“Best and classiest hotel in Davao” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marco Polo Davao

Marco Polo Davao
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Davao
“Best and classiest hotel in Davao”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Personally I consider Marco Polo the classiest hotel in Davao, it is relatively new compared to other hotels of the same classification, rooms are well appointed. Besides having a pool and a gym, it also has a wonderful spa. It's is centrally located in the city, and right across aldevinco for souvenir shopping. Their buffet breakfast is one of the better ones in Davao. my personal choice for accommodations are the cabana room, my kids love that it has a direct access to the pool.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

this is the first time I've been to Davao and the hotel has been highly recommended by a dear friend of mine. me along with my sisters stayed there for 4 nights and I should say it was the right decision...the staff, the service and the ambiance is to perfection. Staff were all polite and helpful, they serve a wide variety of yummy foods for the buffet breakfast. the hotel is well maintained and clean and it stands tall at the heart of the city and very near to the fruit stands & shopping bazaar for the souvenirs so when visitors get bored they could just have a walk and just enjoy the city. our room was spacious and we enjoyed the pool a lot. The price is worth for its service and facilities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ilyn_03
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is the best hotel I have stayed at in Davao City. The location is excellent and directly across the road is Alde Vinco the souvineer shops. The staff were exceptional. I arrived 3 hours early for checkin and the room was avaliable so I could go straight into it. The business centre changed some flights for me and nothing was too much trouble. I had to check my emails in regards to some flights for my brother and they never charged me for internet as I was only on quickly.
The food was DELICIOUS. I ate at the pool restaurant and the Lotus and also had coffee and cake in the Lobby. Everything was delicious and prices were great for the standard of the hotel.
The breakfast was amazing and the choices were unreal. I even tried some traditional Philippines foods and the staff were only too helpful to explain what they were and how they were cooked.
Security is exceptional and will defintely be heading back soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Erinzd
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I spent four weeks in Marco Polo running a training event there, no issues, no complains, the service has been impeccable, the staff always pleasant and prompt to serve.
For the off work, the fitness center is well equipped, the pool nice and long enough for a few laps swimming to help stretch the body.
Food and drinks are great - and you will need the fitness to burn those extra calories -

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms facing the pool side, just a personal preference to avoid traffic noise from the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Fuseman56
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Every time I go to Davao, I stay at MPH, it's really the number 1 place to go. Wonderful pool and bar at the 4th floor. I strongly recommend the executive club floor on floors 17th and 18th.
And while you're there, as concierge to book Apo golf club for you, a traditional old course, the old way!

Room Tip: Book on the executive club floors
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Christophe S
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I spent 3 nights in the Marco Polo in Davao. For a 4-star (and not a 5 star), I think the Marco Polo offered excellent service. The staff personnel are extremely friendly and helpful and everyone speaks English at a high level. The only complaint I have concern the check-in and the room’s bathroom. At check-in, the girl was quick to tell me about an upgrade at a price of 3000 PHP for the 3 nights, but she did not inform me that the Marco Polo is a member of the GHA (Global Hotel Association). I have the GHA platinum card which entitles me to 1 free upgrade, but I didn’t know the Marco Polo was part of the GHA consortium. Thus, I never received my free upgrade. On the 3rd day of my stay, I discovered that the hotel is a GHA partner. It was too late for the upgrade, but the hotel did offer free transportation to the airport (the price is only 150 PHP). You can decide if this was sufficient compensation. My only other complaint was the bathroom, which is in need of renovation. However, the hot water and pressure were more than adequate. I had one meal at the hotel: the buffet dinner, which was nice enough (no steak or seafood), and again, the staff were very friendly. The price with 1 coke was over 1100 PHP, so it was not inexpensive! The Marco Polo has about 3 restaurants, including Cantonese and fine dining. The hotel had a very nice fully equipped gym, but make sure you take proper shoes. The swimming is large but looks old, as do the surrounding area of the pool. Finally, the hotel had 2 bars, and the one by the lobby (open bar) was very nice and the personnel were incredibly friendly. In conclusion, I can gladly recommend the Marco Polo for business or pleasure. The hotel management seems to work hard with their staff to offer exceptional service, but perhaps this is also the Philippine service-minded and friendly attitude that I have always experienced.

Room Tip: I stayed in the deluxe room and found the size okay as a solo traveler, but the bathroom is in need...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank lshapspro
Cebu
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Prepaid my one night stay...got there after lunch but was told that my room wasn't ready. I got back around 6pm and had to wait in line for around 15-20mins to speak to a front desk personnel, who couldn't find my reservation and room. Finally got my key nearly 30 minutes after I got there only to find that it wasn't the room that I asked for. The room was okay but the bathroom was moldy and dirty. The toilet wouldn't flush properly and the floor was "sticky".

I requested for late check-out and had my key revalidated, only to find that it wouldn't work past 12 noon despite my 2pm key revalidation. I must have ridden that elevator about 20 times in my 18hours stay! I must say I expected better from Marco Polo but I guess they were short of rooms and short of staff. Several floors were under construction so avoid those. They offered me an "upgrade" to the executive floors but I refused that when the whole floor was damp and carpeting was "moldy".

Buffet breakfast went fast and hardly any refill for the "popular" items. They could have done better...

Room Tip: request for a seaview on floors that aren't "under renovation"
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business