“Lacks Food Consistency”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The first time I ate at Marina Tuna was when I first visited Davao last year. After having that dinner, I wanted to get back to this restaurant right away. Now I had the chance of eating here, I was totally disappointed with the food. I arrived at 12 noon in Davao and headed directly to this restaurant with my hungry tummy.
We ordered several foods that we ordered before and could not really find the same taste as before. We ordered the tuna tinola soup, grilled panga ng tuna, eggplant salad, asparagus in garlic & scallops. The food was a bit oily and scallops were exceptionally small.
After having a disappointment tongue, I would probably miss this out it my next visit.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I cannot complain about the food at either restaurant, but I can certainly complain about the staff at the original location. I have been there four times with friends and all four times the staff was rude. It is as if they do not like small groups coming in, especially two people in a party. On one occasion I had to request they give us another waiter or I would call the police and leave without paying. We could settle the differences in court. I believe the taxi drivers get a kick back from the meal because on several occasions the taxi drivers waited outside until we had ordered. A friend ask me to go to the new SM locations and I am glad that I did. The food was great the staff was great! To be honest I do not know if I would ever try the original location again.

2  Thank tom1941
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The best Davao tuna dishes served here; fried, broiled, boiled, grilled whatever. Fresh and clean resto. Nice ambiance too. Highly recommend.

1  Thank TerMac84
Reviewed April 9, 2013

When in Davao, two things you must have are 1. Durian and 2. Tuna. Since the city is close to GenSan, tuna capital of the Philippines, you can have fresh tuna at a cheap price.

We had gone to Marina Tuna 2 consecutive days in a row and both visits, we certainly did not get disappointed. The tuna was very fresh and the staff had offered suggestions on other fish we can have - swordfish was excellent, crispy butot (deep fried tuna tail) was mouthwatering, fish eye soup was great and tuna sashimi extremely fresh.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I can't complain about the food, the tuna is fresh and tasty, also the other dishes taste good. But the ambiance is lousy, need renovation, I also see some rats running under the table, and I really don't like rats! Prices are a little high.