“Another great night of dinning”

Bon Appetit! La Boutique
Ranked #6 of 525 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: - Authentic, hearty and tasty French cuisine in a cosy and elegant ambience. - Service "a la carte" offering typical French Bistro specialities (Soupe a l'Oignon, Escargots de Bourgogne au beurre persille, Fricassee de Poulet, Confit de Canard Pommes Sarladaises, Cassoulet de Castelnaudary, Noisette d'Agneau a la Creme d'Ail, Entrecote d'Angus Grillee Sauce au Poivre, Steak Tartare d'Angus au couteau, Pomme au Four Creme Anglaise, Tarte aux Pommes, Tarte Fine et Glace Vanille, Pot de creme au Chocolat, Fondant au Chocolat Creme Anglaise...). - Monthly special menu (Appetizer, Pasta, Main Dish, Dessert). - Fine selection of French wines from different appellations (Bordeaux, Bourgogne, Beaujolais, Loire, Cahors, Languedoc...). - Varnished wood and rattan, purple wallpaper decorated with original prints of a French painter engraver (the owner's grandfather). - Jazz music and classic French songs. - French Movie Night sessions (with subtitles in English) every other Tuesday. - Service in the garden at night. - Parking. Closed on Sunday.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

As always, Yves and Bon Appétit meals, never fails to give us a great dinning experience. Merci Yves!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Being an ex-pat in the Philippines can sometimes be stressful and you never know what kind of food or service you're going to get when you go out.

Not here.

This is my consistent respite from the real world. The Specials menu changes every month and I have not once been disappointed. I don't like onions...but apparently I do when I go here.

The dessert menu is to die for and they have, by far, the best homemade ice cream I've ever tasted.....and I would know, I'm a pastry chef!

The wine list may be small, but it is hand picked by the owner and each selection is intentional and absolutely wonderful.

The best part of this 'dining experience' - because truly that is what it is - is the service.

Yves always welcomes me en Francais with a traditional kiss to each cheek. Every time I walk in I'm pretty sure I'm in France. The space is small, which normally could feel cramped, but here it just feels like family (and you will get to know other patrons if you go enough). Each guest is important to Yves and Rosalie and no question is unimportant. He can suggest a wine for any dish and tell you all about it. He paints a picture of the food that makes me have to try it when I would scan over it on any other menu.

It is truly one of the more exceptional restaurants I have been to the world over and I am over-delighted that it is in Davao.

You would never regret an evening at Bon Appetit!

1  Thank Alyssa B
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I honestly have never tried authentic French food before,nor have i met anybody from France.

That is why i was fortunate to be introduced to the culture through the Bon Appetit! way.

We were lucky that the owner was there to guide us through our French gastronomical journey.Along with the local staff,we were assisted through the tongue twisting menu.

The picture that you see is not for promotional purpose.That is how he presents the menu for the week,with a smile and his famous blackboard

The place is is small,but that is not a bad thing.it ensures that every guest is attended properly.while waiting for the food,the owner visits every table to get to know each guest.

The food takes a while to cook because it is done to perfection.but the waiting time is unnoticed because the staff, the owner, and his daughter are very friendly.

The ingredients came from Eden (paradise?haha,not quite but close to it).it is always fresh and hand picked.

The food is amazing!i am not a foodie but i appreciate the color,texture,and the balance of the flavor.the only regret that i have is that i did not try the wine. He keeps on egging us to try it with the food.Lesson learned,French food should always be with wine.the next time i go there i will try it!

I gauge the type of restaurant by the look on the guests and the salt on the table,haha.

The salt tells you how much respect they give to the food,down to the simplest ingredient.Sea salt vs table salt.you decipher the meaning (they have sea salt by the way.)

The look on the guests tells you how the place is managed.if you see the "you should try it here" look then you know you are on the right place.one guest even talked to us and again,egged us to try the wine!somethine to look forward to on my next visit!

The price is amazing!in manila,you get a pre cooked meal and only one dish for that same price.if you want the same quality,you go to a classy hotel.

Overall the experience is perfect!5/5 without a doubt.a must try if ever you visit Davao.

And dont forget to try the wine!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I tried nearly everything on their menu since I found them in Davao: Cassoulet, crepes, quiches, desserts etc... always with nice French wine. Usually I go for the bi-monthly special menu. Never disappointed and always amazed by the warm welcome from Yves and Rosalie, and their well-trained staff.
Will go back each time I visit Davao.
A french citizen who likes good food.
Enjoy Bon appetit & Davao!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Have just returned to London after a few weeks in Davao (my wifes home town). It was our first trip to Davao in 5 years and there has been a lot of change. It was so nice to have a Bistro experience and eat at Bon Appetit. Great atmosphere where you can relax and enjoy great food. Our thanks to all staff at Bon Appetit for their service and kindness. Hi to Rosalie and Yves the perfect hosts who are passionate about their food and looking after their customers. A great spot. We will be back.