“My visitor enjoyed very good food in Davao”

Blue Post Boiling Crabs and Shrimps
Ranked #10 of 507 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: Filipino, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Blue Posts Boiling Crabs and Shrimps is a former Bar converted into a mouthwatering restaurant which offers variety of seafoods and savory filipino dishes. It offers a unique dining experience to the customers. We also assure that we only serve the freshest crabs and shrimps in Davao. We also provides the excellent quality of service that each customers deserved.
Makati, Philippines
“My visitor enjoyed very good food in Davao”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I got a visitor from Malaysia and i don't know where to take her for lunch. I am not also from Davao. Luckily, I got a suggestion from a friend to try the Blue Post Boiling Crabs and Shrimps. I crossed my fingers that my visitor would like the food. I asked her to wake up early and take the 6:30am flight from Manila. The food must be very good.

Almost everybody knows Blue Post Boiling Crabs and Shrimps so going to the restaurant thru taxi is not a problem. It has very good location, just few minutes away from our hotel, Park Inn. He staff were very accommodating. I just informed them that it's our first time and I asked for their recommendations. They have a menu and step by step process of ordering. It's easy. They have choices of seafoods but my colleagues craves for crabs so we had crab (Php1,300 for 2 pcs) cooked in blue post boiling way, we want it mild spicy. We added corn, potatoes and sausages (these are optional). The utensils are all disposable (plastic cups, spoon and fork). Paper plates were not served automatically, it's upon request. Crabs were fresh, gravy/sauce is very good. You can taste the spices has penetrated the corn, potatoes and sausages.

My visitor said, the food is worth the early am trip. I'll recommend this resto to friends as well.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mildred P

Ruswil, Switzerland
“BACK TO THE BASICS OF DINING”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The former Blue Post bar was redesigned into a seafood restaurant that serves delicious shrimps, crabs, fish and mussels. Word of mouth proves it. It has only been open for about 6 months but almost everybody in Davao City knows that this restaurants serves good sea food - and that's the kind of marketing money can't buy.

Aside from the food, it is a unique dining experience since there is no fancy silver ware or even steel ware for that matter. They encourage people to eat with their hands (there is an additional hand washing area provided, aside from those found in the bathroom). Now some people might be squeamish when it comes to touching their food with their hands, but it's all for the fun of the experience, right?

And, when you're done eating, you can even write on the walls as a memorabilia for the restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank MissGlobeTrotter24
Regensburg, Germany
“Crab....!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Had a nice dinner at the old BluePost, which changed last Dec.2013 into a fine dining restaurant.
The food comes served in plastic bag, and you eat with ur fingers while u leave the shells on the paper (throw away) table cloth..... That's a bit odd for Europeans, but the food makes up for it.

We had lobster (1 pound) and a regular portion of prawn: 1500 Pesos for 2 people, incl 1 SML each.

“Fresh Seafoods!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We ordered grilled squid, boiled shrimp, crabs with garlic (chilli) - ALL are great!
Ambiance is cool.
Dislike: Crab soup -- tastes like mushroom soup and there is no single crab meat in it.

Visited April 2014
Cavite City, Philippines
“Boodle fight”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

If you have qualms eating with your hands, then better find another place to eat in. This wouldn't be the place for you but you'd be missing a lot! Another is that if ou are allergic to crustaceans.

The table will be covered by a large wax paper and your food will be served in plastic "take-out" ("take-away") bags or in paper cups. Once these are placed on the table, its everyone for themselves.

Oh, don't forget to order their crabs. For those with allergies, you'd want to take your antihistamines or epinephrine shots.

Visited April 2014