“i felt cheated”

Ranked #43 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Davao City, Philippines
“i felt cheated”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We held our wedding reception here. When we have our ocular inspection for the function room, the reservation officer showed me function room at the ground floor since their function room at the 2nd floor was already booked. I was impressed, it was BIG and spacious. So we closed the deal.

Big day comes. I was so disappointed when I arrived at our reception, they gave us only half of the space of what she showed us....when we ate our dinner, they barely refill the food warmer....when the party was almost done, the waiter already give me the bill.I told him that i will pay it upon check out on the following morning. But he insist.

In fairness the food was OK, the room that they gave us was clean and huge.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank the_traveller28

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is the hotel selected by my company for layovers in Davao. Reactions from my colleagues range from indifference to outright disgust. One fellow who was there a couple of days before me complained that there was no telephone or towels in his room. I mentioned this at check-in and avoided the problem. Towels were delivered about 5 minutes after I got to the room.

There is a continuous droning noise throughout the hotel similar to a twin-engine propeller-driven aircraft. It is louder in some areas than others. I actually didn't mind it much as I am used to sleeping in airplanes. However, I'm sure it would be absolutely irritating to most.

The food at the Champagne Bar was acceptable but service took forever. The French onion soup was tasty but there was no cheese so it was not quite French.

The staff was very friendly but this did not make up for their obvious inexperience. My wakeup call was 40 minutes late and I barely made it to the airport in time.

I wouldn't stay there again if I had a choice. Unfortunately, I have to go back there tomorrow.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 3, 2013

the worst hotel i'm been with, the bed so worst that i'm itching the whole time i'm lying there, every thing about the whole are worst... staff, thing in the hotel very old, faucet are rusty...they asked deposit for the fridge bar but its CLOSE hahahaha...

Room Tip: i will never recommend this hotel to anybody
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kiddo777

Travelers are raving about these Davao City hotels

South San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Hotel is not new but the smiles and the service of the staff are refreshing from the bellboys, housekeeping, electricians, etc. All are friendly and polite. We need clear bright light, not the usual, mellow yellowish hotel light, and it was changed in a jiffy. Service is truly good. The breakfast buffet is also something to commend,with the variety of choices. We had some Wifi connection problem but we were given alternatives and told that they are changing router or the provider.

Room Tip: Reserve early because the hotel is almost always fully- booked. The rooms facing the city proper ha...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Minervs
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Great service! Friendly and helpful staff. Though not in city proper, almost everything in Davao is 20 minutes away. Kudos to Sir Ulysses, the front desk Manager!!! I would not think twice about choosing Grand Regal next time I visit Davso.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Efren7962
manila
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Grand regal is an old property. If you need a basic room to sleep in, this is a good option.

Breakfast buffet is ok, not extensive but you will still have a good range of choices. Make sure your coffee is hot when you get it.

The room is clean and spacious. A/C ok and cooled my room well.

For food, find another place. This will not tickle your culinary palate.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank ManilaPat
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Over weekend it is very busy and the casino is bumming but with the quality and cleaning there is a lot to do.
Breakfast as well the Restaurant is nothing to write home about, even than I stay next time in the Marco polo Hotel.
The selling stores in the Lobby are not to trust I think it is better to go in a real jewellery shop. You ask me way I went there I was invited for a wedding.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends