“Cozy business hotel in the heart of Davao City”

Casa Leticia Boutique Hotel
Ranked #32 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here for a business trip in August 2012. The hotel is conveniently located near the city center and in front of Davao's people park. Cozy was my first impression of the hotel upon entering the lobby. It was clean and the service staff were very accommodating.

I booked a studio suite, which was clean, cozy and well appointed -- it had a small TV, a minibar, and safe. There were some problems with the water heating though, as the water from the showers take quite a long time before they are adequately heated.

Had a restful sleep in their bed. The buffet breakfast offered the standard Filipino fare with coffee and juice.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience and I would stay here again when back in Davao.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank salutjf

Reviewed July 10, 2012

When traveling with a baby, if there's one thing we had to consider the most is the accommodation. Since our son is just a little over 1 year & wouldn't be enjoying facilities like swimming pool & playroom with medium sized rooms that 4-5 star hotels offer, we decided to check in at the Presidential Suite at Casa Leticia. With the bed & room so big, he enjoyed crawling around the carpeted floor & looking at the Arwana in the aquarium above our bed!

The hotel's location is unbeatable. It right in front of a public park, very close to local restaurants & accessible to public transport. What can you ask for? There are still some things for improvement. (1) Breakfast. It is just ok & of smaller serving (2) Bathroom Toiletries which should come for free.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Good location.. staffs are very helpful, food is superb...

Room Tip: standard room is good enough for the couple.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miles101366
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed at 'Casa Leticia Boutique Hotel' after staying for one night in another, very disappointing hotel in Davao. Please see my other review for this.
I booked online through b....com just the night before. Upon check-in, the receptionist had everything printed out only asked me to provide my signature. I have booked and reserved with my credit card but wasn't required to produce any documents which resluted in probably the fastest check-in ever.

The room we stayed in (Superior Double) was clean, had a good minibar, small TV and a noisy mini Aircon which seems to be the standard model in Davao. The hotel is located right in the city center which is really convenient. There was barely any noise from outside, only the occasional door slamming from within the building. The mattresses are a bit soft but nothing to really complain about.

We would definitely stay here again. Good value for money and something you can bring your wife/girlfriend to if you are in Davao for any kind of activity. We were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank durchland
Reviewed November 12, 2011

My ratings for this hotel is a 7.
The queen sized bed and fluffy pillows were my fave! The hotel is clean, bathroom though tiny is pretty much clean too. My room was cozy enough. Service of the staff is very good. Now the sad part -
No WIFI, breakfast wasn't appealing, and the view of the street plus the noise isn't exactly relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank SunsetLover0330
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I definitely would not stay in this hotel again. I'm impressed with my first few experiences with Casa Leticia, but my recent dealings with the reception staff just put me off the hotel. This time, I made a personal choice not to make any reservation prior to my stay, but when I arrived to inquire about the room rates and availability, the front staff was just totally uninterested, unwelcoming and outright rude. Sorry but I got zero tolerance for this behavior especially after a long-haul flight. Staff training issues need to be addressed.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
13  Thank kiwitraveller06_2011
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We stayed in this hotel Feb.13 to 20th 2011. Upon check-in, desk asked for payment verification. Gave debit card which I intended to use. Couldn't verify using a debit card
because it would bill immediately. Their solution was for us to settle account EVERY MORNING. Eventually appeased them with a credit card which we did not care to use.
THEN, after three days, the desk began to harrass us to settle the bill to that point.
They look you right in the face and suggest that you might skip out without paying, like
a common thief. Chinese owned and run. What did we expect? This may be common practice among the Chinese, but honest people are offended by such policies. Highly recommend this hotel if you want to be humiliated by local employees that couldn't afford one single night in the place!!! Seen the last of us!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple