“Overrated”

Vikings Luxury Buffet
Ranked #4 of 537 Restaurants in Davao City
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Vikings Luxury Buffet is a contemporary and stylish restaurant that overlooks the majestic Manila Bay through its' vast windows. At Vikings, we are redefining the concept of buffet by incorporating show kitchens in our dining area to show our guests how our professionally trained chefs prepare dishes beyond expectations. We have an international buffet spread that is being constantly changed to make our valued guests to have something to look forward to (from freshly picked seafood to prime ribs, freshly made gourmet pizzas to local favorites), truly an epicurean epiphany. Vikings focuses on freshness, high-quality ingredients, comforting-unique choices and providing an impeccable dining experience worth coming back for. Vikings is the perfect place for tourists, special occasions, family gatherings and corporate events. Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

There was so much hype prior to the opening of Vikings Luxury Buffet in Davao. I was excited to try it and compare it to the various buffets that I have been to in the US and Australia. However, I was disappointed with the quality of the food considering that you have to pay a hefty price. Yes there is a huge spread for us to choose from but the taste was not something you would "love to come back and eat often". Some food was not warm enough and some tasted bland.

We also noticed a kid was double dipping in the chocolate fountain. Nobody bothered to check it out until we called the attention of the staff. So unhygienic. After we called their attention, they turn the chocolate fountain off and replaced it. This is the problem with buffets and kids running around taking any food on their own. Of course they no idea how to properly handle food so they don't contaminate it.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Its been 2nd time we went to ate at Vikings.My birthday and my wedding anniv w/ my wife.The reservation process was very easy.The food was very good and their was a lot of options.I love their fried rice specially roasted turkey,thumbs up!The service staff were very helpful.One thing that I like about it is their drinks included.About the dessert..this is the best yogurt I ever taste here in Davao.The only bad thing is the cake that they gave you for your bday or anniv. doesnt taste good.The lasagna needs to improve as well(too salty).Everything else was great.Il be back very soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I made a reservation on Viking's FB page on Sunday morning the 9th of February for lunch the same day. I really didn't think that anyone would possibly reply or even acknowledge the reservation. However, I was pleasently surprised when a Vikings rep actually replied and gave me instructions.

We arrived at approx 12pm and were seated immediatly. That was great! I invited my inlaws to visit us in Davao City from their home in Cagayan De oro specifically to go to Vikings and they really loved the food. Although my wifes father only cares for Filipino food, he enjoyed it and ate plenty! Ha! My wifes mother is more adventurous and she even tried some of my Maguro Sushi!

Our trip to Vikings for lunch was really great but I would recommend going during a weekday if possible since the pries for weekens are approx 200 pesos more for lunch each on the weekends.

Thanks Vikings for the great environment and great food and great service!

1  Thank Jeffrey E
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We recently went to this restaurant (21st. January 2014) on the advice of my brother-in law, other family members and after reading other reviews here, We made our reservation the day before, in person, and after rejecting on area as it was near the drinks station, were shown an area that was ideal. The reception staff were very good, polite and helpful. Our reservation was for 530 pm and we finally all arrived about 6. All 16 of us were amazed at the variety of the foods on offer. You could literally eat around the world. Once one plate was finished the dirty plate was removed and the cutlery was placed on a napkin. The waiting staff were very reluctant to take any plate that looked like it was still being used. The place was about 80 % occupied and the background noise was at times intense although very happy. There were lots of staff, in the region of 100 who all appeared to be doing something, or were waiting to cook to order any foods you wanted, pasta, fish, meat etc.. There was also a separate kiddies area with lots of choice for the youngsters in our group. Wine is available to buy separately but beer is included in the price.
Although the bill arrived after about 90 minutes, not requested by the way, there was no pressure for us to leave.
We went back numerous times to the sweet/fruit area and the shot glasses of deserts was a very good idea.
There is a designated smoking area about 30 meters from the main entrance, should you need it.
Plus points.
LOADS of variety
Well cooked
Attentive and helpful staff at all levels.
Not so good.
Plastic tables
Extremely busy in certain areas with lots of people passing by.
Not recommended for a romantic dinner for 2.
Overall it is highly recommended as an ideal venue if you are in a large group, 8 or more, and have a birthday celebrant, who eats for free.

1  Thank davidjohn1809
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Loved all the food I tasted. A great variety of food. Loved their birtday promo. My son celebrated his birthday at vikings with his sister. I only paid 827.00 because you eat free if its your bday. I paid only for my daughter. Will definitely be back

2  Thank Tolits09