“Great place”

Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Philippines
“Great place”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay in the hotel. The staff are not only warm, courteous and friendly but very professional and properly trained. Every inquiry we made were handled efficiently.

The hotel and its rooms did not only look clean, it smells clean as well! The bed/linens/pillows gave us full comfort, hence the soundless sleep.

Will definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Indonesian first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After 29 straight hours of driving, flying and waiting in airport lounges I was in no mood to discover that I had booked into the wrong hotel.
Thankfully this was not the case at the Park Inn. When my colleague and I arrived at the beginning of our business trip we were greeted warmly and checked in efficiently. The twin room on the 6th floor was clean and modern. The room wasn't huge but was plenty big enough, the decor was bright, the beds were comfortable and there was a soft pillow available for those like me who cant sleep on many of the hard pillows found in many hotels.
The bathroom again was a good size, very modern with a great shower with the choice of 2 shower heads. I couldn't find an iron or ironing board in the room but all it took was a quick call to reception and one was delivered very quickly and left in the room for the duration of our stay.
We booked the room via booking.com. The rate was not only very good but it included breakfast which was excellent. There was a good selection and it made me want to come back and eat in the restaurant for dinner which sadly we never did because of commitments away from the hotel.
The Gym had everything you need for a good all round workout. Better than many hotel gyms but like most hotels only a limited selection of dumbbells and no other free weights.
The pool was not huge but again very nice. It was well set out with a children's and adult pool, loungers in ankle deep water and some very funky covered day beds. The pool area was never crowded while I was there but I imagine that loungers could become scarce if the area was to become busy.
The hotel staff were awesome. Great service with a smile and many remembered our names.
Also very convenient is the fact that the hotel is connected to the new SM Mall next door by a covered walkway which is guarded by security as is the front gate. There are plenty of places to eat at the Mall and it was a great place to spend a few air conditioned hours at the end of a long hot day.
There were only a couple of very slight negatives that I could find at this hotel. I found the air con in the room a little noisy only because I like to run it at full speed and as cold as it can go all night. It didn't keep me awake but I did note it as I was dozing off. The next night I simply adjusted the thermostat to where most normal people would set it and the noise was no longer a problem as the fan didn't constantly run at full speed. The other little thing was that the background music in the hallway could be heard in our room as one of the speakers was just outside our door. I know that the staff would have turned it down a little if I had asked but I never got around to it as it wasn't that big a deal - Just thought I'd mention it to bring balance to an otherwise perfect stay.
Would I stay at the Park Inn again - Absolutely. It worked well for a business trip and I would happily bring my family too, although I can't comment on the proximity of the Park Inn to the tourist attractions in Davao as it was not the purpose of our trip.
As per the heading I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting Davao.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 1Tim1
NYC
Reviewed May 28, 2013

First time in Davao and stayed at the new Park Inn by Radisson in Lanang. The hotel is clean and centrally located to all the activities we did like scuba diving, rafting, and shopping. Hotel also has security check points at the lobby and you cannot use the elevators if you do not have a room key to scan for the elevators. Also had complimentary breakfast for 2 with great array of food.

Hotel is across a huge SM mall with tons of restaurants, shops, a supermarket, and airline offices like Cebu Pacific. No need to order food from the hotel. Just get it from the mall and use the private tube that connects to the mall. Also great because you can just go across to the SM supermarket to buy anything you may have forgotten to bring.

Requested a lake checkout with no problems and the staff are very courteous, friendly, and professional. Rooms have safety boxes to store valuables too. Would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

If there's a certain hotel I would recommend Park Inn by Radisson is the one.. The service is so efficient, the staffs are so hospitable, the location is so convenient, excellent buffet breakfast (nice food and fresh), the rooms has a nice ambiance plus a free wifi in the rooms, over all its a perfect stay.. They have all the western comfort they could ever give.. I will definitely come back to this place..

Stayed April 2013
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Finally, a good place to have a good sleep at a good location. I could have ranked this a 5 but that would probably be on my next review as of the moment the hotel is not yet finished with their renovation and at around 7:30 in the morning, hammering was heard everywhere. I complained to the reception upon check out and all he said was "I will inform them"
The hotel is connected to SM Lanang Premier with a bridgeway on the 2nd floor. Perfect location since the mall has food choices and retail shops. The lobby was spacious and checking in was a breeze. In no time, I was already in my room and loved the feel of the hallway. Upon entering the room, you could probably feel the quality of the Radisson hotel consistency. The bed and the sheets were comfortable and the toilet was ample in size with great gray colors to have the feel of a boutique hotel.
In general, the hotel was great except maybe for the loud noises in the morning but I would probably stay once I get back here. Not to mention, WIFI was of great speed too and free.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Xiamen, China
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Conveniently located next to the new SM mall where abundance of shops and restaurant are available,
This hotel is very well equipped, free internet, swimming pool, gym, restaurant.
Break fast was included in my rate and it was quite generous buffet available, good staff and very attentive.
I had to dine here one night, but found the dinner menu does not present a good variety and the service is not as good as during breakfast.
I been rushed my meals, but i guess was due to the fact that there were only other three tables full.
All in all is a good hotel with good location and very attentive staff.
Dine elsewhere, as there are plenty of good restaurants in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Choose the side opposite to SM mall it is much quiet
honolulu
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I got in on the grand opening special so I was staying in a room for only something like 2400 pesos with free breakfast...Rooms are very nice, shower only but nice. Breakfast is big buffett like the Marco Polo and with the sky bridge you walk to SM Lanang..gym is nice so is the small pool on the second floor...its also about 1/2 way to the airport from
downtown which is nice. This is the first hotel to really get into competition with the Marco Polo. If you do not need to be downtown, want to walk to a huge mall via sky bridge and stay just 15 minutes from the airport at a nice place then go here

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Samal island
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo