“Great staff and comfy rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seda Abreeza Davao

Seda Abreeza Davao
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Manila, Philippines
“Great staff and comfy rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed twice in Seda Abreeza, Davao. Both times have been very comfortable. Great service, very helpful staff and facilities are adequate even for busy business travelers. The proximity to the Abreeza mall is also very convenient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jose M
Seda Abreeza D, Manager at Seda Abreeza Davao, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Jose M,

It was our greatest pleasure indeed to have you again as one of our highly esteemed guests. Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to your next stay with us. Warmest regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
2020
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good location beside Ayala Abreeza Mall.
Modern design. Clean and bright.
Simple and Comfortable Rooms.
Built quality a bit cheap, but still better than competition.
Good business hotel for those staying a few days in Davao.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wallyQ
Seda Abreeza D, Manager at Seda Abreeza Davao, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear wallyQ,

It is our sincerest pleasure to delight and satisfy you. Thank you for your kind words and observations of our hotel. We look forward to you next stay with us. Best regards!
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The rooms are spacious, all though refrigerator is so small you can't put any of your personal items in.. There was a problem with electrical wiring of bedside lights because other side can't be turned on without turning on both sides.. Hassle if other occupant wants to sleep & the other still wants to read.. Bathroom floods when you shower cuz glass enclosure wasn't installed properly. Breakfast had few choices.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Antonino20
Dear Antonino20,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your concerns and observations. We sincerely regret the inconvenience that you may have experienced. Rest assured that concrete steps are now being undertaken to prevent repetition of the issues you mentioned. Please give us another chance to be of service to you again. We promise you that you will experience marked improvement. Best regards!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had our class reunion in Davao from August 29 to September 1. Most of the Batchmates stayed at a lager and older hotel. There were two of us that chose Seda Abreeza because of its reputation for quiet and restful accommodations. My son earlier also booked himself at Seda and he was pleased. Upon arrival, I had lunch at my room, as I had some unpacking to do. The rib eye was very good! Done medium rare, it compared to some of the specialty restaurants in Makati! I had a real treat!

The place, like I said was quiet. No traffic noise, no running kids at the corridor, even breakfast was nice and quiet, with a good buffet selection. Not over powering, but neither lacking in selection of food. It was nice. Relaxing. And the staff courteous and efficient!

Check in and check out was a breeze! Pun intended.

Situated right beside Ayala Mall, it was convenient for shopping.

The only complain I have was that the aircon was rad to control. I woke up once sweating as the temperature went up on its own! Aside from this, it was a pleasurable stay.

Will I be back? Yes!

I am a satisfied client.

Room Tip: Select a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Tiny M
Dear Tiny M,

Thank you for your generous praise of our hotel. We are sincerely glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and do look forward to having you again as one of our special guests. Till your next check in... Warmest regards!
Pasig, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Seda is perfect for a business trip or a weekend hotel for the family as it conveniently located beside the Abreeza mall. This is a plus for me as dinning and shopping options in the mall are as good as Manila. The rooms are if adequate size and bed comfort (king) is average. The pillows are soft and comfortable and tea and instant coffee services are offered as well as the daily supply of water and toiletries which they are very generouse in giving. The employees are warm and try their best to please but still need further training. The lap pool and gym are quite good and a plus as some business hotel no longer carry both. Breafast is good but not excellent (orange juice is powdered not fresh) and quality is quite good but not as mind blowing as Sofitel (but this is not a 5-star hotel so it is as expected) everything was going very well and we were very happy until check out time when we were adviced that they cld not issue an OR which me and my collegue needed to have our stay reimbursed. They genuinely tried to explain but I can't for the life of me understand how an Ayala owned company did not forsee and plan to avoid such a problem. What is worste is that whn I asked to see the Manager on duty she refused to come out and the same frontdesk attendant had to reassure me and appologize. Sheez such impertinence and unproffessionalism I cld have been easily IRate but I refused to ruin my day because of her unproffessionalism. I would have expected something more from a floor manager. Because of this all the hard work of the kind frontdesk people ( making sure to give us an early check in and late check out accomodation), the dinning crew ( who wr very attentive), the guards, bellboys, and house keeping (who wr very courtious & efficient) was tainted and forgotten. Ayala management has to train their managers properly and acquint them on how to handle such situations. In the meantime I'm impatiently waiting for my OR so my Ph29thou bill can be reaimbursed before my cards due date. Hayyyy!

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank Mina M
Seda Abreeza D, Manager at Seda Abreeza Davao, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Ms Mina M,

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We wish to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Remedial measures are currently being done to rectify the situation and prevent a repetition of the incident.

We also wish to express our appreciation and gratitude for your other observations of our hotel.

We look forward to having you again as our special guest and we assure you that you will see marked improvement.

Best regards!
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. I loved the minimalist interior and exterior design. Location is good, it's right across Abreeza mall so you have lots of food choices if you don't want to eat at the hotel. The room is clean and had complete amenities. Pillows were soft. It was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank monique730
Seda Abreeza D, Manager at Seda Abreeza Davao, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear monique730,

Thank you for your wonderful and heart - warming post. We sincerely look forward to having you again as one of our guests. Best regards!
Geneva
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Came here for the weekend as I had a meeting and a few errands to run in town. The hotel I normally stay at was full so I was recommended this by a colleague.

So lets first start with the good things and the reasons why this hotel does not get a 1 star rating. Firstly its the location, right across from the mall, made is excellent for my purposes as I did need to buy a few essential supplies.

Secondly the staff cannot be faulted. They are very nice and willing to help when ever they can. I needed a late night errand and the hotel clerk was happy to help out.

So that was the good parts. Everything else has really been a huge disappointment. Firstly, my secretary has called in advance to ask for a room on a high floor. I was put on floor 4 out of 11. I had asked for a big room, I got a tiny room. So my disappointment started already with check-in. The room itself is ok, with lots of places to charge your phone and computer etc. So its ok, but nothing to write home about.

To the facilities. The hotel has only one restaurant (which is ok and you have the mall only a few feet away, but should expect more from a hotel like this) The restaurant itself is like a noisy army canteen and does not really inspire anybody to linger more than to chase down a coffee for breakfast. The breakfast itself is mediocre at best. The orange juice is some artificial cordial and the coffee is weak. The selection a previous reviewer called "quality over quantity", but to be quite honest the quality is quite poor, there is just very little of it.

The to the pool area. The pool area is tiny. I mean really tiny. 4 deck chairs, next to a pool the size of a bathtub. If you want to spend a few hours reading a book by the pool, one need to be there in the early hours of the morning to have a chance to find a spot, which is really not convenient. It actually spoiled my weekend.

The gym is decent and you can with a bit of effort get a decent workout, but it does not weigh up the problem with the pool and restaurant and breakfast etc.

I have one more night to stay here, and I seriously thinking for checking out early and find another place to stay. I will definitively not come back here to stay and I would not recommend any body else either to do so. The hotel is currently ranked no 8 in town, and I think that's about right. Its not a hovel but nothing worth spending money on and there are at least 7 other hotels in town you should pick before this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business