“Spartan accommodation beside a motel”

Crown Regency Residences Davao
Ranked #46 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
“Spartan accommodation beside a motel”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I've been to other Crown Regency hotels before but is the worst I've been to, sadly. I was surprised that we turned right at a known motel to go here and then at the end, you'll see the hotel. Staff was helpful but couldn't do anything with poor management. CR was dirty and full of grime.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Eynjel
CrownRegencyHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Regency Residences Davao, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Eynjel,

Thank you for leaving this review on TripAdvisor. It is one of our regrets that our Davao branch did not meet the expectations you so rightly have for a Crown Regency hotel. We would like to hear more about your experience in detail so that we may further improve on the quality of our service. Please do not hesitate to contact us through Facebook message, if you have the time. We would highly appreciate it. Perhaps in the near future, we will find you staying with us once more.

Best regards,
the Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were looking for a place with a kitchen, since we were travelling with our 5-month-old baby. We'd need hot water quite often, and we weren't too mobile to always eat out. We found Crown Regency Davao via Metrodeals.

Check-in went smoothly. First impression of the facilities was decent. Our unit had a kitchen, living room and a bathroom on the ground floor. Upstairs were 2 bedrooms and a shared, connected bathroom.

Beds were okay, although the rooms slightly smelled musty.

Our biggest problem was the kitchen. They couldn't provide us with proper kitchen utensils and cooking ware. It took us several calls to get enough plates and silverware. The pan we got didn't have a cover. It took a whole day before they could provide an electric kettle. The tap water was yellowish in color.

Breakfast buffet was included. We went to eat at around an hour before breakfast closed. The food was already cold.

To be fair, the staff were friendly, and I felt they were trying their best to accommodate us. Too bad that the hotel just wasn't well-supplied.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank necramirez

Travelers are raving about these Davao City hotels

New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The place was perfect for a quick family staycation. We never knew this place existed because it is located right beside a prominent motel. But after a good review by one kababayan, we booked for an overnight stay. The place was huge! 2 bedrooms upstairs and one living room and kitchen. We even cooked our own food! However there were cleanliness issues in the unit but not really a deal breaker. The only negative I can say, is that the pool was dirty. Wish they can clean the pool more often for the babies and children.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jantox
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

+clean rooms
+nice staff
+fair choices on breakfast buffet
+pool & gym available
+family villa cost me 3500/night (ongoing promo)
-location is at the motel area of the city. The place is nice and pretty but I'm surprised that Crown Regency is situated right after the a diff "drive-in" hotel
-w/ designated smoking area outside the lobby entrance (yes, balcony can't be used for smoking due to city ordinance
-spa is for renovation during our stay

Overall, the plus wins over my personal minuses. :-)

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Cheche M
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Sorry to read the previous reviews but my four nights at this property proved to be tremendous. I love it in this country when the staff frequently outnumbers the customers and here in January (high season!) that once again appeared to be the case. I started with Marco Polo (a bit too expensive and a little too exclusive for my simple tastes). Then tried the Park Inn. Same story. All I really need is a good shower, a decent bed to sleep in, a few cable channels, a nice swimming pool, a spacious room and a fridge. All these amenities were satisfactorily met. The fridge was extra (php200/day) but was magnificent--huge! No problem forking over the cash for that. Often there is even a meter taxi available outside in front. If not just a short walk out to the street. If I was with a citizen of P.I. I would have received a discount on what was already a very reasonable rate. Still as an employee with a major airline i was given a discount on my room. The staff here were all exceptional and friendly. But the real topper here was the brewed coffee available throughout the entire day. The only issue lacking here might be the need for cushions on the hardwood pool chairs. I'm a big sunbather and those were a bit rough on the body. But I'm sure the next visit to Davao I will head straight to the Crown Regency. Thanx, folks

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank John S
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I am reluctant to write this review, because the staff was nice and friendly. However, there were some issues: the sheets & blankets were much too small for the bed (which was already small for a tall foreigner like me). So, as soon as we laid down the bottom sheet slipped across the mattress and we ended up with a bare mattress beneath us. The top sheets & blankets were no better, and after wrestling to keep the covers on top of us, we finally agreed to sleep right up against each other so we could keep the blankets over us. The toilet kept malfunctioning: the chain would slip off the flapper and I needed to lift the tank lid and dip my hand down into germ-infested water up to my elbow in order to flush the toilet. When I called Maintenance, all he did was to put the chain back onto the lever. But that did not fix the problem, because the next time we flushed the toilet the same thing would happen. After going through this ordeal for four times, I finally told the maintenance man which tools to bring, and I instructed him in the proper way to fix the problem so the chain would not slip off. But it was a major nuisance and a very unpleasant experience to keep dipping my hand down into a germ-infested toilet tank. When we turned on the lavatory faucet, all we could get was a tiny trickle of water. So, it took a long time to wash or shave and we gave up trying to fill the sink with water because it would take too much time.

Room Tip: Forget the view; one side opened to a wall less than 10 feet away, and the other side opened to a ba...