“Very disappointed.”

Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Very disappointed.”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago for my parents' wedding. Loved it so much that my family and I decided to come back. Our whole stay so far has been a huge disappointment.

The hotel rooms - the way our bath tub was made was ridiculous. When taking a shower, water would leak from the bath tub all over our bathroom floor. While taking a warm shower, the water would change from warm, to hot, to extremely hot, to cold and back to warm without myself changing the temperature. Also, the carpet looks like it has not been vacuumed.

Our room came with a bed in breakfast for 2. Every morning we'd get our breakfast and coffee cold.

One night we decided to take a dip in the jacuzzi. Turns out the jacuzzi wasn't working properly - it was warm and the bubbles were not working. The very next day we went back to use the pool during the day, and turns out they had to close the pool for about 5-7 days for "maintenance cleaning." I was upset that we did not get a notice prior to the pool closing, that way we could've utilized the pool prior the cleaning. My 6 year old brother was bummed that we could not use the pool - one of the main reasons we came to stay here.

My brother decided to get a in-room 60 minute massage. While massaging him, his masseuse was watching tv - thinking that I didn't notice. It doesn't seem like she was certified.

I think the best thing about this hotel is the location. It's walking distance to Ayala Mall and about 10-15 minutes away from SM Cebu. There is a cafe and buffet (Manuels) downstairs, both of which are excellent.

However, because of the lack of cleanliness in the hotel rooms and the unfriendly staff, I would definitely not come back. 2 years ago this hotel was definitely not the way it is now. I'd probably just come back to eat and that's it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank christina n

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my childs birthday. Surprisingly for the price, the hotel was good. Rioms were clean, service was also good and the buffet breakfast although not fantastic was good as well--ove its at par to its value.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank cebufoodieinheels
Iloilo City
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Its an affordable hotel conveniently located near the Ayala malls (walking distance). The food is nearly excellent. Good tasting and reasonably priced but lacks a bit of variety. The strength of this hotel is its friendly staff staff, very helpful, very friendly and good people skills. I wouldn't mind staying here again. It's way better than the crummy old marriot.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DocTotoy
Colombo
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Cebu Parklane International is centrally located in Cebu city. Excellent service. Very good breakfast is served. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Very good staff indeed. I was staying at Parklane International when I visited Cebu to attend Photo Summit Asia 2013, Sept. 05 ~ 08. A series of Photography seminars was held at the banquet (2nd. floor) of Parklane Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bandu G
Guangzhou
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The room we got on the 5th floor facing a very noisy street, which we survived the first night as we came relatively late home after a few drinks, but still with a feeling of sleeping in the middle of a highway.
2 night we would like to sleep before midnight as we had to get up at 3.30am to catch our plane. The noise from the live band that played outside the nearby Mall overpowered almost the noise of the cars. Good music but not exactly what we'd most feel like listening to this night.
The carpet in the room was disgusting dirty, the bathtub leaked so the floor was flooded when we used it. The entire 5 floor had a really bad smell.
The breakfast was alright and all staff helpful and friendly.
It is possible the hotel has some good rooms with less noise but it will be pure gambling.
Its not a hotel I would recommend and for almost the same price a friend of us stayed at a nearby 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Check the room first and if possible chose a room not facing any street.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank klausinchina

Travelers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

All rooms should be check prior to selling it, imagine if you suddenly got stuck inside coz you cant unlock the door lock. Plus we have to call the front desk twice since the response was so slow. When the Engineering team came they tried to fix it but ended up relocating for another room. IMAGINE IF THERES A FIRE OR EMERGENCY!!! what to you think will happen to the guests, will they not double panic???? Guest safety should be the top priority.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank catchdcool_03
Legazpi
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotel set-up seems to be of the classic 80’s, the lobby, restaurant, frontdesk and rooms. Upon checking-in, one can feel that they were most willing to extend assistance to make one’s stay pleasurable. As part of our anniversary trip, I have requested for a complimentary drink or cake, and the frontdesk lady asked for the time I wanted it in our room. But since we came in late, I found a note on the doorway, asking me to call so they can bring the cake to our room. I was so sleepy to give them a call, but after our breakfast the following day, I got a call asking if they can bring the cake in. That was so nice of the staff, despite of their busy day they found time to follow up guests’ request. Inside our room, they’ve placed more than the basic amenities, very good air-conditioning, I just found the double bed a bit small and wished there were two night tables on both side of the bed. Though the window was quite small, we got a good view of the mountain. The bathroom shower was a problem, water was all over after a bath, the shower head was too big for the space. Also, mildew were on the soap dish and the amenity rack. Just a little refurbishing for the hotel will do, the staff completes the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple