“Don't waste your time”
Review of Hotel Uno

Hotel Uno
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The only reason you would stay at this hotel is if you want something cheap and have no personal expectations.
This hotel is based on the major road through the city with traffic flowing all night, so don't expect to get sleep.There was no hot water. The bathroom towel was paper thin and the drain blocked up as soon as the water flowed to it so you were left standing in water even once the shower was turned off. I hate think what was causing the blockage. There was no-where to place toiletries in the bathroom. There was no shower curtain to stop water going all over the place.
The sheets on the bed could have been tissue thin. The air-conditioner was a necessity, but was directly positioned at he head of the bed.
I asked for a hotel close to my office which is the reason this was booked sight unseen by my assistant. The ultimate joke was when I was checking out I asked why the delay, and was told they had to check the room! For what???? There was nothing worth pinching!!!!
And the internet was lcky if you could it to work at all. The 'restuarant' was not even worth eating at. This place should be taken out of any decent hotel listing to preserve credibility!
I checked out other hotels and moved as quickly as i could to another which was truly decent.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you have little money to spend and are not concerned about getting sleep...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank OTJNOB

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The biggest plus points with Hotel Uno in Davao are its great location and its budget friendly rates.

However, there are unfortunately also a lot of negatives. Our first impression about their staff was not very good as I was standing in front of the reception for several minutes before the counter girl even acknowledged my presence. I then had to nudge her into confirming that I had a room already reserved. The then gingerly took my booking.com voucher and checked us in. Not a very promising start. Even later, the reception appeared rather indifferent to my coming and going.

The staff, though otherwise reasonably friendly after this experience, were not very receptive. The wash basin in my room was dysfunctional: it was fully clogged and the water would not go, and the tap had been switched off. I told the reception at least three times, and although they promised to send someone around, no one came to fix it. It was rather inconvenient having to brush your teeth and shave using the bathroom tap and getting your feet and pyjamas all wet. Later, I ordered room service dinner and eventually breakfast the following morning. No one came round to collect the dinner plate etc. but I asked the girl delivering breakfast to take the dinner plate away. The breakfast plate however was uncollected till the time of my check out the following morning. 24 hours the empty plate sat in my room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Ive stayed in this hotel for one night before going to bukidnon. The standard room was basic: standard bed, aircon, small table, TV, closet, bathroom with no hot and cold shower. Hotel personnel was hospitable and nice. Wi-fi is available. Security is generally ok and the proximity in davao establishment is definitely an advantage. Area is walking distance to Aldivinco shpping center and Ateneo de Davao and close to Gaisano mall.
If you are a backpacker on a tight budget, i recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night. Room is basic, clean. Issues: no hot water, staff did not answer the phone (unsure whether problem with phone out no one at desk).
Staff at desk very nice when you are there in person.
A/C not usable because of to much noise.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I arrived and found my rate at booking.com was higher thant he rack rate and I was told too bad. Said I could walk 5 blocks to an internet cafe and tell booking.com. THe room was a supposedly superior single but was a small dark dingy room. THe staff was not helpful and I even asked for the manager and she was not helpful. It is a typical chinese owned hotel with no or little maintenance and I would recommend you find a different place for the price. Location was good for downtown and Jeepneys were easily accessable.

Room Tip: THe single rooms are really small and dark.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank GaryWW_11
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We got a double room. It was good. Enough space to walk around the room, has a small table with chair, has an open cabinet (no doors), room was dimly lit coz it uses small led lightings. Bathroom was clean, toiletries were available. Public transport is very accessible, parking is available at the back of the hotel.

The only problem i encountered is that when you turn on the hot water, it is still cold for several minutes especially during night time. You have to waste a lot of water before the hot water will come out of the shower.

The lcd tv was placed too high almost on the corner of the ceiling. It should have been eye level. Anyway, i can let it pass.

The promo rates were affordable. I look forward to go back to this hotel again if they keep on the promo rates. Otherwise, the regular rates were just a bit off for the room.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John_jmd
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I visited Davao in February for a business trip and stayed at Hotel Uno since a friend recommended it to me. Very affordable and has cozy and clean rooms. It is located in the center of the city which was really convenient for me. It exceeded my expectations, considering it was a budget hotel. The staff were very friendly, nice, and welcoming to their guests. My trip to Davao was great all in all because not only did I had a good time in the city, the hotel I stayed in is excellent and I have nothing negative to say about it :) Definitely a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business