Casa Leticia Boutique Hotel
Ranked #32 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We stayed in this hotel Feb.13 to 20th 2011. Upon check-in, desk asked for payment verification. Gave debit card which I intended to use. Couldn't verify using a debit card
because it would bill immediately. Their solution was for us to settle account EVERY MORNING. Eventually appeased them with a credit card which we did not care to use.
THEN, after three days, the desk began to harrass us to settle the bill to that point.
They look you right in the face and suggest that you might skip out without paying, like
a common thief. Chinese owned and run. What did we expect? This may be common practice among the Chinese, but honest people are offended by such policies. Highly recommend this hotel if you want to be humiliated by local employees that couldn't afford one single night in the place!!! Seen the last of us!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank edy143

Reviewed January 29, 2011

I am right now in the hotel writing this review.
I read all of them before I booked the room,one reviewer said that they have promo on the weekends, so I called the hotel to book instead of booking via a site that has great rates.
they have 30% off on weekends(sat/sun) on all rooms so that was a nice deal! I think that that is a nice discount.
I booked the executive room, because it had a king size bed, I need that because we travel with a baby, so its much easyier.
the room is 3200P per night, and on the weekend it is -30%
everybody is very friendly in the hotel, I am a hotel profesional myself and it is nice to see profesional and attending wait staff in the restaurant, something that is lacking in most restaurants in the country( I know because I live in the phils)
the bedding is realy good, I slept all night long !
one reviewer said that their is noice from the peoples park at night accros the street? no way I have room 205 facing the front and there is no noice from the park, which is pretty busy now, I guess the person kept the window open...
I will for sure stay here again, I love places like this.
one one minute from the hotel is a casino, and around the corner is the blue room in the apo view hotel, there you find great nightly live entertainment, great place for a drink and some relaxing songs!
kind regards,
Dion.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dutchman72
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I inquired thru the net whether Casa Leticia has wi fi access in its room and they emailed me that all rooms has internet access so I booked a room through email. However, when I arrived Davao, I found out that I don't have a booking. Good it was not peak season so I was able to get a room. There was no roomboy to bring my luggage to my room it's good my client sent his driver hence, he was the one who assisted me.
The front desk desk staff was kind enough to give me a room with strong internet access, which is one of the main reason why I choose this hotel. Much to my dismay, I can't access the net in my room which according to the staff has a strong net access.
The bathroom is so small that I can't close its doors when using the toilet.
I left my room to have breakfast in the morning and when I went back to my room, the attendants were cleaning it but they carelessly dump the linens in my things (laptop and luggage). Grrrrrrrrrrr.......
However, my stay there is not all negative. The comforter is really comfortable and the linens are very clean. And the security guards are very nice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank traveleriya
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I stayed here twice during a span of about 1 month. The Superior room which I initially booked was rather run down and the bathroom a tad moldy. I immediately called down to reception and asked to move to a deluxe room. Much much better. For a small increase in price the quality of room is much better.

This hotel has a great location and the staff was extremely nice and helpful during both my stays.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Denver_Js
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Casa Leticia is a nice boutique hotel. Good location, a few steps from Apo View Hotel. Everybody, from the guard to the bellboy to the reception staff to the waiters,,, they are all very friendly, courteous and attentive to the guests. Rooms are a bit small. We are 6 in the family and we have to get two superior rooms with extra beds which make the rooms a bit cramped. Rooms are clean, linens are clean, beds and pillows are comfortable. Breakfast is not wow, but is not bad either. We had a very pleasant experience here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Vani10
Reviewed April 9, 2010

This was only my second time in Davao and I stayed at Marco Polo on my first trip. I decided to stay at Casa Leticia because of the positive reviews and lower price, which for me translates to value for money. We were staying in Davao for three nights and I chose to book for an executive suite at 3,200 a night since other room reviews here have mentioned as the rooms being cramp. When I arrived at about 2 pm to check in the front desk staff advised me that my room isn't ready yet. As I had booked three weeks ahead, I asked why and they said it was due to a guest who just checked out and they had to clean the room first. We decided to eat late lunch first at the hotel's Sagay restaurant. After lunch at about 3 pm the room was ready. The size of the room and bathroom was okay. A bit smaller than that of Marco Polo but it was good. The room is very clean, had a 32" LCD TV, a DVD player, and a minibar. The bathroom had a wide counter, bath tub with rain shower, and continuous hot water. We even had free wi-fi in our room. The daily set breakfast is okay but I'm sure it can be improved (the coffee was bad). The only negative thing I noticed is that, as I would come in and out of the hotel in my 3 nights' stay, none of the front desk staff ever greeted in the mornings, afternoons, or evenings. They didn't even say thank you after I paid my bill. I found it a bit strange that the guards, the bellboys, the waiters, and the housekeepers were all polite and would greet us on sight but the front desk personnel, THE FRONT DESK PERSONNEL, who're supposed to be the front liners, never said "hi", "hello", "good morning", good evening". But this is a minor problem that I'm sure management can easily address. Overall, aside from the late check in that happened to us, our stay at Casa Leticia was pleasant and for the price, good in value. I wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kilroywashere74
Reviewed March 2, 2010

had a wonderful 4 nights stay at this hotel..staff are friendly and accomodating. room is clean and well organize. good value for the money...and btw, excellent location!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple