All reviews people's park big hotel the hotel staff the heart of the city room service taxi ride walking distance business hotel rooms are clean upon check samal island wifi password security mount facade peoples
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

It’s my second stay in this hotel in 20 years. On this second visit, it’s a disappointment. The room is no longer as elegant as before. Bathrooms are not clean. I bet the tiles missed the brush in ages as grimes are very evident all around the toilet. A visit to the pool was even a worse experience after seeing the shower rooms so dirty. You can even write the word D-I-R-T-Y over the once-clean-white tiles.

Service is not a question in fairness. The staff are very helpful and very polite. In fact it exceeded my expectation. Despite the fact that the rooms’ wobbly fixtures need serious makeovers, the overall service has made my stay a worthy one. Though I would still recommend staying in this hotel, the management needs to do something about maintaining hygiene and cleanliness in every toilet in the hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Very good location and friendly staff. Just be clear on your instructions if you want new towels and bedsheets changed everyday.

I am not very happy with the carpeted floors so i opted for marble floor. They are much cleaner.

Buffet breakfast is superb for Filipino taste.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms without carpet floors.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed here with our small business employees for a day at the pool and dinner out. The service both at the pool bar and for the breakfast Buffett (included) was top notch. Highly recommend the Royal Mandaya for anyone looking for a place to stay in Davao.

Negatives: New key card system was not working, so we had to have hotel staff let us in our room every time, but they did let us know beforehand and they were always very quick to get us in to our room. So not a big deal.

Positives: staff was very professional and friendly throughout the hotel, but especially at the pool bar and at the breakfast Buffett. (the breakfast Buffett was included and was very good)

We later paid 50 percent more for a suite at the Apo View Hotel, which gave us a nicer room, but the service was not good at all....Royal Mandaya was much better!

Another positive is it is just a short walk to the FowlPlay Restaurant and Bar, which was a great spot for food and drinks in the evening!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

The week I was in Davao, all good hotels were fully booked due to the nearing Kadayawan Festival in the city. Fortunately this hotel is still available.

But to my dismay, service is bad. At the front desk there was a mishap when my client was issued a room that was already given to me prior to the arrival of my client.

At that time the hotel told us that the room entry system was upgrading and there would be problems with the key cards. So when I got to my room I have to wait for housekeeping to use their master key card so I can get inside the room.

The room looks gloomy. Honestly of all the hotels I've been in Davao, this seems outdated in terms of decors and furniture. I'm not really sure what to say for their improvement.

But overall my stay was a 3/5 rating.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Been here many times already and the old facade of the building is noticeable. The pieces of furniture and equipment are kinda old as well. The room is spacious and clean. Kudos to the employees tho since all are very welcoming and attentive to our needs.

Stayed: January 2018