“Affordable rates (on promo)”
Review of Hotel Uno

Hotel Uno
Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We got a double room. It was good. Enough space to walk around the room, has a small table with chair, has an open cabinet (no doors), room was dimly lit coz it uses small led lightings. Bathroom was clean, toiletries were available. Public transport is very accessible, parking is available at the back of the hotel.

The only problem i encountered is that when you turn on the hot water, it is still cold for several minutes especially during night time. You have to waste a lot of water before the hot water will come out of the shower.

The lcd tv was placed too high almost on the corner of the ceiling. It should have been eye level. Anyway, i can let it pass.

The promo rates were affordable. I look forward to go back to this hotel again if they keep on the promo rates. Otherwise, the regular rates were just a bit off for the room.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John_jmd

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I visited Davao in February for a business trip and stayed at Hotel Uno since a friend recommended it to me. Very affordable and has cozy and clean rooms. It is located in the center of the city which was really convenient for me. It exceeded my expectations, considering it was a budget hotel. The staff were very friendly, nice, and welcoming to their guests. My trip to Davao was great all in all because not only did I had a good time in the city, the hotel I stayed in is excellent and I have nothing negative to say about it :) Definitely a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My bf and I visited Davao last March 10-12,2013 and before heading to Samal island, we stayed for one night in this hotel. We booked the Double Superior room for only P850. It's really affordable especially that we're just looking for place to stay for the night after our whole day Davao city tour. The room's great especially for a couple like us. It's cozy and clean. The best about this place was the their very friendly and approachable staffs. I requested them to buy me a cake for that day of our arrival was my bf's birthday. They really surprised my boyfriend with the heart shaped cake which they put on top of the bed. I, myself, was surprised too. :) They only charged me 170 for that delicious and cute cake. Another good thing about this hotel is its proximity to places like banks, church, municipal hall, and shopping malls like Aldevinco where you can buy your pasalubongs. All in all, this hotel is really great and everything is perfect!

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle or at the back are quieter than those in front since the hotel is just along the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mamai20
Reviewed February 27, 2013

New hotel so rooms nice. Wet room style bathrooms as usual in that part of the world. Can't think of anything negative to say. All staff were particularly helpful and nice. Location decent too. Service to the room of water and extra towels (which you pay extra for) was also excellent. Help by security guards in acquiring taxis, like everywhere in Philippines.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hotel looks nice from the outside, decent from the inside, It's a a bit small and noisy, but has clean rooms. Friendly staff, good location close to center and nightlife. Poor restaurant. Good value for money

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Alwin18
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I booked the hotel after reading some reviews at tripadvisor! So I made a reservation via their website! All went well! So on arrival their they were expecting me but.... At first I did not get the price mentioned on their website! I read one review whom had the same problem! So I missed the start let's say! Anyway after having a friendly discussion they finally agreed upon the promotion fare as mentioned on their website!
Anyway, when making reservation just let them mention the roommate to avoid this kind of misunderstanding!
The hotel is very well situated, a 170 peso trip by metered taxi from the airport, very close to people's park, and Marco polo hotel! I took the junior suite, their most expensive room, since I wanted to have a bathtube, the room was much to big for just one person, but anyway, clean and nice room, good quiet aircon!
Nice and friendly staff but not that satisfied about their restaurant! You order breakfast but, where tea is included but bread not...??? And it was not that tasty!
Anyway, over all very nice staff, good rooms and well situated!

• Stayed: February 2013
7  Thank Sammypla
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This place is newish and clean, but has some issues. The hotel requires a small deposit for the key and issues a receipt for said deposit, but then tells you they will keep the deposit if you lose the receipt. Nevermind the actual key! Also the building is old and the windows don't close all the way, which allows the considerable traffic noise from the street into the rooms.
On a positive note, the rooms are very clean and tidy. The staff is friendly as is usual in the Philippines. Free newspapers in the lobby.

Room Tip: Don't lose your key deposit receipt.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo