“Average accommodation with extraordinary staff”

Crown Regency Residences Davao
Ranked #46 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Makati, Philippines
“Average accommodation with extraordinary staff”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I got this 3d2n accommodation and tour package for 2 from Metrodeal. The reservation was pretty easy; I called and gave them the date, voucher numbers and it was confirmed. Took me less than 3 mins. When we arrived, we were welcomed by their bellman who initiated in carrying our luggage all the way to the reception. I wasn't able to get the voucher printed prior to our 4am flight from Manila but these guys were so understanding and helpful in letting me use their office computer so I can get it printed FREE of charge (same experience I had with Crown Regency Cebu). Although we were not able to have it printed due to some errors on their pc, they accepted to just have it e-mailed :) Again, our flight was 4am, we arrived at the hotel at around 6:30am but they allowed us to check-in so early than usual. Great! The sweet receptionist, who smiles all the time, explained to us everything about the tour like call times and inclusions of the package prior to check-in.

LOCATION - i will rate them POOR for the location because I don't feel comfortable staying at a place near motels. In my opinion, maybe they should separate hotel guest from motorist hotel guest.

ROOM 141 - we were given a standard room with 2 queen size beds (i think; check pictures for accuracy :D) 4 + 2 extra pillows with the standard softness, bath towels are not that soft compared to what we used in Crown Regency Cebu. Great WiFi in the rooms :) We didn't have any problem with the Air-condition and the hot & cold showers. But I gotta say, the cleanliness in the bathroom is a bit poor and average. You can see dirt in between the tiles and there is no rag on the bathroom door. Just plain shower, toilet bowl and sink.

I appreciate their wake-up call and I remember on our first day after the tour, they called us at 3pm just to check if we are already in the room. Although the package didn't include the pick-up back to the hotel, it feels good to know they care to check us :)

BREAKFAST - they say it is BUFFET but I didn't see it that way. Maybe they should add more variety on the food that they serve. I remember on our first day, they served: fried fish, pork, garlic and plain rice, bread with butter or jam, hotdogs and omelet. That's all. I was looking for pancakes but they said it is Php140 for 4pcs. I finally decided to pay but they said "Ma'am hindi po available." OMG. fine.

POOL - I enjoyed this :) I like the relaxing effect.

It was a good experience. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunlust

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Westmead, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2011

the Marco Pole Davao Hotel was the most comfortable hotel I have stayed in to date. The manager was the most knowledgeable and friendly gentleman I've met with in any hotel. He always welcomed me by my name with the highest respect just I wasn't just a hotel guest. I appreciated the. Anything I needed or requested was handled immediately. I would recommend this particular hotel to anyone with plans visiting the Philippines.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Justin C
Reviewed August 19, 2011

No bathroom lights, air-conditioning filter fell off, noisy noisy and noisy environment. Boo! If there is a zero, I'll pick that.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank Detcabmd

Travelers are raving about these Davao City hotels

Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Knowing how great Crown Regency Towers and Crown Regency Guadalupe both located in Cebu, I kind of expected the same for Crown Regency Davao. I'm not saying it's a bad place, however, it could have been better or at least matched up with the other Crown Regencies I've been to. We stayed in a family villa and I was a little bit disappointed when I entered it. However, considering that we only paid less than 7,000php (more or less $155) for 7 people, I tried to consider it as good.

Pros:
- Villa is in front of the pool
- Inclusive of breakfast
- Van service has fixed rate and good for bulk number
- Very good customer service and friendly staff
- Sheets and towels are changed everyday upon request

Cons:
- The worst is when you eat in their restaurant, the smell sticks in your clothes, hair and body, therefore, you smell like barbeque after eating. Advice is, shower only after eating.
- A bit far from the city center, though, you could request for cabs through the frontdesk.
- Some villas/rooms do not have a working cable tv.

Overall, it was a fine stay, I guess I simply expected a lot more since it's Crown Regency.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank krimarie20
Quezon City
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We purchased this group voucher online for an AdvenTour c/o Crown Regency Residences in Davao. A few months back, hubby and I stayed at Crown Regency in Cebu so we were expecting sort of the same thing at Davao. On our way to the hotel, hubby and I were surprised with Crown Regency's Davao Residences.
(1) You won't know that the hotel is in that area since you could only see a sign by the road.
(2) You'd be greeted by motels before reaching the hotel's drop off area
(3) The room smelled like damp wood.
(4) Room's power plug is OUTSIDE the room. Anyone could just pull a prank and remove that plug and you'd loose your room's power
(5) KITCHEN MANAGEMENT IS A MESS! It took them an hour to prepare our snack. There's only 1 waiter doing everything while this girl (I'm assuming the manager) was just there wiping the dishes. Paying in credit card in the cafe is a bad idea, since they'd still have to go to the lobby just to swipe the card!
(6) On our second night, power went out (we thought someone pulled a prank on us and pulled out that power plug outside our room - by the way, this happened at around 3 AM!) we just confirmed that it was actually an outage when we heard everyone screaming outside (AGAIN, this was at 3AM!)
(7) worst part, THEIR PHONES ARE NOT WORKING! if you need anything in housekeeping or if you'd want room service, you'd need to contact them using your cellphone!
The only good thing I could say about this hotel is the lobby staff and the bell hops who's very kind enough to help us with our checked in package and were very happy to answer all our questions.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nijen
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Got this hotel as part of a package bought online.

PROS:
-great omelet for breakfast
-quite helpful staff, they let us check-in earlier
-pool
-hallways are quite narrow

CONS:
-far from the city center and located at the back of a motel
-room interiors are not well maintained
-bathrooms also need updating
-staff at the cafe need more lessons on service
-package tour we got was a so so and fine prints were not properly communicated
-only knew about the hassles when we got there

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank yori87
Doha
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I was looking for an affordable hotel where I can stay just for the night and I found on the internet this hotel for a price of 53USD. When I came to the hotel, I had a very bad arrival experience. The staff were unwelcoming and unfriendly. When the bellman took me to my assigned room, it's nice that he explained what's in their hotel and was very surprising that I have to pass by the bar to go through my room. Good that the bar was empty, otherwise people's eyes will be on me as I am pulling my luggage. When I entered the room, the AC has just switched on so the room smells awful and warm inside. Very limited bathroom amenities and bedroom amenities. No slipper, no iron board and iron, and only soap and shampoo available in the bathroom. I wasn't able to sleep well because of the outside noise from the veihicles, people's voices and some other noise that sounds like doing maintenance work during the night. Breakfast in the morning was horrible! That was so far the frustrating hotel stay that I ever had. I think would never try to stay in a low star hotel anymore.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business