“Great location, modern amenities”
Review of Seda Abreeza Davao

Seda Abreeza Davao
Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Manila, Philippines
“Great location, modern amenities”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Concluded our vacation with a stay here. A new hotel right beside Abreeza Ayala Mall. The hotel staff were helpful & friendly, check in and out were handled efficiently. Buffet breakfast was nice, just enough food choices. Our room, a standard one, has two single beds. I was surprised at how small the room is, but then, I guess, it just matches the cost. And the view from the room is not so nice. But overall, it was a pleasant stay. This hotel is perfect for business travel.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank SunshineYell0w
Seda Abreeza D, Manager at Seda Abreeza Davao, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear SunshineYell0w,

Thank you for telling us about your experience. We are glad to know that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Club and Premier rooms are now available at very reasonable rates. These rooms offer more amenities and perks. You may avail of special discounted rates by inquiring at our website or calling our reservations office. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Santa Rosa, Philippines
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The best hotel I've ever been! My number 1 on the list. From hotel reservations, to the guards, to the front desk, to room service and restaurant staff; all of them did a great job! It was a nice stay. The food and the room are all eye catchy. The place is accessible. Will surely back here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JeCano
Dear JeCano,

We are truly happy that you have found your stay with us not only comfortable but altogether pleasant. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed in Seda Abreeza for 1 night last October 2013. It was a sudden trip, so I called the hotel the evening before I left. Receptionist was kind enough to recommend that I reserve the room online in order to still avail of a good rate. She also was nice enough to suggest that since I was traveling alone, I take a taxi from the airport to the hotel instead of chartering their airport transfer (it would come out cheaper). I arrived VERY early (around 8 am) and thankfully, they allowed me to check in already. I did not get the chance to sample their buffet breakfast, but it looked okay. Staff was very polite. Rooms were well-furnished and I had a good night's sleep. Location is great---it's just across the Ayala Abreeza mall. I would not recommend it for families looking for a "resort" feel. The pool and lounge area is quite small.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank BlueBrrr
Dear BlueBrr,

It is our greatest pleasure to have served you and made your stay comfortable, convenient and hassle - free. We sincerely look forward to your next visit. You may also make reservations by emailing us or calling our reservations office.
Tweed Heads, Australia
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I had spent a few days in Makati, and needed to get out of the ratrace of Burgos St before flying back to australia. I decided to fly and book 4 nights in Davao, much against some advice.

The Seda Abreeza should be a 5 star hotel. I booked a club room, which is HUGE, got a good rate through Agoda, and haven't stopped smiling since i arrived.
Club rooms have access to the club lounge, which is an added bonus.
The staff are awesome, the room fitout is awesome, it is 50m walk to the major Abreeza mall. Taxis and town cars right at the front door all the time. Pool is great, gym is great. This place is absolutely perfect, and i am generally pretty picky, so take it from me.

Do yourself a favour and check this place out. You will not be disappointed.

Cheers

Room Tip: If you get a club room, they are on the 10th and 11th Floors. It's a nice view from anywhere.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan B
Dear Dan B,

We strive to make our guests stay as comfortable and convenient as possible. We also make sure that you get more than what you paid for, hence our value - for - money proponent. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us tremendously and we sincerely look forward to your next visit. Cheers!
London
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Just completed a very nice stay, found the room to be clean and more than functional, the real star of the show was a super comfy bed.
On my third night I left the card requesting my bed sheets to be changed, my instructions were ignored this was disappointing.
Breakfast was adequate, more geared towards local taste, though western options of eggs and bacon were available, would have been nice to have some sliced bread and the use of a toaster.
Did not use the gym, however, the compact pool was well maintained, although 4 sun loungers is clearly insufficient to satisfy demand,
I used hotel transportation for airport transfers and a city tour, all went without a hitch.
A decent stay, pleasant staff, I will return

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank dromedaan
Dear dromedaan,

Thank you for telling us about your experience. These have all been properly noted and are tips for us to further improve our services. We are currently reviewing and revisiting our service standards and we assure you that on your next visit, you shall see much improvement. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The hotel is right along JP Laurel and is very accessible as it is near the city center. The rooms are very big, very clean. The airconditioning is however, very COLD and even if turned off, the cold from the corridors seep in the room!

They have a restaurant downstairs but don't bother ordering ala carte - the mall has far better offerings at half the price. Their buffet breakfast is very good though, and serves up until 10 am.

It is about 20 minutes from the airport so be prepared to experience traffic along JP Laurel and time your departure about 2 hours ahead of your flight - yes, traffic is almost as bad as Manila in some spots along this road.

Service at the front desk is a bit erratic - sometimes it is very efficient, sometimes not, so I guess this depends on the staff manning it. Be extra conscious of the bags they give you back from their storage - I lost 2 boxes of pasalubong fruits because they failed to give me all my boxes.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jane G
Dear Jane G,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced due to miscommunication with our staff. We are in the process of investigating the incident and shall further fine tune our operational procedures. We sincerely hope you give us a chance to make it up to you again during our next visit. Best regards!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Fast check in, Fast check out. No Hassles .Seda is located just adjacent to Ayala's Abreeza Mall, so access to shopping and restaurants is really simple. They have a comfortable lobby area and nice restaurant area. The rooms are spacious and clean, nice beds, and nice bathrooms. Very easy to get a taxi from this location to anywhere in Davao.The hotel had a small swimming pool and Gym .The breakfast buffet was simple but had a meat selection -- chicken, beef, pork, fish unlike other hotels which serve processed meat mostly - sausage, bacon, ham, meatloaf. Staff extra attentive. They had free computers for guests to use at the lobby. Overall great hotel it is New but will it stand up to the wear and tear. We found a lot of in the room amenity wasn't working in the properly and had to call maintenance for repairs that was a 50/50 chance of the issued being resolve. I will come back if the price stays as reasonable as the current level. Overall great hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msfinest
Dear msfinest,

Thank you for letting us know of your experience.

We have taken note of them and are in the process of improving and upgrading our operational standards. We assure you that on your next stay, you shall see marked improvement.

We sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to show you our brand of service and standards.

Best regards