“Looking for a Taste of Davao?”
Review of Ellen's Tuna Queen

Ellen's Tuna Queen
Ranked #142 of 497 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: Filipino
Davao City, Philippines
“Looking for a Taste of Davao?”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Whenever me and my husband crave for Paksiw na Buntot ng Tuna, Kare-Kare, and Pochero, we'd definitely go to Ellen's Tuna. She's popular of her magical tasteful dishes in the city. The setup of the place is like carinderya but with a nice ambience. Homey, I should say. All my visits to this place doesn't end without the best tasting Halo-halo that Ellen would boast, it's something to die for. Quite interesting how the shaved ice tastes so yummy. Truly delightful!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Marie A
EllensTunaQueen, Manager at Ellen's Tuna Queen, responded to this review, February 25, 2015
Hello BeeoneOnline,

Wow, thank you for the positive review! We are happy that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

We hope to see you next time!

Davao City, Philippines
“Its good to be back everyday!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I wish Ellen's Tuna Queen Restaurant is my home. Its a private residence and portion of the house is being used as a restaurant. The first time I went there was through my colleague who treated us for lunch. From that time on, I always love to be back may it be for lunch or dinner. I love every food they have from tuna to pork. I love to eat there everyday...

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Dysanregidor
Hello Dysanregidor,

Thank you for your positive review! You're always welcome to call ETQ a home. :)

We hope to see you soon!
manila
“Truly satisfying meals that bring back happy childhood memories”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Fine, I didn't really grow up in Davao. My happy childhood memories include bowls of steaming home-cooked sinigang, a more sumptuous version of which is available at Ellen's Tuna Queen. Of course, a must-have is the crispy, tasty lechon kawali and the delectable tuna tail. Comfort food to reward yourself.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank travelogue823
Hello travelogue823,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're glad to impart our dishes with you.

We hope to see you soon. :)
Manila, Philippines
“The Best in Davao”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Last August 3-5, 2012, I had my first taste of Mindanao. Together with my two friends we travelled from Cagayan de Oro, then Bukidnon then Davao. It was a long travel but IT IS ALL WORTH IT. From the scenic view, the cold weather from Bukidnon to Davao and the delicious food. In Cagayan de Oro, cant forget the Missy BonBon, in Bukidnon the Pinutos Sa Kanto and in Davao the Ellen's Tuna Queen. Really can't get over Ellen's, pritong paksiw na buntot ng tuna,
laing, kare kare,inihaw na panga, and the creamy halo-halo for dessert. Worth to mention also is the ambiance (very homey), service and the price. The price is inexpensive. The service crews are very polite. The owner, Tita Ellen is very accomodating. She sat with us and explained the history of the pritong paksiw na buntot ng tuna, how she cooks and preapre the food, to mention a few. It's really a wonderful experience. One who visits Davao should try and visit this restaurant, too. :-)

• Visited August 2012
6 Thank lay13
Hello lay13,

Thank you so much for the wonderful and positive review! :)