“Main restaurant staff has problems - SM Lanang the staff is friendly”
Review of Marina Tuna

Marina Tuna
Ranked #4 of 507 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Philippines
“Main restaurant staff has problems - SM Lanang the staff is friendly”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I cannot complain about the food at either restaurant, but I can certainly complain about the staff at the original location. I have been there four times with friends and all four times the staff was rude. It is as if they do not like small groups coming in, especially two people in a party. On one occasion I had to request they give us another waiter or I would call the police and leave without paying. We could settle the differences in court. I believe the taxi drivers get a kick back from the meal because on several occasions the taxi drivers waited outside until we had ordered. A friend ask me to go to the new SM locations and I am glad that I did. The food was great the staff was great! To be honest I do not know if I would ever try the original location again.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank tom1941

Davao City, Philippines
“Affordable and delicious”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The best Davao tuna dishes served here; fried, broiled, boiled, grilled whatever. Fresh and clean resto. Nice ambiance too. Highly recommend.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank TerMac84
Manila, Philippines
“Keeps you coming back for more!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

When in Davao, two things you must have are 1. Durian and 2. Tuna. Since the city is close to GenSan, tuna capital of the Philippines, you can have fresh tuna at a cheap price.

We had gone to Marina Tuna 2 consecutive days in a row and both visits, we certainly did not get disappointed. The tuna was very fresh and the staff had offered suggestions on other fish we can have - swordfish was excellent, crispy butot (deep fried tuna tail) was mouthwatering, fish eye soup was great and tuna sashimi extremely fresh.

Visited March 2013
Davao City, Philippines
“Good seafood, ambiance not so nice”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I can't complain about the food, the tuna is fresh and tasty, also the other dishes taste good. But the ambiance is lousy, need renovation, I also see some rats running under the table, and I really don't like rats! Prices are a little high.

Visited December 2012
Manila, Philippines
“Marina Tuna at SM Lanang!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I love Marina Tuna's Imbao shell soup and Durian shake best! I can only wish they have a branch in Manila! :)

Visited March 2013