“AMAZING! SIMPLY AMAZING!”
Review of Marco Polo Davao

Marco Polo Davao
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed February 16, 2014

From the pick up at the airport to the polite welcome at the front desk, I knew this was going to be a great stay. The lobby is beautiful, the rooms feature state of the art technology, and the hotel is has a great vacation. They told me everything in the minibar was free. I couldn't believe this and had to verify it twice before I started my raid and binge. The concierge was very helpful. Roomservice was quick and efficient, though a bit pricy. The pool and gym were state of the art. No wonder the hotel was sold out my last 2 nights and I had to stay at a different hotel. Amazing. THE VALUE IS UNBEATABLE FOR A SOLID FIVE STAR HOTEL.

Room Tip: I think they all would be excellent. I like higher rooms. One side features a view of the harbor, th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank trainerstone
Write a ReviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed in this hotel many times. And no matter how many hotels the build in Davao our loyalty is in this hotel. Accommodation, food and drinks, cleanliness and hotel stuff are amazing. They know us and our family we always feel that "warm welcome" to us! We truly and heartily had a great every experience of our stay.

Room Tip: 4th and Executive floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Came to Davao for both work and a little sightseeing and was told this was still the better place to stay in spite of newer hotels. The room had a great view of the mountains, was of good size and clean. The towels were especially fluffy which I liked and the queen bed had two kinds of pillows. The tub had a few places which were peeling (the shower was in the tub) but the bathroom was very clean.

Last night we had to order room service because, apparently, local restaurants close earlier than 10pm and we'd gone around the city looking for a place to eat but didn't want to end up in Manila restaurant chains. I ordered a seafood ramen which tasted more like a Chinese noodle soup and my husband had the tonkatsu which was way plentiful. Spent P735 on room service which could have fed 4 people.

Breakfast felt more like lunch as they had a lot of salads and roasted chicken and potatoes! They have a very extensive spread which goes around the cafe. I went to only one part until my husband discovered the other area where they had the yogurts and waffles and mueslis and oatmeal. I had bread and cheese goat cheese every morning which is great since I do not usually see goat cheese at a breakfast spread.

The staff were very helpful and the concierge even offered to do our departure flight check-in.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

You'd be hard pressed to find a much cheaper five star hotel anywhere in the world, but this is Mindanao. Marco Polo is the best hotel in Davao and great value. The rooms are a little small, but who could complain for the money. The breakfast buffet was excellent and as the title of the review suggests, included some terrific Dangit.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed here with my wife for 5 nights in January , we had a room on the 14th floor and the view was of the city and out towards the gulf of Davao , fantastic view from the large windows, room was a fair size with a mini bar and wifi , nice pool with a bar and restaurant , buffet breakfast was very good with a very large choice , same for dinner but we did not try this , an in house Chinese restaurant was good too and you can also take food in the lobby where there is live music most evenings , staff were very good and friendly , we did have a problem at reception with one member who made my wife pay 1000 peso before she renew the room entry card , she claimed we had check out and I was on the golf course at Rancho polos so could not deal with it and my wife had too , good job she had cash on her , this was an oversight from one member of staff but the rest very good , easy transport and banks outside , will stay again and try the gym next time

Room Tip: two choices , mountain view or sea view , don't have a room on the front on the 4th floor , the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hotel is relatively old but comfortable and has sufficient amenities in the room such as hair dryer, coffee pot, TV, mini bar. The bed is comfortable and i had good sleep. The hotel may need renovation soon as everything looks outdated and old but anyway, it is clean.

The service was good, staff was really polite and nice. Breakfast was great, and has lots of tastety selections . There are also few restuarants in the hotel which is good. The gym was good. It has lot of equipment for full body workout. Swimming pool is also good size.

Well, nothing to complain about for a 3 star hotel in Davao city ( maybe used to be four star) but it could probably be the best in the city as there aren't that many hotels there !

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We initially stayed in Marco Polo Davao for 9 nights & then came back for another 4 after a quick trip to Cebu. We were going to try another hotel but MP was nice enough to give us the same rate. For a 4-star hotel, the rate they offered us for a standard room was great. Thanks to Mike ☺ Great location, generally clean, and checking-in and out were quick and straightforward. The front desk personnel were nice, & accommodating; and housekeeping staff was excellent. ☺ Room was spacious, clean and pretty much meets what travellers normally require in a hotel room.

There were a couple of “miscommunication” incidents such as sending us a transformer when we were asking for an adapter, and sending maintenance for a blocked toilet when we reported a leak. Both times we checked in, we had to change rooms the next day. First due to that leak and the second was due to poor air conditioning. In saying that, Marco Polo is obviously not a new hotel and could use a bit of “updating”. However, the staff attended to our concerns immediately and professionally.

I signed up for the MP Privilege Club, and wanted to see if I could enjoy my membership even just for my short stay in the Philippines. I sure did and a lot of the vouchers and discounts were transferrable too. Not bad.

We’re definitely coming back to Marco – if we get another good deal and the hospitality and friendliness of the staff stay the same ☺

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple