“Good Hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson Davao
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Nice Hotel. Friendly staffs, helpful to provide your every need. Good food, nice breakfast buffet, especially the crispy bacon. Good air conditioning. Safety box. Clean bathroom, great overhead rain shower. Nice TV. Bar fridge. Nice gym. Clean pool. Good wifi signal. Just a connecting 2nd floor walkway / bridge away to SM Lanang. Fast elevator.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FedericKiat

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Good Things : Great bedroom, Great TV screen, Great Shower, Great Bed. Great Internet sped. Great Breakfast Spread, Nice Food for dinner, Room Services is 24 hours. Becuase its beside to SM Lanang Shopping Center this place can called Centrally Located or Great Location

Needs for Improvement : No Dental Hygine kit (toothbrush/toothpaste). Taxi hard to get.( we waited or atleast 10 mins to get 1). Empty Mini Bar

Room Tip: choose x09-x10 near elevator
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank hasonteh1
Reviewed April 3, 2013

got a great deal for staying 2 nights for their opening promo! swam in their pool and ordered food at the pool bar. got the hawaiian burger and fresh fruit juice for less than 300 pesos! rooms are clean but if you didn't bring your own toothbrush you have to ask housekeeping for it. I like the shower heads and the beds are comfortable. The a/c wasn't working properly. I felt it was a bit warm although my aunt said it was just right. Gym facilities are well lit and you could see the mall while on the treadmill which is just across the gym. As with both Radisson Cebu and Davao, there is a covered bridge way on the 2nd floor that connects the mall to the hotel. Very convenient. Breakfast was ok not that many choices but the fresh fruit selection satisfied me! Although a bit far from the city center, getting to the city is just a cab ride away less than P100. Will stay again for sure!

Room Tip: check if a/c is working properly. cheaper if booked through the hotel directly. agoda and other site...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank badbatz
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and really enjoyed my stay. I was assigned at room 733 which is a standard room with LCD TV, mini bar, electronic safe, in-room tea and coffee maker plus a working station.

I liked the room that I got because it was facing the Samal Island. Rooms on the other side of the building has the SM Lanang Premier view. Anyway, the room is spacious. All amenities were clean and the bed was very comfortable, as well as, their pillows and blanket.

For the bathroom, it has no bathtub but I love the shower (rain shower head!). It is also equipped with all- in - one dispenser by Dove (bodywash and shampoo). Bathrobes and slippers are also provided. But no toothbrush and toothpaste, so you need to request one from housekeeping. Don't worry, the staffs are well trained and friendly.

Also, nothing beats the location, it’s just beside SM Lanang Premier (Mindanao’s 1st premier mall), and SM Convention Center. There’s actually a bridge way between the hotel and mall with a variety of restaurants and shops.!

I would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want a room with the Samal view, you may request rooms with odd numbers. Even numbers have SM...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank pinayads
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've stayed in Park Inn by Radisson Hotel in Davao for 6 days and the experience was very fulfilling. The food was awesome, service was great, staff was wonderful and friendly. Cozy rooms and lovely amenities such as the swimming pool and the gym area, Convenient bridgeway that connects the hotel to the Sm Lanang Premier Mall. Excellent! Magnifico! :) I am definitely staying in Park Inn by Radisson Hotel the next time I go to Davao. It will surely give Marco Polo Davao a run for their money!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RaffyAzadaIV
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed here for the Holy Week break and we availed of their 50% off opening promo- great deal!

Happiness Index: kids with the pool, i was happy with the gym, my brother with the large cable TV in our room, my other brother with the buffet breakfast, and the ladies with the bridgewalk to the mall.

As mentioned by several reviewers, Park Inn Davao just recently opened and some inefficiencies and service breakdowns are still showing. Hope they address these issues soon: although check in was a breeze, check out took longer than necessary. The reception counter was undermanned though additional staff appeared moments later. Still, it took us long to settle our bills and receipts for miscellanous charges were not readily available.

On our second day, clean up crew showed up and tidied the rooms but left the trash cans still full and used coffee mugs and glasses were not cleaned up or returned to their proper places.

I used the gym twice. Nobody there to assist you but it is just fine because all you need are readily available unless you are not familiar with the machines. It is a small gym with respectable mix of equipment. But not hard core. Just enough for an adrenaline rush. On my 2nd visit however, all paper cups were already used up and no staff went in to replenish them.

We asked for an adjoining room upon check in and was told that we will get transferred next day as all rooms were full back then. We never heard anything about our request from anyone since.

Still on service breakdown, our table during breakfast was alteady full of used plates and cups but servers were not quick to bus out.

These are little things but should not be tolerated if the hotel is aiming for excellence. Not a deal breaker- yet- but can potentially become a bigger problem if not addressed well and quick.

Otherwise it was a happy staycation for most of the family members. We would definitely be coming back, and hopefully service will be much better the next time.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Arnold Cesar R
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Right from the well featured standard room with safe, fridge, flat screen, WiFi, the no less than Dove brand for its shampoo and body wash, to its classy illuminated room number and the sink-into-me pillows, I was impressed. I had the most comfortable sleep in both nights I stayed in Park Inn. Right from the time I stepped in the room, I knew right there that the linens could not be less than 300 Thread Count - the pillow cases probably 1000! Not so sure. I swore I was going to ask the reception what kind of pillows they used. Then I forgot all together. It could be the kind of pillow that practically sunk me in, complemented by high TC pillow cases, that gave me the most comfortable sleep.

Park Inn’s RBG (Restaurant Bar and Grill) has this trendy and contemporary feel to it. I love their buffet breakfast! The cold cuts and the platter of cheeses won me over! Sumptuous spread of breakfast variety.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo