“Pretty Good Hotel”

Cebu Parklane International Hotel
Ranked #14 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Its an affordable hotel conveniently located near the Ayala malls (walking distance). The food is nearly excellent. Good tasting and reasonably priced but lacks a bit of variety. The strength of this hotel is its friendly staff staff, very helpful, very friendly and good people skills. I wouldn't mind staying here again. It's way better than the crummy old marriot.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DocTotoy

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Cebu Parklane International is centrally located in Cebu city. Excellent service. Very good breakfast is served. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Very good staff indeed. I was staying at Parklane International when I visited Cebu to attend Photo Summit Asia 2013, Sept. 05 ~ 08. A series of Photography seminars was held at the banquet (2nd. floor) of Parklane Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bandu G
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The room we got on the 5th floor facing a very noisy street, which we survived the first night as we came relatively late home after a few drinks, but still with a feeling of sleeping in the middle of a highway.
2 night we would like to sleep before midnight as we had to get up at 3.30am to catch our plane. The noise from the live band that played outside the nearby Mall overpowered almost the noise of the cars. Good music but not exactly what we'd most feel like listening to this night.
The carpet in the room was disgusting dirty, the bathtub leaked so the floor was flooded when we used it. The entire 5 floor had a really bad smell.
The breakfast was alright and all staff helpful and friendly.
It is possible the hotel has some good rooms with less noise but it will be pure gambling.
Its not a hotel I would recommend and for almost the same price a friend of us stayed at a nearby 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Check the room first and if possible chose a room not facing any street.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank klausinchina
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

All rooms should be check prior to selling it, imagine if you suddenly got stuck inside coz you cant unlock the door lock. Plus we have to call the front desk twice since the response was so slow. When the Engineering team came they tried to fix it but ended up relocating for another room. IMAGINE IF THERES A FIRE OR EMERGENCY!!! what to you think will happen to the guests, will they not double panic???? Guest safety should be the top priority.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank catchdcool_03
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotel set-up seems to be of the classic 80’s, the lobby, restaurant, frontdesk and rooms. Upon checking-in, one can feel that they were most willing to extend assistance to make one’s stay pleasurable. As part of our anniversary trip, I have requested for a complimentary drink or cake, and the frontdesk lady asked for the time I wanted it in our room. But since we came in late, I found a note on the doorway, asking me to call so they can bring the cake to our room. I was so sleepy to give them a call, but after our breakfast the following day, I got a call asking if they can bring the cake in. That was so nice of the staff, despite of their busy day they found time to follow up guests’ request. Inside our room, they’ve placed more than the basic amenities, very good air-conditioning, I just found the double bed a bit small and wished there were two night tables on both side of the bed. Though the window was quite small, we got a good view of the mountain. The bathroom shower was a problem, water was all over after a bath, the shower head was too big for the space. Also, mildew were on the soap dish and the amenity rack. Just a little refurbishing for the hotel will do, the staff completes the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Location is good, The breakfast is alright, though they told us that only 1 person is free (when i booked in for 2 and its a room rate not PP) Had problems with check in. they told me I suppose to be there the night before which is the time i booked in online (not a good welcome to us) and that took ages just like in check out. Shower Knob is broken, Aircon has masking tape on the side. lamp shades is broken.. they handle my booking details bad from check in to breakfast to check out. Not coming back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CharmCray
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I had a good stay in this hotel . I love the rooms. The food are good. I had a good workout on the gym and to the spa. The staffs are nice. I will definitely come back here. Near Ayala Malls. Its really nice to live here. When I need to buy things the malls are so near. I love the pool but the internet is so slow.

• Stayed: August 2013