Apo View Hotel
$53
$47
Agoda.com
Red Knight Gardens(Davao City)
$41
$25
Agoda.com
Alu Hotel(Davao City)(Great Value!)
$26
$23
Agoda.com
Big Apple Hotel(Davao City)
$48
$23
  • Restaurant
Green Windows Dormitel(Davao City)(Great Value!)
$34
$20
Agoda.com
Tinhat Boutique Hotel(Davao City)(Great Value!)
$19
$18
Agoda.com
Humberto's Hotel(Davao City)(Great Value!)
$28
$28
$20
$49
Agoda.com
All reviewssalon spapeople's parkthe breakfast areathe ground floorlunch buffetfree breakfasttoiletries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I spent my last two days in Davao at Apo View and, as they say, 'saved the best to last'.

I'd checked out of my budget hotel, leaving my bags in their storage room, and took a trip to Samal Island for the day, returning to collect my bags and make my way to Apo View. I felt distinctly under-dressed in my shorts and vest top, but was greeted and treated in the same manner afforded to guests arriving in more suitable attire, more fitting for such a grand dame as Apo View.

Apo View is the oldest hotel in Davao, and the 2nd oldest hotel in the whole of the Philippines; it retains its classical style and features, whilst integrating the modern amenities that guests today require.

I was booked in to a Deluxe Twin on the 4th floor, with views over the swimming pool on the 3rd floor. The room decor is that of crisp white linens, lovely pillows and wonderfully thick and fluffy towels (which can be purchased ... along with anything in the room, including the TV remote control), wood laminate floors, and dark wood furniture. The air-con was a dream to work and enabled a comfortable sleep which was not interrupted by being too hot or too cold.

A refrigerator in the room is stocked with a range of soft drinks and water, but the hotel is also just a five minute walk from a local mall, with a supermarket. There are cups and saucers, glasses and a kettle, so you can make yourself a coffee on waking.

There is a cafe, a restaurant, room service and a lovely courtyard garden, with a small area for smokers (if you have a serious addiction to nicotine you are going to find your trip to Davao difficult, as the anti-smoking laws are strict and there are limited smoking areas assigned to malls, hotels etc)

Apo View has class and elegance and was a joy to stay at.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Trudy A
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Apo View -- the pillows were exactly how I like them: big, very white, and fluffy. It's these little things that count. The blankets were a bit scratchy though and the tv reception was staticky. If you plan to spend a lot of time in your room I would recommend a different hotel. However, if you need to work, this is the best place. The wifi was great, the desk spacious, and the lighting was perfect for pulling an all-nighter to tweak a presentation. I was able to finish a lot of work in my room. I also enjoyed the little garden with the waterfalls for my self-imposed mini breaks.

Check-in was a breeze and the front desk staff were very helpful. The hotel only offers in-room massages so when I asked the front desk where I can get a more extensive spa package, they directed me to the salon/spa next door. Fantastic! It was also right beside the Pasalubong Center, People's Park, and Dencia's of Davao. I got to see and do a lot of stuff thanks to the great location.

Room Tip: if you want a view of the pool get third floor rooms with even numbers
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We had a training here in Apo View and although we had a limited budget, they were able to accomodate us. The rooms are clean and carpeted. The housekeeping staff clean it everyday. Rates are quite expensiven for the average Filipino but we were able to negotiate good and affordable rates. The swimming pool
is free for use of guests but it needs to
be cleaned and there should be a lifeguard on duty. Apart from this minor concerns, I am generally happy with my one week stay at Apo View Hotel. It is one of the best hotels in Davao and would definitely recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The good: excellent customer service, nice grounds (small garden with waterfall), and a casino (I'm not a gambler, but my cousin is -- and luckily found the slots were loose). The buffet downstairs was EXCELLENT with matching service. Unlike previous reviews, we did not experience bad wifi. The only (even slightly) negative thing I have to say about this hotel is the decor of the rooms. Kinda retro with the red carpet and two single beds as opposed to two full beds. I would stay at this hotel again when in Davao City.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

One of the oldest hotel in Davao. I have used this hotel many times already. Location is excellent centrally located close to government offices, malls and restuarants. Davao's People's Park is just across the hotel.The complimentary buffet breakfast is awesome. Great hotel amenities. Rooms are just ok. Hotel staffs are helpful. I will recommend this hotel to everyone on business trip to Davao as location is close to private and government offices.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family