“Full of fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 8 Tours in Davao City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Full of fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We just finished our rafting today and I would love to go again! Thank God my boat didn't capsize though!! They gave good safety drills and information. The guides were hilarious! We couldn't stop laughing. It does get tiring though with all the paddeling. The sights are beyond gorgeous, all green plants everywhere. There are also some "drifting" parts, where you can just swim in the calm waters. The food was okay but one of the boats capsized so the food got wet which meant the guides didn't get to eat... :( the whole experience was thrilling! Wish i can do it again.

Visited June 2013

Manila, Philippines
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Off you go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Well worth the PHP 2,000.00 signed up for. Included a shirt, a CD and to tons of fun. We were skeptic about this at first, yet seeing that the competent staff had given us basic training made us feel secure. It was nice to have a Medic canoe by, giving you that added reassurance. Our boat capsized and we had it all on video! And boy, do those boulders hurt! I would definitely say give it a try, as long as you don't suffer from any heart conditions. A 2-3 hour thrill well worth it... Bring a lot of sunscreen and a rash guard, if you must...

Visited July 2012
manila
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome Extreme Paddling Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am not a sucker for extreme sports, I think the most extreme that I have done so far was have myself (and a friend) strapped inside a giant ball and scream my (our) lungs out as it rolled down the hill a day before my birthday. That ride only lasted for a minute but it was one of the longest minute of my life. Conquering and paddling through the intense river rapids topped that!

The activity, facilitated by Davao Wildwater Adventure river guides, was coupled with a series of briefing, an hour ride to the drop off zone and different degrees of rough waters or rapid intensity which will surely give you a good definition of extreme fun and excitement. Basic tips and pointers of surviving the rapids were taught to every paddlers to equip everyone with the knowledge on rescuing others and keeping oneself safe in case the boat capsizes or you accidentally fall off the boat.

The grueling, heart pumping and extreme adrenaline rush filled paddling adventure on a 13 kilometer stretch of the Davao River was more than a thrill ride but also a chance to bond with nature and appreciate its beauty. The scenic view of the lush forest, the sound of flowing river waters, and amazing beauty of the vanishing falls were a bonus in the activity.

Over all, the activity exceeded my expectations and made my solo trip truly a remarkable one. This is one extreme activity that I will surely sign up for again.

Kudos to the Davao Wildwater Adventure team for a well organized activity; and to Dirk, our extremely funny raft guide that made the entire rafting trip comfortably enjoyable and memorable.

Note: Solo travelers can still sign up for the activity.

Visited February 2013
Makati, Philippines
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Wild experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

After paddling for almost 3 hours, we were soooooooooooooooo drained! But we had a blast! Everyone was tired but said that they had fun... It was a great family bonding for us as well...

Would definitely recommend it. It's super fun and safe too!

We hope to come back here. Hi five!!!

Visited December 2012
Hong Kong, China
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Full Whitewater Package”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

All in all, it seems that Davao Wildwater Adventure has completely solidified their package. For our 2000Php, we received transport to and from the river (about an hour), the whitewater experience itself, a T-shirt, CD with photos and video, and free passes to Zip City and the Cultural Exhibit just outside the Crocodile Park. The guides were professional and attentive, even allowing both my gf and I to go down the rapids in the kayak one of the guides used for taking pictures! Lunch was reasonable (fried chicken with rice) and we even had a few opportunities to drift down milder rapids while outside of the boat.
While the life vests had seen better days, all equipment was well maintained and our safety was looked after. After, pursuant to another Tripadvisor reviewer's suggestion, we grabbed a beer and crocodile steak (and Civet excreted coffee - tastes just the same as regular!) and enjoyed relaxing after a fun and sunny ride down Davao River.

Visited December 2011