“Affordable and”

Marina Tuna
Ranked #5 of 494 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: Filipino, Seafood, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cebu City, Philippines
“Affordable and”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I will start this review by saying that in general I am not a big fan of seafood, fish in particular. I don't like fish that tastes too "fishy." That being said I liked everything that was served at Marina Tuna. There was a nice variety of items available, not just tuna. And there are many ways that they do serve tuna. All of the prices are very affordable for the quality of food that is served.

I went in a group while visiting Davao for work, so there was a variety of food ordered and shared around the table. I had the swordfish belly steak, which is boneless. Great taste and it actually came as three smaller steaks. I also tried sizzling tuna, and a local specialty of tuna sisig, both of which were really nice. Everyone who tried the tuna sashimi said it tasted nice, but guessed that it had been stored frozen instead of fresh. The adobo kangkong was very good. I also tried BBQ pork which was actually a nice break in the meal from all of the tuna. We were so full from eating dinner family style that we didn't save any room for dessert.

I would highly recommend Marina Tuna, even for people like me who usually avoid seafood.

• Visited March 2013

pasig
“No need to go to Japan!!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Looking for the best tuna sashimi???

This is the place. You don't need to go to Japan.

After my friend told me that this restaurant serves class A tuna, I have to try it. Before going to the airport, we stopped by this restaurant to try the sashimi and grilled sword fish belly.

All I can say is, it has the best tuna sashimi. It is comparable with the best tuna sashimi in Japan.

If you plan ahead of time, you can order tuna belly sashimi (otoro). Just call the restaurant and reserve the tuna belly ahead of time.

The otoro is a must try dish in this restaurant. Although I was not able to try one because we were not able to order in advance. I shall be back, just to try out the otoro.

Price of the sashimi is reasonable and cheaper compared to Manila.

For the grilled swordfish belly, hands down, it was the best.

• Visited February 2013
Manila, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must try for sushi lovers!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Upon our arrival in davao we had dinner here at marina coz its near our hotel.

We ordered their sushi platter and it was amazing the rice was moist tastes good while the tuna was fresh overall it was perfect dish highly recommended if your into fresh sushi/sashimi :)

“Good seafood selection; exhaust system needs improvement”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The food tastes great and really fresh. The exhaust system has to be improved since you will smell like a grilled tuna when you leave the place

Visited December 2012
Davao, Philippines
“For those who hate Meat...”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

For those who eat meat, this is a Perfect place for you. When we (Along with my Sister and Brother-in-law) went to SM Lanang, we look for a place that's somewhat new for our taste but still on budget. At first I did not want to eat there, for the price might be high. But it's good! I love their Fish, it melts into your mouth while you eat. It's fresh and fiery... I love it!

• Visited November 2012