“Home away from Home”

Crown Regency Residences Davao
Ranked #44 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This was my second trip to this hotel and both stays were just great. The first time was November last year for one week and I just returned from a two week stay that was just great. This hotel is very well suited for every kind of traveler, but I would say it caters very well to friends, families, and couples. The pool area is great for kids and entertaining. We had a family suit which is great a big two bed room and a kitchen, lots of room for everyone. The staff are very accommodating to every need you may have. If you need something for the kitchen or a table for outside by the pool just ask and it is there. The staff really made us feel at home with a VIP type of treatment. My hat goes off to them with special thanks to the general manger Carlos C. and Rodel J. for all their fine efforts for making our stay very enjoyable. Its was really hard to leave after experiencing such a special time there. Thanks to all at the Crown I we will be returning soon.

Room Tip: If you plan to entertain get a family room with parking area and pool side access.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 491MichaelP

Reviewed January 2, 2012

The place is not bad, but should be avoided when its rainy. The deluxe rooms arranged as mezzanines around the beautiful pool are not well equipped to cope with the humid weather. Badly ventilated bathrooms then start smelling quickly and refuse to dry after use...
And the famously loose toilet seats are not a legend!
Late activity in and around the pool at night may be a bother.
Free WIFI working well.
However, the inclusive buffet breakfast is gorgeous and it is really big plus for the Crown.
In conclusion book there if the weather forecast is Hot and sunny.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank raobert
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times now and always found the staff so helpful and obliging. It is spotlessly clean and every morning they have a team of cleaners come round to tidy the grounds. It has a lovely big pool which is always always cleaned daily and i could reccommend this place stongly to anyone who is thinking of visiting Davao.
Steer clear of My Hotel which is a total disaster.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jockmackay
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Me and my hubby went to Davao City last November 14-17, 2011. We were booked at Crown Regency in Davao city. Supposedly check in time is at 12 nn like most of the hotels. Our flight was very early, we arrived in Davao at 6am. We dropped by at the hotel just to leave our luggages behind and we were planning to hang out somewhere. To our surprise the staff gave us a very warm welcome and let us check in early. They helped us settle in our room. Making us very comfortable, a 5 star accommodation it really is. I appreciate the VIP treatment.

The hotel has nice amenities. The guests are free to use the fitness gym, swimming pools and sauna. They also have an in house spa.

Overall, I recommend this hotel because of the exceptional staff they have above anything else this hotel can offer.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pinkheartswestlife
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I've been staying in this hotel whenever I go to Davao. I usually get the suite room which has
two floors and two bedrooms with shared bathroom. Master bedroom has 1 queen size bed, cabinet, quite spacious and has flat TV with cable box. 2nd bedroom has 2 single beds, cabinet and has terrace that overlooks the pool.

Ground floor has sofa, flat TV with cable box, refrigerator, kitchen, a bathroom and gas range.

The room that I recently used has a defective shower faucet and head for both bathrooms. Swimming pool is easily accessible from the room. Buffet breakfast is good. It has fitness gym. WiFi is also accessible inside the room.

Staff are very courteous and nice. Reasonable rates.

Only downside. Taxi is not quite accessible. There are times that you'll have to cue with other guests waiting for a cab. Entrance to the hotel is shared with the motel beside it.

Room Tip: Avail of their weekend package.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tomcat2512
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Coming from Samal island, I booked the family suite quadruple for me and some friends for an overnight stay before taking a flight back to Manila. I can recommend this hotel, even though my stay was too short to judge details. The hotel has a series of suites around the very nice pool. Our suite was two floors: the lower floor living room and kitchen, the upper floor 2 very large bedrooms connected by the bath room. The suite had everything what we would have needed for a much longer stay.
Everything was clean and well maintained. The interior of the rooms was, for international standards, middle class, not the newest and not the highest luxury, but that's all what we needed. For Philippines standards, this is already luxury. The location is quiet to get a good sleep. The only negative to mention is that we put the bath too easily under water as it rinses a bit slow.
The hotel has a spa where you can get a massage. The restaurant has some Elvis-era retro look and the food was good.
There is a white church (Iglesia ni Christo) nearby which is a nice picture motive. The church is not part of the hotel, just a few foot steps away. See my pictures. To go sightseeing to the city center, you need to take a taxi, but this should not be a problem as taxis are inexpensive in Davao.
Hint: During our stay in Davao and Samal, we tried several taxi drivers, and we kept the best one as our personal driver for several days. This was well worth it, since the driver took special care of us and we could trust him completely. In the long run, this is more comfortable than to get a different driver every day.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank gsfromgermany
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I got this 3d2n accommodation and tour package for 2 from Metrodeal. The reservation was pretty easy; I called and gave them the date, voucher numbers and it was confirmed. Took me less than 3 mins. When we arrived, we were welcomed by their bellman who initiated in carrying our luggage all the way to the reception. I wasn't able to get the voucher printed prior to our 4am flight from Manila but these guys were so understanding and helpful in letting me use their office computer so I can get it printed FREE of charge (same experience I had with Crown Regency Cebu). Although we were not able to have it printed due to some errors on their pc, they accepted to just have it e-mailed :) Again, our flight was 4am, we arrived at the hotel at around 6:30am but they allowed us to check-in so early than usual. Great! The sweet receptionist, who smiles all the time, explained to us everything about the tour like call times and inclusions of the package prior to check-in.

LOCATION - i will rate them POOR for the location because I don't feel comfortable staying at a place near motels. In my opinion, maybe they should separate hotel guest from motorist hotel guest.

ROOM 141 - we were given a standard room with 2 queen size beds (i think; check pictures for accuracy :D) 4 + 2 extra pillows with the standard softness, bath towels are not that soft compared to what we used in Crown Regency Cebu. Great WiFi in the rooms :) We didn't have any problem with the Air-condition and the hot & cold showers. But I gotta say, the cleanliness in the bathroom is a bit poor and average. You can see dirt in between the tiles and there is no rag on the bathroom door. Just plain shower, toilet bowl and sink.

I appreciate their wake-up call and I remember on our first day after the tour, they called us at 3pm just to check if we are already in the room. Although the package didn't include the pick-up back to the hotel, it feels good to know they care to check us :)

BREAKFAST - they say it is BUFFET but I didn't see it that way. Maybe they should add more variety on the food that they serve. I remember on our first day, they served: fried fish, pork, garlic and plain rice, bread with butter or jam, hotdogs and omelet. That's all. I was looking for pancakes but they said it is Php140 for 4pcs. I finally decided to pay but they said "Ma'am hindi po available." OMG. fine.

POOL - I enjoyed this :) I like the relaxing effect.

It was a good experience. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple