“My All Time Favorite Place in Davao”

Bon Appetit! La Boutique
Ranked #6 of 522 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: - Authentic, hearty and tasty French cuisine in a cosy and elegant ambience. - Service "a la carte" offering typical French Bistro specialities (Soupe a l'Oignon, Escargots de Bourgogne au beurre persille, Fricassee de Poulet, Confit de Canard Pommes Sarladaises, Cassoulet de Castelnaudary, Noisette d'Agneau a la Creme d'Ail, Entrecote d'Angus Grillee Sauce au Poivre, Steak Tartare d'Angus au couteau, Pomme au Four Creme Anglaise, Tarte aux Pommes, Tarte Fine et Glace Vanille, Pot de creme au Chocolat, Fondant au Chocolat Creme Anglaise...). - Monthly special menu (Appetizer, Pasta, Main Dish, Dessert). - Fine selection of French wines from different appellations (Bordeaux, Bourgogne, Beaujolais, Loire, Cahors, Languedoc...). - Varnished wood and rattan, purple wallpaper decorated with original prints of a French painter engraver (the owner's grandfather). - Jazz music and classic French songs. - French Movie Night sessions (with subtitles in English) every other Tuesday. - Service in the garden at night. - Parking. Closed on Sunday.
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I've lived my entire life in this city, and I've watched it grow and prosper with some pride. I'm especially proud, as a Davoeño that the city is now big enough, and sophisticated enough to have attracted an authentic, French bistro.

I've eaten here so many times that I've probably memorized the extensive menu, but regardless of the number of times I've been, i never tire of the food and wine. The owners, Rosalie and Yves Are, of course part of Ghe attraction: he the charming Frenchman who can describe everything on the menu in a manner that makes you want to order everything. She, the beautiful Filipima chef, trained in France, who is capable of creating so many perfect French dishes that I've lost count of how many I've eaten.

I've reviewed Bon Appétit before, but Tuesday's Staek Pavé, served on a wooden platter as it would be in Paris, was so scrumptious that I had to write again.

Well done mes amis, well done!

2  Thank Travelersdavaocity

Reviewed April 23, 2014

me and my wife always look for good food in Davao until we have tried Bon Appetit. we no longer have other place to go to if we would like to dine but always end up at this french restaurant.. good food at its finest plus cozy ambiance take you to another place you had never been. definitely a must-dine restaurant, go crazy over the menu as everything are a must-try! every penny spent are really worth it..

Reviewed March 29, 2014

La boutique is a real oasis in a fairly barren area for good restaurant choices and a must go if in Davao.
A small cosy restaurant serving French cuisine tucked away in an unlikely little cluster of shops near the center of Davao. Yves will nearly always be there to welcome you as you enter while his wife Roselyn is busy in the kitchen. With a monthly chalk board and an interesting al carte menu of French dishes you seldom see outside the countryside of France, we have always found something to suite our mood.
Service is very good and attentive and the food excellent. Wine list is not large but has fair selection. Thursday is Green mussels day provided Yves is happy with what’s on offer at the fish market in the morning. It is worthwhile to phone and check to avoid disappointment and good idea to book for any visit as there are not too many tables.
Finishing off dinner with a calvados and often a chat with Yves completes a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is about as authentic as you will get for a French bistro in this part of the world, outside of a fancy five-star hotel. My wife and I stumbled upon this small, quaint and unassuming bistro in a quiet arcade at the center of Davao City. We heard of it but did not raise our expectations too high. But lo and behold, the dishes blew us away. First of all, we had the chance to travel to Paris last year and dine at a Michelin-rated bistro in the Arrondissement 6 area which had seafood bisque as one of its star attractions. Coincidentally, Bon Apetit was also serving the same bisque as their specials of the month. It was just as good, if not, even better than what we ate in Paris. It was so good. We also had the leg of duck and the beef stew for our main courses and was also very good.

The food had a very French refined taste to it. You could taste that it was not made with short cuts and that authentic ingredients were used. It is of high quality at a very un-French price. I will recommend this to anyone who wants an outstanding meal without pigging out, albeit at the numerous buffets in the city.

2  Thank tw98
Reviewed March 12, 2014

There aren't a lot of good French restaurants in Davao, that's why I like Bon Appetit. If it were a hotel, I'd say it's like a nice boutique hotel. It's one of our favourite "emergency-places-to-go-to" with it's good location and ambience. The food is good, and i'd say well-priced. I'd recommend their salads, shrimp pasta and that sausage dish which I forgot the name. It's a good meet up place with friends. Lovely, cozy, unpretentious place. I'd recommend this place, but unfortunately not their Coc Au Vin.