“perfect for a day trip”
Review of Eden Nature Park

Eden Nature Park
Ranked #2 of 57 things to do in Davao City
Reviewed December 7, 2014

If you are in need to beat the heat and get some fresh air
away from the bustling city, Eden is a good day trip to get away.
We enjoyed a full afternoon of walking around the grounds and
watching the birds on display.
It was a busy day there so it was difficult in a few situations.
If you plan to eat at their restaurant, I would recommend calling
ahead of time to be sure there are no functions on your day of visiting.
When we attempted to go eat at the resto, we were
declined as there was a wedding function. Good thing there was at
least fruit vendors just outside the park gate, otherwise one has no
choice other than to consume low quality food at the other locations
within the park.
Next time I will contact the resto ahead of time to make our day completely
satisfying.

in 15 reviews
"stay overnight"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed December 6, 2014

If you want a breath of fresh air, this is a place to go to. Very green, and for nature lovers and vegetarians.
There are more things to do here... Prepare yourself to be awed.

Date of experience: December 2014
1  Thank Janice L
Reviewed December 5, 2014

Beautiful view, nice cottages with a fairly large area for different activities like fishing, hiking, horseback riding, picnics. Nice place for the whole family.

Date of experience: August 2014
Reviewed November 30, 2014 via mobile

A day of Eden -- true to its name --can beat your stresses away! My family always goes to this awesome 80-hectare resort for a holiday but its magic never wanes. I took friends from different places for a day tour and they were smitten! The organic food was delicious (never miss the pomelo salad!) -- and there were so many healthy but mouth-watering choices. I did not resist yummy lechon (roasted pig). The weather was cool and the ambience was totally a good prep for the coming holidays. I will always love Eden in Davao City!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 29, 2014

The garden is, for me, not so much special. Because and but it called my childhood with all kinds of plants which I have experienced in my childhood but I didn't appreciate them or hadn't aware of theirs importances. Like purslane (olasiman), kulitis, ... Maybe one day, we can buy luxury stuffs anywhere, but those plants aren't easy to find. Just a little bit pity in my heart.

The birds and animals are nice. Include heron and peacock. I saw a peacock was walking around and I said: you even are more beautiful than me. I saw the animals in cages and thought: "It looks like you are in "prison". But I am actually also in a prison. It's just my prison is bigger than yours. Because I can't be with you".

Then I think life is just needed to be like that. Living in nature. Self provide organic products. Peaceful and stress-free.

I ate a pomelo at a fruit vendor outside, just p10 per kilo.

The horseback riding, skyrider, skycycle fulfilled my wishes. With a little nervous, worry, but the feeling was GREAT. The staffs there helped me and other riders take pictures and return the phones by dropping in a bag, so no one need to walk upstair to take the phone.

NOTICE that the horseback riding, skyriding area just operate on 1-4pm in a separate place. So if you don't wish to pay entrance fee (with food), you can go there directly on the afternoon.

Date of experience: November 2014