“We'll be back for the Food Challenge”
Review of Outback Grill

Outback Grill
Ranked #31 of 497 Restaurants in Davao City
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A place filled with fun, friends, entertainment, and incredible food! Outback Grill, situated in Bacaca Road Davao City next to Zoofari Kids' Adventure.Outback Grill offers its mouth-watering signature dishes: Chicken & Pork Barbeque, Burger, Ribs, and its Zoolit meals that are super affordable.Outback Grill is not just about great food but a unique dining experience like no other. Enjoy our different entertainments like Singers, Dancers, Comedians, Bands, Magicians, Games, and more surprises! Bring your friends; Come to Outback Grill and feel the thrills of excitement.
Perth, Australia
“We'll be back for the Food Challenge”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My partner and I were visiting from Australia and we passed by this place on the way from the airport to the hotel. It caught our attention and decided to take the fam here for dinner. It was a Saturday and the place was packed. Lucky we came early and managed to get the cabana outside. The kids (my nephews & niece) just love the place and they go there that often they already know what to order for mains and dessert and what entertainment to expect for the night.

Atmosphere/Entertainment- I like it. Great ambience, festive feeling, perfect for locals and tourists. Band plus fire dance. Not bad.

Menu – Good variety. Set menu always come in handy for groups. My partner was even considering the food challenge (I think it was the 5 spicy ribs in 5 mins); but decided against it because the humidity and having only 1 fan in the cabana didn’t work well for him. But he’ll definitely give it a go the next time we come back ☺ ala Man vs Food in the US.

Price – Reasonable. We spent less than $100 for 12 people and took home some food.

Food – presentation was nice, tasty enough, and served quickly (except for the buffalo wings which took a while) but cold; makes one wonder if they were prepared in advance under the assumption that people will order heaps of bbq anyway. I wish they were served hot. They also served the biggest cup-full of rice I’ve ever seen. Can’t believe the others asked for seconds.

Service – the bloke serving us was nice and friendly enough. We obviously do not expect him to be around every second, so we had to find someone from time to time. No biggie.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Nyles M
Outback G, Owner at Outback Grill, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Hi, we really appreciate that you took the time to write such a comprehensive review, as regards your feedback on the chicken wings please be assured that we will look into why they are coming out cold and delayed, maybe because Saturday night is our busiest night and at times during the evening some of our food stations in the kitchen become overwhelmed! anyway we are not trying to offer any excuse but please be assured I will personally be ordering them on Friday & Saturday night during peak times to try to find a solution, so we thank you for bringing it to our attention. we hope too see you again and this time taking one of our food challenges!!! Thanks Again Andrew 09398788883

Cebu City, Philippines
“Paying for the entertainment, not for the food.”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This restaurant is highly entertaining and pleasing to those who wants to enjoy dining at a lively and playful environment.They have an exciting-looking set of menu and combo's BUT it is not too satisfying, to think it is a little pricey. The portions you are getting are not reasonable for the price you paid. It had me thinking that I am almost not paying for the food but for the entertainment. So, I feel it's not balanced.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mia S
Outback G, Owner at Outback Grill, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hi Mia, thank you for your positive comments on the entertainment and atmosphere, but I am very alarmed at your comments on the food and portion sizes, we really spend a lot of time continually monitoring size, taste & prices. Our meals are not cheap but affordable starting at just 99 peso for either chicken or pork belly with unlimited rice, as regards on portion sizes with an example on the whole chickens we use they are 1.2kg in size, compared to a lot of other restaurants using only 900 grams, this is purposely done to keep our portion sizes larger at more affordable prices for our customers, I have read your other reviews and find them very well balanced and fair, I would like to offer you a visit as my guest to review again the food and sizes, I would personally welcome any comments / suggestions that you have. Any reviews especially "Tripadvisor" are very important to us and does effect our overall business, I hope you will take me up on my offer and could I suggest this Friday as we have a new acrobatic show which is another first for Davao, Thanks Andrew 09398788883
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
“Great Food, So-so Location”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

First, let me comment on the staff:

The staff in Outback Grill is one of the most friendliest and efficient I've encountered in Davao. I used to work as a customer service rep so I know great customer service when I see one. They're friendly, they always smile and are more than willing to help out when you ask them.

Second, the food:

Food is great. We always order the same thing, which is the ribs and I love how flavorful it is. Last time though, we ordered "pancit buko" out of curiosity and were surprised upon learning that it's actually buko strips cooked like pancit. It tastes really great - the buko strips taste great with the sauce. We ate it with the ribs and rice, and it's a meal from heaven!

Price is also very affordable. They have these group meals, and what we appreciate is that when the menu says it's good for 4 people (for instance), it really is. Other restaurants try to stretch the food by saying it's good for 4 when it's only just good for 3. The meals also comes with unlimited rice, another thing that we appreciate.

The Location:
The only reason why we don't get to eat here as much is because it's not that accessible. It's located in Bacaca area, surrounded by villages so if you went shopping with your family, for instance, you have to drive before being able to eat here. It would really be great if maybe they can open a branch in the downtown area.

• Visited September 2013
Outback G, Owner at Outback Grill, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
We wish to thank you for taking the time to give us such a positive review, we printed it out and gave a copy to all of our staff, it is really great that customers acknowledge their hard work. We are sorry that the location is not great for you, BUT we are in the process of opening an Outback Grill Express inside Woodridge Park, Maa Road maybe this is more convenient for you?, we should be completed their in around 2 weeks, once again from the staff and me Thank you for your Great Review we really appreciate it Regards Andrew
Davao
“Breath of fresh air”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Been to the outback a few times now - did not know they where listed here or tripadvisor.

One of the very few restaurants thats has a kids menu which makes a world of difference for me (and my son).

The staff make a fuss of him and always welcome him back like royalty haha

The place is just "different" and it makes the whole dining experience something that you remember and look forward to returning.

Food is good and very plentiful - no scrimping on portion size here

The extra entertainment at the weekend is a treat.

• Visited October 2013
Alice Springs, Australia
“Themed Restaurant Falls Short”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I visited this restaurant last night to take my family somewhere special. I have been involved with theatre, theatre restaurants all my life being a professional entertainer myself. On first impression I thought the restaurant looked great with interesting decor and seeing a band stage and dance floor I thought this was going to be a brilliant night - probably expected too much after reading such glowing revues. Basically this is just another restaurant. Food and service is good and the staff are very helpful. The entertainment or lack of is not really suitable - and I respect that it is designed maybe for filipinos. The dancers, if I can call them that, treated the entertainment as a joke and I would expect better from my young five year old dance students. The two piece band were so far away that there was no contact made with the audience and choice of songs were inappropriate if you want to keep an outback theme. (I live in the outback of Australia). With a bit more work, rather than throwing things together, this could be a great place.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Xanerin
Outback G, Owner at Outback Grill, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Firstly we would like to say thank you for your positive comments on the food, service & staff, we are however sorry that your experience on the entertainment did not meet your expectations, the dancers are our own wait and kitchen staff, who we have trained to do a few simple fun and tongue in cheek dancing, it was never targeted towards the "professional" dancing. The stage area is set in the garden area because it is central and services all the customers in the outside cabanas, second upper level, garden and the main dining, if we moved it into the main dining area to giev a more interactive experience that would exclude the other customers in the other areas. We hope that you will visit again and if we could suggest on a Friday & Saturday evening where we have different entertainment including fire dancing, Thanks again for taking the time to give us a review Andrew