“One of the best places where to stay in Davao”

Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Baguio City, Baguio, Philippines
“One of the best places where to stay in Davao”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Straight from our flight from Manila, we immediately checked-in, the lighting of the room are only three very bright table lamps, on our second day, we wen't swimming the pool was nice but really deep, it's about 10 feet deep, plus they have really good food, there were no additional charges, the service was good but the view of my room was not good, and they also have sky cable gold with all channels

Room Tip: There is only one presidential suite, if you are rich, and you want to get a good view and room get...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dale K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manila
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Coming straight from our Manila flight, my family and I were able to check in here before 11am which only took 5 minutes. The room was far from the lobby but has a nice view of the pool and the Davao Gulf. We were given a king bed though it felt more like a queen-sized one. Everything else in the room such as the airconditioning, linens, towels and toiletries were all good. Cafe Uno where they serve breakfast has a nice ambiance and the buffet has a good variety.

After a week, we returned here but the service wasn't the same way anymore. We checked in at 4pm and although there was no one else in the frontdesk checking in but me, it took us 15 minutes. The room wasn't so far anymore but the air conditioning was very poor. I had to call the frontdesk to have it checked and after an hour, they sent a technician to fix it. Didn't work so after a few hours we were transferred to another room. It wasn't that bad but still not good enough. We were given a late check out for compensation but when it was time to check out, they had to validate it since no one relayed it to the frontdesk. Took another 15 minutes for check out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank islandhopperrr
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed May 27, 2013

First of all, i waited too long for check in, because the hotel was full and the rooms weren't ready. The hotel is old and really need refurbishing, the bathtub has evident dings, the carpets are grey, he parquet is not shiny anymore and looks overused.

Worst of all is the aircon, for 2 nights the air condicioning in the room didn't work, they promised to fix it but only the second night a technician came, he cleaned the filters but still was not working. They ask me to upgrade but i would have paid the price difference! I said no. The third night was really very hot, after many complaints they send another technician, who found the aircon was really dead (after 3 days) so finally, my last night they changed my room with another same price range. Internet is not always working. The swimming pool also looks a bit old...

The breakfast was good that's why i give 2 stars instead of 1 only.

For the price is really NOT RECOMMENDED.

Room Tip: Ask to try the air con in the room before checking in!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Massimo L
Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at the hotel as it was also the venue for a seminar/workshop I was attending. It's location is quite convenient with respect to the airport but I think it's far from downtown Davao City so not convenient if you have business at City Hall or other offices in the city. My room was good and had a view of the garden. It was better than most hotels in Davao that I stayed in in the past and I know from experience that many hotels in downtown Davao aren't as good and mainly hyped. The food at the seminar was good so I guess that reflects well on what they serve at the hotel's restaurants. The staff were kind and helpful so I guess others' experiences were quite different from mine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Philippines
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have fond memories in this lovely hotel. Lovely because of its gardens, swimming pool, restaurants,and ballroom. Visited Davao to attend the wedding of a relative and stayed in this hotel with my cousin. We booked a standard room with twin bed; we were billeted in the old building. The rest of the buildings are old actually because this hotel used to be known as Davao Insular Hotel way back in the 70's. Our room needs to be refurbished - beds hard and uncomfortable. The toilet and shower needs thorough cleaning.
Breakfast in Cafe Uno - good; entertainment and drinks at Vinta Bar - good.
Value for money - good.
If you are not picky, then stay in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank saint28daisy
FritzieDulla, Administrative Assistant - Executive Office at Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share with us your pleasant experience in Waterfront Insular Hotel. It is certainly a better place to stay with.

Rest assured that we have taken due note of some areas that may require our attention to improve the services of the hotel.

Again, thank you for staying with us and were looking forward to be of service and showcase to you the kind of service excellence, we provide which you must deserve.
Rome, Italy
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here during the MiceCon 2013 and not so happy with it. Food quality is missing and I could say that the head chef is quite arLocation is the only thing that is good for this hotel.rogant. Location is the only thing that is good for this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Riccardo T
FritzieDulla, Administrative Assistant - Executive Office at Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for your comment and feedback. Rest assured that we have taken due note of areas that may require our attention to improve the services of the hotel.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed here last month for a business trip, I found the place relaxing and quiet, rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Location is very nice, nice sea view and picture perfect pool area.

some "miss" items - not so friendly staff, breakfast closes at 10AM so it is not good for sleepy heads like me.

will I stay there again? Sure, if it's for free :)

Room Tip: Choose the sea view room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank little_traveller731
Thank you for taking time to share with us your comments in Trip Advisor, Firstly, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated found the location of the hotel as very ideal.

I have taken due notes of your comments and have coordinated and informed of the concern parties regarding your feedback.

Rest assured that we take all feedback seriously and act on it accordingly.