own opinion - I will not go back and will not recommend.
Hotel is old and dirty, beds very uncomfortable, the bathrooms seriously need major update, old TV and no Fridge. I paid P2,200/room about $56 CDN/night plus 22 percent taxes.
the room have a phoneline but cannot make free phonecall- even within the city.
to make a phonecall- you have to go to the lobby behind the reception area where they have a public phone. But still you have to go through the operator to make a phonecall! - so my reaction was? it is a very ***** arrangement!
the Buffet at Manuel's was pricey for the cold food!

I had no option because it was "Yolanda" typhoon time and I was stuck at the hotel for 2 nights.

the only good thing about the hotel was - LOCATION. close to AYALA if you like Ayala.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank wabby426

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I expected worse from the hotel when I read the reviews. However, I can't say it was the worst hotel. It probably doesn't live up to being a 4-star hotel. I'd say it should be considered 3 to 3.5 stars.

The location is close to a lot of other hotels. We were happy that it's just a good 5-10 minute walk to Ayala Mall Cebu.

The room is fairly decent but the carpets can trigger allergies. The TV is flat-screen but still CRT. It should be updated to at least an LCD or LED already.

The shower temperature can be erratic at times. The bath tub squeaks with every step. The hair dryer is does not have enough power to dry anything.

The breakfast buffet is okay. Nothing spectacular but decent enough to fill a stomach before a long day.

The function room is okay although the carpet is terribly dusty. The food served during snacks are not expected from a hotel- mostly random bread/pastries you can get from a local bakery for 20 pesos. The lunch meals are slightly better. I was disappointed that they did not bother to set up the tables for the second day of the event and just left the table as we left it the previous day.

Don't even get me started on the common restrooms for the function rooms. They were terrible. Definitely not hotel caliber. If you need to go to the restroom during an event, just go up to your hotel room instead if you can.

I was terribly disappointed at their hotel restaurant Kan Anan. Not only was the place open air, the food choices were limited and the buffet area did not have any cover. The food were no longer hot and when we requested for freshly grilled chicken, we were told to get from the chaffing dish with cold grilled chicken. It was a sad sad buffet. I did not get any feel of it being a hotel restaurant or a decent restaurant at all.

Also had a horrible experience of the front desk staff waking me up and calling me up at 5 am just to check if I was going to be the one to check out later that day. (Checkout time is 12nn!) I don't think that they should do that for any reason except an emergency.

Again, it's not the worst hotel but it needs to fix so many little things. I hope the hotel management gets to read this and improve in case I need to go back here for another business trip. Otherwise, I hope we get assigned to a better hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank M U
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We opted for the smoking room since i smoke cigarettes .- terrible decision. The dirtiest room ever. Dusty old carpet, bed even has stubble hair trimmings probably from previous guest! Had plastic bathtub which was very small, uncomfortable and squeaks when you step in them. This window was vibrating noisily probably from the metal framing it had. Every part of room was dirty. Your body itches when it touches the bed covers! Terrible. Just terrible.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jake R
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have stayed here several times before at this is a relatively new hotel but this visit was extremely disappointing. The hotel is looking very tired and worn as the original design was already dated with it's dark stained wood everywhere and nasty plastic bath tubs, the chrome on the taps are now worn through and the bathroom units look shabby.
The Christmas decorations this year are old and dusty papiermache toadstools etc and the tree made from plastic bottles, I think this sums up the whole place, very shoddy!
Breakfast is a disaster, very average food awful coffee, precooked fried eggs and artificial juice. The staff were courteous and hard working but rushed off their feet post 07.30 when the restaurant is a scrum. The 'Business Centre' consists two computers in the lobby right next to a huge air con unit. Strangely my corner room was large, the bathroom too and the bed comfortable but the look of the place is so old.
I inspected the pool area a few days ago and a sheet of blue glass fell several storeys from the front elevation and shattered close to me, then another. Subsequently the pool will be out of use for many weeks.
The hotel will probably do okay because of its location but there are much better places to stay until this one gets its act together.

Room Tip: Both front and rear rooms can be noisy!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank PutneySW
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago for my parents' wedding. Loved it so much that my family and I decided to come back. Our whole stay so far has been a huge disappointment.

The hotel rooms - the way our bath tub was made was ridiculous. When taking a shower, water would leak from the bath tub all over our bathroom floor. While taking a warm shower, the water would change from warm, to hot, to extremely hot, to cold and back to warm without myself changing the temperature. Also, the carpet looks like it has not been vacuumed.

Our room came with a bed in breakfast for 2. Every morning we'd get our breakfast and coffee cold.

One night we decided to take a dip in the jacuzzi. Turns out the jacuzzi wasn't working properly - it was warm and the bubbles were not working. The very next day we went back to use the pool during the day, and turns out they had to close the pool for about 5-7 days for "maintenance cleaning." I was upset that we did not get a notice prior to the pool closing, that way we could've utilized the pool prior the cleaning. My 6 year old brother was bummed that we could not use the pool - one of the main reasons we came to stay here.

My brother decided to get a in-room 60 minute massage. While massaging him, his masseuse was watching tv - thinking that I didn't notice. It doesn't seem like she was certified.

I think the best thing about this hotel is the location. It's walking distance to Ayala Mall and about 10-15 minutes away from SM Cebu. There is a cafe and buffet (Manuels) downstairs, both of which are excellent.

However, because of the lack of cleanliness in the hotel rooms and the unfriendly staff, I would definitely not come back. 2 years ago this hotel was definitely not the way it is now. I'd probably just come back to eat and that's it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank christina n
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my childs birthday. Surprisingly for the price, the hotel was good. Rioms were clean, service was also good and the buffet breakfast although not fantastic was good as well--ove its at par to its value.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank cebufoodieinheels
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Its an affordable hotel conveniently located near the Ayala malls (walking distance). The food is nearly excellent. Good tasting and reasonably priced but lacks a bit of variety. The strength of this hotel is its friendly staff staff, very helpful, very friendly and good people skills. I wouldn't mind staying here again. It's way better than the crummy old marriot.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business