“Music loud, food and service bad”
Review of TGIF

TGIF
Ranked #218 of 512 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I get drug into tgi Fridays all over the world, this one no exception. Even coworker who wanted to eat here noticed that other places were extremely busy at 8 pm on a Saturday, but TGI was not. We should have taken that clue and left. We were immediately greeted and seated in an area just off the entrance. The music was way as loud as it could be (I incorrectly thought). First thing ordered refillable soda. Not available even though its on the menu. I felt this was a ploy to rip me off, and seemed vindicate when my "refillable" tea glass was left empty most of the meal an refilled only once. Of course the tea being empty could have been due to the incompetence of your employees. It took quite sometime for us to get our drinks from some guy who kept telling us he wasn't our waiter. Finally we shouted our order over the music. I was confident it would come out wrong.
Much to my surprise the food was correct, but not surprisingly it took a very long time to reach us. The chicken tender grilled cheese and short rib pasta were only warm, not hot. On top of that I had 19 chunks of fat, and only 7 pieces of actual beef. Our "not your waiter" finally came back to check on us and notices the fat chunks laying around the rim of my bowl. He seemed to show some concern when he noticed it, and said he would tell the kitchen. A bit later the hostess/manager came over and looked at the bowl of fat and said she would tell the kitchen. She never did come back to the table, but finally a 3rd guy who was " not our waiter" have me my 1 refill on tea, an coworker beer.
We wanted to sit for a few minutes and try to enjoy the beverages. But the music that couldn't get louder suddenly did! Rising to an ear splitting volumn the staff started ignoring us even more to form a dance line. It was very obvious this was more important than taking care of the guest. 3 songs later we were finally able to pay our bill and leave.

Overall a terrible experience. Worst service and meal ever at TGI Fridays. I eaten in many countries and while the food is generally bland and generic, service is usually good and at least the food is hot and you get what you expect. Not here, I probably should have rated all 1's.

There are newer reviews for TGIF

Reviewed May 26, 2013

All of those who have ever eaten at a TGIF anywhere in the States will feel right at home at this restaurant in Ayala Mall in Davao. The decor's the same, as is the menu and the service. It's boisterous, loud, kid-friendly and generally fun, though in my advancing years I find the noise somewhat irritating.

The menu is standard TGIF, with lots of Tex-Mex, potato skins, steaks and fries, all of it prepared adequately, if with little creativity. Still, it's edible, filling and fair value for money. The drinks are decently sized, well prepared and the service friendly but scripted.

When my kids were young, TGIF's was one of our default restaurants. Now that I'm (much) older, it doesn't have the attraction that it used to for me. But that's because I've changed. the restaurant has not.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Before flying to Davao, I researched around tripadvisor as to where in Davao could I bring a group of young men and women who recently graduated college. While the online site (and Abreeza mall for that matter) presented a lot of options, it was clear that we will end up at TGIF....and we did.
The restaurant is located at Abreeza Mall and it sits alongside other dining establishments facing the garden/parking lot. If you are inside the mall walking towards Debenhams, turn right when you reach the corner of Naturalizer (shoes) and TGIF will immediately welcome you with its loud burst of colors and funky music.
Not surprisingly, food was filling and good: chicken fingers (could be crispier and could use "more fingers"), fish and chips, pasta putanesca, Jack Daniel's porkchop (comes with either rice pilaf or mashed potato), unlimited tortilla chips + salsa (this is very good value - our group had 4 rounds), iced and their brownie obsession (2 big brownies with vanilla ice cream).
The good part, I was offered their Bistro Group card which comes with a lot of perks - one of which is a good 40% off on our bill that evening. Very good value! ...and the service from ALL its waiting staff is excellent. Good customer service!
By the end of our meal, everyone was full and content. Good Friday night.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Large portions!!! Love the iced tea and the lollipop mudslide dessert. Wait staff is very friendly and accommodating. Special thanks to Yan!!! You are awesome!!!

2  Thank sweetliar
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Typically in many restaurants here in Davao, you will be seated but you won't get the normal American service. Drinks may come when your meal comes and many times if you're eating with friends, you may watch them eat first as the food would never come out of the kitchen at the same time. But soon after the opening of T.G.I. Fridays in Davao, the great management and staff knows to wait on your right away and get your drinks and even appetizers to you ASAP. The food? I'm a regular there being American of course and needing my weekly fix for something that taste like home to me. Well all is worth the visit to T.G.I. Fridays at the Abreeza Mall and the bacon cheese burger is the only burger in Davao that taste just like you'd expect it to, thick, juicy and not Filipino beef. Even those great fries go down so nice. The staff offers the best service emulating the service you expect in the USA. I'm not sure why there web site http://www.tgifridays.com/ does not show this place and or location yet but should soon. Always a happy experience at TGIF and I highly recommend it if you're tired of rice and the other local food.

1  Thank JohnB710