“a real shame for all these unfortunate animals”
Review of Crocodile Park

Crocodile Park
davao city
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“a real shame for all these unfortunate animals”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

we visited this park, which is hardly a park, and were saddened by the conditions there. the crocodile pens are practically dry, but for a little filthy disgusting algae crusted water in them...even the breeding tanks look dirty and poorly maintained. the commercials for this place paint an entirely different picture. the rest of the poor birds and other animals are cramped into tiny wire meshed cages that they can barely move in and get tormented by stupid, uneducated visitors. we especially felt sorry for the tigers there, kept in a caged area better suited for a small dog rather than 2 full sized beautiful animals such as these.
this place is small, dirty and overcrowded with little real attention given to the animals there except to make money. if this place were in a first world country it would be shut down by animal rights groups in about 5 minutes. i also find it offensive and discriminatory that foreigeners are charged double to enter cheap circus attractions such as these. i happen to be a foreigner and also a resident of the philippines, so i escape this discrimination, but it's always amazing to witness this ridiculous standard. also something you would never see in a first world country. stay clear of crocodile park...you won't be missing a thing.

Visited April 2011
5 Thank ztrips11

• Korean first
Victoria, Canada
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 192 helpful votes
“Everything at once! The best attraction in Davao.”
Reviewed December 7, 2010

The Crocodile park compound has everything at once. Before you arrive in the Crocodile Park you can try the Davao Zorb park which is owned by the same franchise. You can also try a water Zorb (great for little kids!) on a pond they have nearer to the park. Water Zorb is free with Zorb purchase.. There is also a butterfly park in the compound as well, although I have not visited that yet! The crocodile park itself is very cool, it also has birds that can sit on your arm, and other animals like ostrich and civets, to name a few! I loved it.. it was entertaining and well maintained. They also had crocodile shows! They have a small restaurant where I heard you can eat crocodile meat, and I believe they even have some kind of garden with dragon fruit trees, but I did not see it yet because I heard it's new.

3 Thank ccduckie
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed September 12, 2009

What can I say about this place, its no Singapore zoo but what they have is good. When we visited it was a Wednesday and we didn't see anyone past the the main entrance, not even staff so it was like we had the park to ourselves! There are a good variety of animals there and you can get right next to them which is something I've never been able to do. Seriously you could touch the Pythons if you were brave enough (not recommended!) Anyway its not a huge place but good for a hour or so. On certain days they put on a show involving the crocs and other animals which we missed but I hear is very good. Outside the park is the riverside walk where you can get a drink or crocodile steak (if you wish?) and is a nice place to finish the day.

Overall I would say if your in Davao, give this place a visit. Its not going to keep you busy the whole day but is certainly good for a couple of hours. Well done to the staff.

2 Thank rustycrankshaft
Manila
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Crocodile Farm”
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Ive been to the crocodile farm twice, sunday afternoons for the 4:30PM show. Its been memorable and a great place to relax.

3 Thank Manoi_Rule
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 345 helpful votes
“It was interesting, a must see:)”
Reviewed January 14, 2006

This park is a really nice place and I did enjoy my visit to the Crocodile Park near Davao. I have visited it in December 2005 when they have been moving the old park to a new location. Anyway, it was fun to see these big crocodiles from so close distance. I expected the park to be bigger though, they have put some other animals as well there, so it looks like a small zoo. The only thing I didn't like is when I saw some small chicken waiting in the cages of the huge snakes to be eaten by the big reptiles.I would recommend you guys to visit it - it's one of the main attractions in Davao!

11 Thank Wolfchild