“The best business/luxury hotel in Davao”
Review of Marco Polo Davao

Marco Polo Davao
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Manila, Philippines
“The best business/luxury hotel in Davao”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Marco Polo. I also appreciated that they offered me a GHA membership for free which entitled me to free wifi for the rest of my stay. The bed linens were great and the pillows were super fluffy. I liked how the a/c was cold and easy to use. No awkward fiddling with a battery-less remote here!

The food was fantastic -- they put a special twist on old favorites. The bartenders at the poolside lounge were such darlings. I was having a pretty crappy day and just to make myself feel better, I asked to be served an amaretto sour in time to this song I requested: AWOLNATION's "Sail." They did it! They managed to pull it off! It really put a smile on my face. This place is a perfect example of a luxurious hotel without the least amount of stuffiness or pretentiousness.

The Lazuli spa was my favorite experience there. I had a scrub and a pedicure... it was heavenly. In fact, my spa experience was so fantastic I still find myself thinking about going back to Davao just to relax out there.

I also appreciated the fact that the manager called me up the day I returned to Manila to ask about my stay. I told her I had a wonderful time and would definitely go back next time I'm in Davao.

Room Tip: don't pick rooms from the same floor where the spa/gym/lounge is.. it gets too crowded along the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Patty M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a fantastic stay here on our long holidays. The property is stunning and the service is beyond 5 star. Their attention to detail is truly impressive without being pretentious or uncomfortable. Overall this is one of the best hotel I have ever stayed in and it was a fantastic experience. If you are thinking of staying here, you should.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yakovodka
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Have just spent approx 3 weeks in Marco Polo having first stayed at the hotel in 2003. It is our first choice when in Davao and 5 years since our last visit as we are based in London. During that time the restaurant has been refurbished and the rooms are in the process of being refurbished/upgraded. The Marco Polo is the elder statesman of hotels in Davao. Very relaxed atmosphere. Staff are exceptionally friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Great pool out the back. Best located hotel in town. Thank you again for another fantastic stay. If you are in Davao for the first time stay here. Perfect for families,leisure or business.

Room Tip: All rooms good - rooms to front have a view over city and Gulf - rooms to back have a view over city...
2 Thank Bill L
London England
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Marco Polo Hotel in Davao City centre is an excellent hotel. It is clean and well run with comfortable rooms and various resturants within the hotel providing a variety of choice for whatever the guest would like to eat. The staff are friendly and professional, there is a really good swimming pool, and although the hotel is not inexpensive, I think it provides very good value for money. The only down side is that it is situated in the city centre, a long way from the beaches or other tourist attractions. The Marco Polo Davao is very comfortable, and is highly recommended, particularly for people with business in Davao City.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrVjWalden
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Firstly, I must say a huge THANK YOU Marco Polo! It is the best stay ever!
My family was enjoying the whole stay of 10 days, Staff are the Number ONE asset of Marco Polo, so helpful, friendly and prompt! Being given for one night stay right on the spot, after checking out suddenly from another 11 days fully pre-paid non-refundable online booking hotel., was a pure bliss to have a room initially and then given to us the rest of our stay! Thank you so much!
Shall see you all again next year! xx

1 Thank cristina M
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I booked in this hotel for 3 nights and the room was good, nice breakfast.and hotel amenities. this is my first time to visit Davao and it was a nice city. hope i can visit this place again. Good people, very warm and helpful.

Room Tip: must try durian
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sollamentemorne
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Booked room for 2 nights with my family. Had enjoyed the facilities. Good food indeed, breakfast is excellent. Though bit disappointing as there was no amenities provided for a kid. Not so bad for a value of money...

Room Tip: Higher floor gives the good view of the gulf area and mountain ranges