All reviews homemade yogurt san pedro cathedral city hall rizal park free continental breakfast mercury drug walking distance museo dabawenyo place to stay downtown area my home away from home pasalubong center guyabano osmena resto papaya fastfood
Reviewed November 9, 2015 via mobile

1. Staff was very nice and responsive
2. Single room is small and the bed was comfortable
3. A/C was cold
4. Continental breakfast consisted of toast, rich yogurt, guyabano jam or papaya-ginger jelly, fresh fruits, coffee and flavored drink similar to tang(egg, meat and rice cost extra)
5. Shower worked well temperature wise but pressure fluctuated when another room flushed their commode. The lack of a shower floor splash guard let water go under the shower curtain and into the bathroom floor.
6. The thick concrete walls and humming of the window a/c unit blocked most noise.
7. Excellent location with its lone entry driveway manned by a security guard. The driveway starts on San Pedro st.
There's plenty of taxis and jeepneys going one way at this point.
There's also a 24 hr drugstore at this point and a jollibee fast food and red ribbon bakery about 30 meters away. Chowking fast food and Dunkin donuts are across the st.
The 24 hr jollibee and mcdonald's are about 400 meters away. All the mentioned establishments have a security guard at the front door.
San Pedro st sidewalk is filled with pedestrians and vendors from 7am to 9pm.
8. I stayed almost 2 weeks and will be staying here again.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2015

The breakfast was disappointing. Decaffeinated coffee is supposed to be standard but they do not have it. Neither do they have fruits (bananas, at least) since Davao is known for its abundance of fruits. The lady manager is not friendly and welcoming. My sleep was interrupted by dog barking in the wee hours of the morning. The room does not offer any view whatsoever.

The bed was firm and good for my back and the bedsheets were clean. The place is just a few metres to shops and very convenient if you use public transport to go around.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2015

Clean, cheap, and efficient. The hotel is near the city center. I can even walk to the mall and restos. Plus the fact that Davao is a safe city. Food is great! What I specially love here is the locally made yogurt and the various jams.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2015 via mobile

Rarely do I stay in inns when I travel, mainly because I'm afraid of dirty, old and untrained staff. In short, this may be referred to as nightmares during your vacations. However, during my visit in Davao, I opted to stay in this inn since we were on a budget. I saw on tripadvisor that there are mostly good reviews about it.

First, the taxi that we had was not familiar of the area. But the location was actually right at the center of the city. As a matter of fact, it's a walking distance from the city hall. That disappointed me at first coz I got worried that we may not be able to sleep soundly because of the city noise. Bit it was actually very quiet since the location was inside a commercial compound, away from the streets. We were greeted by super friendly staff and helpful too. They extended help even if we did not ask for it. As per the room, we took the deluxe room and it was at P1750 only. The room was a bit small for us since having a kid around entails a lot of stuff, so I guess a family room could have been more appropriate. However if you are only a couple, the room is enough. The bathroom is small also but very clean. Shower was shooting everywhere but it's okay. I loved the pillows! One of the best pillows I've had, similar to the ones in the hotels.

They have free continental breakfast (bread and jam, coffee or juice) and yoghurt! Yes, they have their home-made yoghurt and my kid loved it! I did too. I just hope they'll have the flavored ones to be free too. Hehe!

Overall, this is a good value for money. The location is good since the good restaurants are mostly just 5-10-minute away. Will definitely go back.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
5  Thank cmsyambao
Reviewed June 26, 2015

I usually stay at another hotel whenever I am in Davao. However due to a huge educational event all, as in ALL the major hotels were fully booked. Despite efforts from friends, the only hotel I could get a reserved booking was Bahay ni Tuding. It was a pleasant surprise as it provided me the usual free wifi and breakfast amenities.
If your meetings are going to be downtown, they would be walking distance from the inn. As their location is almost across from the Davao city hall. Rooms and beds are much smaller than hotels but once you get passed the size, aircons are new and bathrooms have hot and cold running water.
Don't pass up on their free breakfast, as its just coffee and their home made yoghurt. Which is pretty good. If you need more nourishment, they're right next to a armed Ribbon bake shop and. jollibee burger joint. In spite of their being downtown, the Inn is quiet and a nice cool place to hangout due to a nice big shady tree at the back. Great value for the price.

Room Tip: Go for the room with the large single bed, as their regular beds are just too small for anyone over 5 feet!
  • Stayed: November 2014, traveled on business