“Overpriced and doesn't live up to the hype”

Malagos Garden Resort
Ranked #10 of 74 things to do in Davao City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Be one with nature and rediscover Malagos!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Overpriced and doesn't live up to the hype”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We reserved 2 cottages for our group of 15 and the rooms were spacious but that was probably the highlight of the room. Bathroom was really in bad shape. Toilet situation can only be described in one word....DISGUSTING!

Breakfast was ok but nothing to write home about. They will nickle and dime you, so be wary of what you ask for.

We did get to walk around the grounds and the plants and flowers were well maintained. Saw some animals and as others mentioned, they did look a bit malnourished.

There was one good thing we did experience though. The bird feeding was pretty cool. Even fed the duck they had by hand. To top it off, we even hand fed the fish in the man made pond. I will suggest that you clean your hands thoroughly because I did get infected by some bug the following days that required a hospital visit and antibiotics!

Unfortunately we did not get to see the bird show or do anything else there because of our disappointment with the resort.

1 Thank magharmon

• Korean first
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A Beautiful park and active Cacao farm”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Spent 4 nights there as extra time to await the passage of the tropical storm that followed shortly after Monster storm Yolanda/Haiyan.
It is located at about 300m above sealevel and the air in the Gardens are very fresh. As a nature lover and garden enthusiast there is much to study and learn from.
It is a pleasure just to walk among the trees and plants and watch the layouts.
They also have a quite big Cacao farm which is very professionally run and guests can ask for a tour .
Their nursery sells high quality seedling of various Cacao varieties under the Puntespina label . Puntespina is big in flowers as well.

They have a bird garden area but this seemed a bit run down.

The place is also a good starting point for a visit the Philippine Eagle park which is nearby and for further exploration of the Calinan and Baguio area.

Had a room the in the Medenilla complex. Room was average with average value for the money.
The TV wih cable connection was on the common balcony outside the complex.
No Wi-Fi other than in the lobby area which was a bit away from the cottages and complexes and even there it is not particularly good, so a good place to concentrate on natur.
They have a service that pick you up and drive you around the area .
The complementary breakfast and other meals were served at various location depending where you stay ,but was good and so was the service.
Very good ambience and will be back there another time.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank dagol
USA
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“Love it, But AVOID the resturaunt!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

A wonderful place to spend the day. I combined the trip with a visit to the Philippine Eagle Center. Lots of wildlife, flowers and butterflies on display. Well maintained paths. Plenty for kids to do and see. Nice and quiet on the day I was there. After a couple hours it started raining, so we had to cut our trip short.

The place is especially good if you have young kids.

They prohibit bringing in your own food, so I would recommend eating before you arrive. Everything we ordered was WAY overcooked and cold when it got to the table. We were a group of six. Awful food!

They have rooms for rent also, starting at 3,400 PHP, but we did not examine them while we were there.

Will go there again, on a full stomach!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Addicted2Asia
Makati, Philippines
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Enjoy Bird feeding here”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We went to Malagos on a weekday in the last week of August, in the afternoon but we were told at that time that no guide is available. so we just help our selves in the garden. I am expecting to see a lot of orchids here, but its very disappointing bec very few and little orchids were there, however there are still nice plants in the garden although the garden is not very well maintained. This is also a nice venue for garden wedding. There's a small coi pond. The aviary is not that very much interesting to see but guests can still enjoy bird feeding. One staff of Malagos showed up at the Aviary, after a while, she is gone. Ostrich, goat, and some few animals can be seen here as well. We did not check the restaurant as we don't have much time anymore. Nobody informed us about their other facilities or services as if they don't need any business. If you are new in Davao and have limited time, you can skip this, just go to Samal Island and enjoy the beach.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Nancy B
Philippines
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“For the love of Flowers!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I didn't stay in their hotel so I can't make a review about their hotel facilities.I didn't try their restaurant too so I can't comment on it.I went there because a good friend of mine told me it's has a nice garden and animal farm and I was satisfied with the flower garden.The orchids were in bloom and some other flowering plants.They have a nursery and flower shop.You can buy plantlet for a reasonable price.I love the flowers but the animals looks sick,maybe parasite stricken especially the ostrich.The butterfly garden was not good as well.I wasn't impressed at all....As what I've said I went there for the flowers and I was satisfied with it.

Visited October 2012