“Unassuming gem serving comfort food”
Review of Lachi's

Lachi's
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Davao City
Cuisines: American, Filipino
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Manila, Philippines
“Unassuming gem serving comfort food”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

After years of visiting Davao, I finally found myself making a bee-line towards the one restaurant my friends have all tried (and I haven't). Lachi's is located along a busy-ish street and sits side by side next to small mom and pop establishments. In front is a bungalow which doubles(?) as a showroom for Betis Pampanga furniture. Blink and you will miss Lachi's so keep you eyes open to the non-descript facade save for the green sign at the glass window. Everybody is saying the go-to order here are the ribs. Since I do not eat meat, my friend indulged - and enjoyed it so much! He raved it was falling off the bones, had the right mix of sweet, tangy and savory sauce barbecue-d in and came in just the right amount of serving to share or eat solo. I had the fried bangus (milkfish) served with rice with a personal side order of fried egg. I liked that mine came extra crispy which complemented the side dish of cold pickles it came with. For dessert, we had the sans rival (again, to everyone's recommendation). It was the kind I like: crunchy, buttery and not so sweet - just like how Burger Machine in the 90's served theirs. It was a no-frills lunch - almost like being served at home. The price is very friendly, too! Next time I had my fill of the usual Davao fare, I will work my back to Lachi's.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Aveeno1991

“Rice Meals”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Lachi's is famous for their cakes and pastries. The last time we went here, we ordered their rice meals. I had their grilled pork ribs. I'm not really a picky eater so the food was fine for me. Not too expensive. I believe I paid around Php150 for my rice and ribs. We also tried their french macaroons (3 for Php100). I find it expensive and the taste was not that great. I'll just stick to their famous NY cheesecake next time. :)

Visited August 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“excellent cakes!!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Their cakes are divine!!! Moist, airy, NOT SO SWEET....beats all other cakes I've tasted in Europe and USA!!! Will definitely go back there again when I visit Davao.

• Visited February 2013
Davao City, Philippines
“yum! yum! yum”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

i love this place they serve yummy food, and plenty of choice of their desserts which are cakes. i love their fish with tar2 sauce, the unforgettable spareribs really you will forget your neighbor but not this dish. their laing oh so tasty, the bbq porkchop, the chicken roll i forgot the name its like cordon bleu with pineapple sauce hmmmm yummy, bfore i forgot the lechon kawali are so crispy hmmm.
annnnnd the cake are so unforgettable the sanzreval, the blueberry cheese cake will make you happy,the choco torte, the dark choco cake and many more, actually plenty of choice of cakes they can offer here , you can't go wrong bringing your family and friends in this place, for me its davao's pride.
now they have more seats to offer and more relax ambiance, the place is newly renovated.
and before i forgot the price are soooo friendly. all the dishes comes with rice and litle side homemade pickle P100- P130 are the usual price. cakes ranging P60- 75.

• Visited December 2012
Davao City, Philippines
“I loved their French Macarons!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

it might be pricey though, it's 3 for P100... if it's priced much slower, I would love to have it everyday

Visited December 2012