“i will surely not stay in this hotel again”

Casa Leticia Boutique Hotel
Ranked #32 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Quezon City
“i will surely not stay in this hotel again”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I inquired thru the net whether Casa Leticia has wi fi access in its room and they emailed me that all rooms has internet access so I booked a room through email. However, when I arrived Davao, I found out that I don't have a booking. Good it was not peak season so I was able to get a room. There was no roomboy to bring my luggage to my room it's good my client sent his driver hence, he was the one who assisted me.
The front desk desk staff was kind enough to give me a room with strong internet access, which is one of the main reason why I choose this hotel. Much to my dismay, I can't access the net in my room which according to the staff has a strong net access.
The bathroom is so small that I can't close its doors when using the toilet.
I left my room to have breakfast in the morning and when I went back to my room, the attendants were cleaning it but they carelessly dump the linens in my things (laptop and luggage). Grrrrrrrrrrr.......
However, my stay there is not all negative. The comforter is really comfortable and the linens are very clean. And the security guards are very nice.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank traveleriya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I stayed here twice during a span of about 1 month. The Superior room which I initially booked was rather run down and the bathroom a tad moldy. I immediately called down to reception and asked to move to a deluxe room. Much much better. For a small increase in price the quality of room is much better.

This hotel has a great location and the staff was extremely nice and helpful during both my stays.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Denver_Js
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Casa Leticia is a nice boutique hotel. Good location, a few steps from Apo View Hotel. Everybody, from the guard to the bellboy to the reception staff to the waiters,,, they are all very friendly, courteous and attentive to the guests. Rooms are a bit small. We are 6 in the family and we have to get two superior rooms with extra beds which make the rooms a bit cramped. Rooms are clean, linens are clean, beds and pillows are comfortable. Breakfast is not wow, but is not bad either. We had a very pleasant experience here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Vani10
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed April 9, 2010

This was only my second time in Davao and I stayed at Marco Polo on my first trip. I decided to stay at Casa Leticia because of the positive reviews and lower price, which for me translates to value for money. We were staying in Davao for three nights and I chose to book for an executive suite at 3,200 a night since other room reviews here have mentioned as the rooms being cramp. When I arrived at about 2 pm to check in the front desk staff advised me that my room isn't ready yet. As I had booked three weeks ahead, I asked why and they said it was due to a guest who just checked out and they had to clean the room first. We decided to eat late lunch first at the hotel's Sagay restaurant. After lunch at about 3 pm the room was ready. The size of the room and bathroom was okay. A bit smaller than that of Marco Polo but it was good. The room is very clean, had a 32" LCD TV, a DVD player, and a minibar. The bathroom had a wide counter, bath tub with rain shower, and continuous hot water. We even had free wi-fi in our room. The daily set breakfast is okay but I'm sure it can be improved (the coffee was bad). The only negative thing I noticed is that, as I would come in and out of the hotel in my 3 nights' stay, none of the front desk staff ever greeted in the mornings, afternoons, or evenings. They didn't even say thank you after I paid my bill. I found it a bit strange that the guards, the bellboys, the waiters, and the housekeepers were all polite and would greet us on sight but the front desk personnel, THE FRONT DESK PERSONNEL, who're supposed to be the front liners, never said "hi", "hello", "good morning", good evening". But this is a minor problem that I'm sure management can easily address. Overall, aside from the late check in that happened to us, our stay at Casa Leticia was pleasant and for the price, good in value. I wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank kilroywashere74
Colombo
Reviewed March 2, 2010

had a wonderful 4 nights stay at this hotel..staff are friendly and accomodating. room is clean and well organize. good value for the money...and btw, excellent location!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mahandas
Philippines
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We stayed at Casa Leticia last September 2009 with my husband for 4 nights. We were so very happy and delighted during our stay. Though our first 2 nights in Davao was in Crown Regency where we did not like the rooms, the hot and cold shower was not functioning well and our rooms were infront of a motel.. But thank God we were able to transfer in Casa Leticia where every thing is so reachable. The rooms were clean and the staff were all hospitable, the wifi is working well and take note its free. We felt secured and the food was wonderful. Their homemade sardines was the best.. Here, you will matter most.. Surely, we will visit Casa Leticia again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank benuv
San Mateo, Philippines
Reviewed January 30, 2010

We selected the Casa Leticia because of the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor, but I have to say we were somewhat disappointed. Apart from the breakfast which was terrible, there was nothing in particular to complain about – it's just that everything was very average, whereas I was expecting 'a hidden gem' after reading all the good reviews. However, the staff are very friendly and they did help us to arrange a car and driver for a day trip at a very reasonable cost. The location is also quite central and we found a nice Italian restaurant within walking distance that we used on two of the nights that we were there. One thing that did annoy me a little was that we paid 2600 pesos per night for a superior room (which is reasonable value for the middle of Davao) but when we arrived there was a big banner across the front of the hotel advertising a promo rate of 1600 pesos per night for a superior room for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights – the exact three nights that we were there. So if we hadn't pre-booked, we could have saved ourselves 3000 pesos. Okay, I know that's the luck of the draw, but it was a little irritating to know that other guests were only paying 60% of what we were paying. If you can get into this hotel on their weekend promo rate of 1600 pesos, then I would rate the Casa Leticia as excellent value for money – and I'd even stay there again at that price.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple