“Good Seafood Restaurant!!”

Yellow Fin Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 586 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I love this restaurant they a lot of selection for seafood cravers and the food were delicious and tasty, good portion too!

Date of visit: July 2013
1  Thank glezel g

Reviewed June 30, 2013

It was my first time to eat here after staying in Davao for almost two years. I brought my Manila based boss and our US based client as recommended by friends and family. Initially, I was a bit concerned because the place was a bit cramped and the tables & chairs look worn out. The client doesn't looked pleased either at first.

With so many menu choices, we decided to just order the seafood platter plus kinilaw, extra tuna belly and lechon kawali. The food was just... WOW. The tuna belly was evenly cooked and it was very juicy and tender plus doesn't have the fishy aftertaste. The tuna in the kinilaw was so red and fresh and done Ilonggo style. We all couldn't stop raving and eating the food and was so stuffed that we can't even finish the lechon kawali.

Our client became a big fan and so did we. He recommends we bring any of his fellow clients to the restaurant in the future. Noted!

Date of visit: June 2013
5  Thank Hanson C
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I wasn't so sure about the place, although it was their new branch in Torres but was pleasantly surprised about the seafood. The grilled sizzling seafood selection was particularly good. At first, I thought it was too well done for seafood but since it was fresh and that grilled, smokey flavor came out well, it was actually much better than most. We also tried the fish in soy sauce (Chinese style) and it was also good again because it was fresh. The grilled squid was also okay, it was wasn't chewy but cooked well and tender.

The biggest surprise was the halo-halo dessert, it can easily satisfy two people. The ice is very fine much like the original Razons, and it doesn't have beans =) I think though they should look for a better milk to go with it. Just the same, it's an enjoyable treat to cap your meal.

Date of visit: May 2013
2  Thank mike321ph
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I was guardedly optimistic about the restaurant based on the positive reviews on this site, but Yellow Fin did not disappoint at all! It's perfect for those looking for good casual dining of seafood specialties. The grilled tuna was served hot and melts in your mouth fresh, likewise the Pampano Sinigang and the calamari rings. All of the waiters had a pleasant disposition that made me feel like we were honored guests. Great halo halo dessert too, with a slight hint of durian.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to locals and foreigners alike. The prices are quite reasonable based on my overall assessment of the food, service and the restaurant's atmosphere.

Date of visit: June 2013
2  Thank miketri722
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is one restaurant I will always want to go whenever I wanted a freshly grilled juicy tuna. Aside from the seafood,we've also tried the fried chicken and other pork menu. It's just superb! Everything is served fresh and delicious. The place is just fine and the price were reasonable.

Date of visit: October 2012