“"The Flavours of France" in Davao”

Bon Appetit! La Boutique
Ranked #6 of 501 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: - Authentic, hearty and tasty French cuisine in a cosy and elegant ambience. - Service "a la carte" offering typical French Bistro specialities (Soupe a l'Oignon, Escargots de Bourgogne au beurre persille, Fricassee de Poulet, Confit de Canard Pommes Sarladaises, Cassoulet de Castelnaudary, Noisette d'Agneau a la Creme d'Ail, Entrecote d'Angus Grillee Sauce au Poivre, Steak Tartare d'Angus au couteau, Pomme au Four Creme Anglaise, Tarte aux Pommes, Tarte Fine et Glace Vanille, Pot de creme au Chocolat, Fondant au Chocolat Creme Anglaise...). - Monthly special menu (Appetizer, Pasta, Main Dish, Dessert). - Fine selection of French wines from different appellations (Bordeaux, Bourgogne, Beaujolais, Loire, Cahors, Languedoc...). - Varnished wood and rattan, purple wallpaper decorated with original prints of a French painter engraver (the owner's grandfather). - Jazz music and classic French songs. - French Movie Night sessions (with subtitles in English) every other Tuesday. - Service in the garden at night. - Parking. Closed on Sunday.
macau
“"The Flavours of France" in Davao”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My hotel "Marco Polo" recomend to have dinner at Bon Appetit!, on June 17th, I did,and I must say it was a great experience.
I had a deliciuos Choucroute,"special of the week",as Yves said,...a bit salty...but Choucroute,must have a bit of salt.
The bread with olive tapenade,the crepes dessert and the attentive service of the staff,the restaurant nice but simple decoration,caused me a very good impression.
I highly remomend, anyone in Davao to visit this cozy place.
It was a pleasure to talk with Yves,...in French...a language I thought I totaly forgot.

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Davao
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My top comfort food and wine”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The first food I tried at Bon Apetit is the Tarte aux Pommes and it immediately blew me away. For me this is the best of all apple pies i've tried. It turns out the recipe comes from the owner's mom back in France and it's nice to know there's some kind of "homey" touch about it. That dessert started my interest to try other choices in their menu. My fave food I highly recommend are:
Escargots de Bourgogne au beurre persillé or Salade Niçoise to start, then Filet de Saumon Grillé Sauce Gingembre with Potato Gratin on the side. That's served with a gingery sauce that greatly complements the fish. And the Potato Gratin!!! My fave side dish. This is a must try.Then of course a visit to Bon Apetit would never be complete without my favorite wine - Domaine Saint-Eugénie - Corbières (either red or pink).

I think this is the best and closest connection someone can get to experience French dining. Best part someone would never have to travel Europe to do this.

1 Thank Caloy_D
Davao City, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect place for a fine dining experience”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The food at Bon Appetit is delicious authentic French cuisine, and the owners Yves and his wife Rosalie's hands-on service at the restaurant makes dining there even better. The place is beautiful, and the ambience is best when eating al fresco at night. The place is quite small, but it adds to the charm of a small boutique. Though a tad expensive for some, it is of course very worth every peso, considering the great food and ambience. Definitely a must try for both Filipinos and foreign tourists.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank mistahLu
Davao City, Philippines
“good food mostly”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food was mostly very good but after wonderful bread to start the second round was just toast. The quiche was so-so. We visited the first location. The tables were too small and too close together and the service was typical Pinoy, the waitress stood over us wanting us to order everything at once even though we asked her to bring wine and an hor d' oeuvre while we read the menu. Nope! she was staying put so she could get it all down at once and bring it out in whatever order it arrived from the kitchen. If that made us feel rushed, too bad for us! it was that Pinoy attitude - if you do not like the way WE do it, don't come back. we asked for the wine several times in both English and Bisaya. Finally some time after the first food arrived, she said "oh you want it (wine) now?" and a young man brought it over. As least the wine was properly chilled and had not started to turn. Over all the indifferent "service" and lack of interest in our wishes overshadowed the mostly good food. Even when Claude is not at his restaurant, his staff would never treat customers this way.

2 Thank SoJazzy
Yves M, Propriétaire at Bon Appetit! La Boutique, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
This comment in the imaginary contents aims obviously only at discrediting us. Indeed, such an experience with our service crew is completely impossible. Our staff was specially formed to assure a "French-style" service, pleasant and permanently tuned to the clientele. Besides, the service of the wine is always made in rules.
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
“Good food”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Overall a very good restaurant. I visited the branch in Gaisano Mall, a bit hidden. I was the only customer even if it was a busy sunday night and the mall was packed of people... Food is good, as I said, I orederd a crepe with mushrooms and ham, excellent and their home made Cassoulet with Duck. Also very good but a little lacking taste.
They offer also their home made french wholeweat bread which is excellent with a very delicate and nice olives tapenade with erbs. A little pricy though, but French food is always pricy. I will definitely come back :)