“Nice and Clean”

Ranked #5 of 124 Davao City B&B and Inns
Marikina, Philippines
“Nice and Clean”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I recommend this place since its clean and new. Its perfect for us since we roam around the city the whole day and just needs a place to sleep in. Plus there's a free breakfast in the morning. Hot and cold shower is available but i would suggest for them to change the shower head since some of the parts are not working. No biggie, for the cheap price and clean rooms i would definitely go back to North Zen again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Reimmak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
el nidopalawan
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I Love to stay at North Zen Hotel in Davao City its located in Sobrecary Street near Lapu-Lapu Street and Just Blocks going to Gaisano Mall just ride a tricycle for Php 7 per person, its very clean and cozy, nice restroom with hot & cold shower. Staff we're friendly and they accomodate whatever the guest needs right away. In my next vacation in Davao i will absolutely stay again in North Zen Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 1, 2013

me and my officemates stayed here for 3 days. room was small for a family room since were 5. first night room was clean and all nice. but they only gave us 3 towels knowing we are 5 in the room. we have to ask for it. 2nd day we told them to clean our room so when we get back it will be clean. but what happened when we were so tired and got inside,the room was still not clean.. we call them and ask why. they just said that they are sorry. and because they are kinda busy thats why they forgot to clean the room. what an answer. but over all its still okay to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank malditacaq84
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed in several hotels in Davao region on a budget and this hotel was clean, spacious, cool and relaxing. Everything worked: nice showers, nice flat screen tv, good room service and it is near shops, and amenities.

The problem with other budget hotels is a bit of neglect in at least one area ...maybe toilet/bath facilities are not working properly or a bit of decor needs doing, but North Zen is well maintained & well decorated which makes it stand out from the rest of the hotels for me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
cayman
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I didn't like staying here. Not because I expected different appearance and amenities. But the service was the worst. I work in the same field so I now this for a fact. The girls at the front are snob and not interested on helping nor making suggestions about anything. Most of my questions was answered by No. I don't know. We don't have. It's close to a lot of places which is good. I will never ever stay here again.

Stayed October 2012
2 Thank rey22

Travelers are raving about these Davao City hotels

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Had a bit of explaining done when I was checking-in for this hotel. Booked it through an online booking site and their instructions for the payment is very unclear. I thought I was already been charged since this is the usual practice so I was shocked to know I still need to pay them upon check-in.

It was resolved but I asked them to revise their instructions for future customers.

Room is small. Very basic. Single bed. Small bathroom. Breakfast not included.

With a bit of GPS-skill you can find your way to a nearby mall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank jaysantos_dot_ph
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had a great experience while staying in North Zen. The room I was first a sign to was not too big but not to small. The problem was that the shower was barely working however the front desk was very nice and accomidating and offered me a different room. She even showed me other rooms and see which one i like. This is a plus for me. The room I choose had a king size bed, plus much cheaper than the one is initially booked for. The room is good for two person.The shower was in great condition, the bathroom however was small. But the room has all the basics, large closet, tv and AC. The bed consist of two pillows and a thin blanket. Not a big deal for me. The staff are always kind and greats you with a smile all the time.I would recommend North Zen, to those who are looking for a good place to stay and on a budget. Looking forward on my next trip I sure will stay here again. Thanks North Zen for a great experience.

• Stayed May 2013