“Poolside room next to LOUD children's party”

Domicilio Lorenzo Apartelle
Ranked #1 of 124 Davao City B&B and Inns
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Poolside room next to LOUD children's party”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The room is a good size for the budget price. We booked our poolside room through Agoda, and were informed upon check-in at 3pm that there was a children's pool party until 6pm. In order to reach our room, we had to push our way through two dozen wet, loud children and loud pop music, all of which could easily be heard inside our room. We had hoped to enjoy the afternoon by the pool or in the comfort of our room, but this was impossible due to the noise level. The design of the hotel is such that the private party took over the entire premises, including the parking at the entrance. Of course, pools attract children, but there was no escaping the 20 or so loud children horsing around in the pool and garden. We had to leave the hotel in order to be comfortable - not exactly what you're looking for when you had hoped for a relaxing afternoon. It would likely be fine if you had children of your own, but if your group is only adults, I do not recommend it unless you can ensure that there will be no children's party. The price is good, and the location is also good, as it is near MacArthur Highway but not actually on it. The street is residential, I believe, so the neighbor's loud music began at 6:30am. There is nothing the hotel management could do about this, of course, but is something to keep in mind. Another negative if you are two adults looking to relax or sleep in.

Room Tip: Don't choose a poolside room unless you have children or can ensure that there is no pool party...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Susan C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I booked here last May 17-18 for a business trip. Their only remaining room is the garden view because the pool view rooms are occupied. The room has decent space, nice working hot shower and quiet ac. But there's no view of the garden, all I could see were a bunch of dirt and some railings...oh well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank rickyemerald
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Domicilio Lorenzo is a quite a place to be in.

First and foremost, we came to this place because it was recommended to us by a friend and that she said that it has a nice pool good for kids also since we were looking for an area to hold our kids' Birthdays. I was a bit skeptical at first since we haven't heard of this place and this is not a standout in TripAdvisor also. This review will be based on my experience there and may vary with others. I also hope that the management may read this so that they could improve their establishment and will be a hit here.

First, the staff
Generally speaking, the staff are okay. Okay in a sense that they still need training in terms of interpersonal skills and also dealing with customers. I think their female head is better but the others still has areas that needed improvement like;
1.) refrain from making faces when a customer asks/requests something. (I personally requested another color for our table mantles since we were promised to have blue mantles and they cannot provide it since they gave it to another customer).
2.) a simple smile or a friendly gesture would also suffice if a customer smiles back at you.

What I like about them was that they were still able to help me decorate that area since I was undermanned in the set-up. They even gave me inputs on what color would be best in the area and how to decorate them.

Secondly, the area
1.) the area is very cozy. It is serene and you could barely notice other residents. The garden is also nice and it has a breeze that soothes out my stress. The garden area is near the pool (as seen in my pictures) and is quite spacious if you want to hold a garden party of some sort.
2.) The area set-up of Domicilio Lorenzo is more like that of an old ancestral house and hence it projects a calm atmosphere because of the trees and its garden.
3.) I would like to recommend though to the management to always maintain cleanliness of its surroundings not only in the garden area but also all throughout the apartelle. I personally am not satisfied with their kitchen as they have just allowed unwashed (around 15 ) plates just in the sink, while the staff are so busy talking to each other in the lobby area. I observed this while I was washing my own utensils and plates (as they would allow the usage of their kitchen).
Another cleanliness issue is at the second floor. Since its wood, dirt can easily lodge on it. The staff should always maintain its cleanliness by sweeping / mopping it regularly.
4.) another problem that I have seen are their pets. It's nice that they have a dog and cats roaming around but its another thing when these pets would try to harm the residents in their hotel. My son was almost bitten by the Doberman pup and was almost scratched by the cat as he was trying to pet it. It should be better that all pets should be kept in its respective area. Safety should be the main priority here.

Third, the Room / Party Area
1.) Our party area is quite spacious given the number of people that I had. They also provided the sound system and there were no additional charges for electrical usage. They allowed me to used their projector screen free of charge. Even though area is not airconditioned, the three fans were enough to invite the cool breeze outside near the garden. 5 stars for its party area. By the way, they also have a garden area and a conference room for small gatherings.
2.) Our room. Our room is the best room in Domicilio Lorenzo! it has a very spacious veranda (attached pictures) that has a view of the garden and the pool. You could relax, unwind and party if you want in its veranda. The room had a very spacious 2 queen size beds and a big LCD Tv with good cable channels. The bathroom also had hot and cold water and it was so spacious as well. In other words, another 5 star for the room.
3) the Pool. too bad I was not able to swim in their pool since we were so busy organizing the party but I think basing on the reaction of my children it was great. It is not an olympic size pool but it has both a small size pool for kids coupled with the adult-size one.
4) I think another area that they could improve on is the parking space since the establishment can only allow two cars to park inside while others will park outside. If that's an issue to you, then you may want talk to the staff to make your car a priority to park inside. They have security I think at night -- I wasn't able to observe if they have CCTV. Generally speaking, the community in the area is quite safe and well-lit. It's near Ateneo Grade School and a gasoline station so it's not a problem.
5) Internet connection -- they do have free wifi but when we were there, the staff said it needed repairs since it was kind of slow.

Lastly, the price.
Their prices are so competitive and it's really a steal. 5 stars for this.

As an ending note, would I want my family to come back or even recommend it to other people?
I say, sure! (Just take note of the recommendations that I have)

Room Tip: If you want a family room, go for Room 8 since it has a veranda and a very spacious bathroom and bed...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Screaming_Pen
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed there for a night but we only paid 350 per person.
It was all worth it. Great location. Friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank goddessofdawn
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed June 4, 2011

This semi serviced apartelle is very convenient to stay at because it's close to malls and accessible to all types of transportation. The staff are very friendly and can assist you with some errands like buying stuff from the store. They provide free drinking water but you have to ask for it. They will ask you If you want house water or bottled water, just choose the house water because it's purified anyway-and its free. They have a clean pool which is free to use for the guests. The bedrooms smell fresh and the bathrooms are clean. It's your home away from home. Overall, the stay was great, and I'll definitely choose this hotel when I visit Davao again.

Room Tip: Try the Cabana Rooms :)
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends