“Potential, but missing some basic things.”
Review of Midori Inn

Midori Inn
Bangkok, Thailand
“Potential, but missing some basic things.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Sometimes I wonder if the people who own hotels ever stay in them.

There's three or four basic non-luxury things any hotel needs in order to make the guest's stay pleasant. They don't really cost money, but they take some thinking about the guest's needs.

1) Outlet near the bed. This is essential by 2013. I need to charge my phone at night. My phone is also my clock, and I need to set the alarm to wake up. But the only outlet is all the way on the other side of the room. What am I supposed to do? So easy for the hotel to just install an extension cord or new outlet if they had thought about the guest, but just hasn't been done. I asked for an extension cord, and they were happy to lend me one, but it was short and still didn't reach across the room.

2) Shelf in the bathroom. Another super easy one. Where am I supposed to put all my shower/toiletry stuff? My contacts, my hairbrush, my toothbrush. Can't stand this. Have to cram it all into the tiny ledge of the sink, but then constantly knocking it off. Just a no-brainer.

3) Lightswitch, or lamp near the bed. Most hotels have this nowadays. But here you have to turn off the light near the door, then stumble across the pitch-black room to the bed. Make sure you don't leave anything on the floor, or have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

4) A desk would have been nice. If you want to get work done here, as I did, you either have to lie on your bed with the computer cord stretched across the room (can't sit, because again, the outlet issue), or go to the lobby (but no outlets there either).

The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly, so there's no issues there. Location is very good. Laundry service would be nice - they recommended a place down the street, but that place didn't have express service. Not critical. Just a few simple, cheap improvements would have made this a perfect, affordable place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Katzistan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel when I was in Davao City last year. I would say that I was really satisfied with the service. The The room was clean and perfectly decorated that makes your stay worthwhile. This September 2013 I'm coming to Davao and will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank LuisGeorgeIII
Texarkana, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was privileged to stay in the Madori Inn for 11 consecutive days at the end of February to the first of March and the facility was just fantastic! The room was not large but adequate. All the amenities worked well. A great breakfast was provided each day. The staff was always friendly and very helpful. The price was very affordable and the cleanliness was wonderful. I will stay there anytime I am in Davao City.

Room Tip: The A/C works well but there is no elevator, so consider that if you are on a higher floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Larry C
Osaka, Japan
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The staff was so kind and nice.
They always greeted the customers and people who visited.

I stayed a single room.
The size of the room was enough for me.
But it would be better if there were a desk and chair.

The room was very clean and i was free from noise.
Sometimes i found ants in my room, but i think that it's a kind of Philippines style...haha

You can have a breakfast with free at Saluhan Restaurant (near from Midori Inn) or order McDonald's.
I always had a breakfast at the restaurant, so i dont know how McDonalds' one was.
But the breakfast will be not enough especially for men if you have it at Saluhan Restaurant.

The location is also good, so you can go to anywhere easily.
But it is inconvenience that there are no convenience store near from Inn...X(

Finally, it's very safe and reasonable price, so i recommend this hotel :D
I will stay this hotel again!!!

スタッフはとてもフレンドリーで、

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank penchampion
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great hotel, very clean, new. The staff was excellent! I was traveling with my son, daughter-in-law & granddaughter. The staff helped us with all our luggage, stored some for us. Everyone on staff was great. Felt very safe in this location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at room 405. Unfortunately, we were all too tired when we got to our room that I didn't get a chance to take a photo of the room before we used it.

Anyways, the inn was great! I've tried a lot of budget hotels but I would say that this is one of the best in Asia. Upon entering the lobby, guests will be greeted by the lobby, dining area and reception area. The place immediately tells the guests that it is a eco-friendly lodge.

The cheap accommodation doesn't align with the cleanliness and coziness of the place, specially the restroom. The room was just perfect! It was worth every penny.

The staff were very accommodating and helpful. On our last day, I even asked if I could take a picture of some of their vacant rooms and they allowed it with one staff accompanying me.

Another plus for this inn is the location. It is just a building away from Sampaguita Inn 1 and a few blocks away from People's Park and some restaurants. Being beside Sampaguita Inn also allows guests to have easy access to a cab since the cabs line up in front of Sampaguita.

Room Tip: The inn is a 4-story building. If you don't want to climb the stairs everytime you want to enter...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ap0lz
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

A nice, clean and small budget hotel with no frills. Very eco-friendly place which suits me fine. Staff are courteous and friendly. The beds are comfy although it would be nice if they could put a light switch near the bed so one didn't have to get up to turn off the lights. Location is good. I would stay in this inn again next time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends